Trollbox
Users Online: 0

🔄🔄🔄🔄 ―――― ▲ MOIN ――― Buy right, hodl tight! ――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄

MOIN
Threads: 1, Posts: 6

BOOTSTRAP FOR FAST FIRST SYNC | REPORT WALLET ISSUES

ADDNODES (UPDATED EVERY 6 HOURS)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Initial Swap Fund: 8,300,000 ▲ MOIN (10:1 with MoinCoin)
Unclaimed Coins Burned: 3,568,555 ▲ MOIN
Supply Cap: 21,000,000 ▲ MOIN
Block Time: 64 Seconds
Difficulty Retarget: Every Block
Stake Rewards: 10% (PoS v3.0)
Min Transaction Fee: 0.0001 ▲ MOIN
Min Pvt Transaction Fee: 0.001 ▲ MOIN
PoS Min Stake Time: 8 hours
Max Stake Time: Unlimited
Transactions: 10 confirmations
P2P port: 7997 RPC port: 7996
Testnet P2P port: 17997 RPC port: 17996

axllht crz Jookly KingCaper
Graphic Designer Lead Designer Community Manager Developer

COMMUNITY WEBSITE   moinmovement.org

CRYPTOPIA

LIVECOIN.NET

COINEXCHANGE.IO

NOVAEXCHANGE

BITSQUARE.IO (DECENTRALIZED)

C-CEX

MOIN/BTC  |  MOIN/LTC  |  MOIN/USD

WEBSITE   discovermoin.com

BLOCK EXPLORERS   Official  |  Testnet

MARKET INFORMATION   CoinMarketCap  |  CoinGecko  |  Count My Crypto  |  WorldCoinIndex

OTHER FORUMS   BitcoinTalk  |  Bitcoin Garden  |  CryptoCoinTalk

MOIN PROMO VIDEO   YouTube (courtesy of @farelka9)

MOIN WALLPAPER   imgur (designed by axllht)

TRADING TOOLS   CrypTrader  |  Arbitrage Opportunities

TRANSLATIONS   Chinese

Posted: 4/8/2016 6:14:21 PM Edited: 10/1/2017 10:10:33 PM
Hex
Threads: 198, Posts: 403

MOIN is now on the voting list, once 5,000,000 is reached it will be listed as soon as it's synced.

Posted: 4/9/2016 12:08:10 PM
BlockChainDynamics
Threads: 2, Posts: 133

I don't see it on the dot voting list?

Posted: 4/15/2016 12:48:32 PM
MOIN

MOIN v1.1.0.0 - Mandatory update

Proof of Stake v3

The new wallet implements Blackcoin's PoS v3 from block 282500. There will be 10% static inflation of the total current supply (minus the 3,568,555 MOIN burned after the swap), so the new static stake reward will begin at around 1.26 MOIN per block and increase from there. This means around 1700 MOIN per day will be split between those actively staking. The centralized checkpoint server has been removed.

Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets

Hierarchical deterministic wallets allow you to backup and restore all keys in a wallet from a single seed. The seed is presented to the user in the form of a 24 word mnemonic using common English words.
More information: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet

All in, the v1.1.0.0 update incorporates enhancements from four Bitcoin Improvement Proposals:

BIP-0032 Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets
BIP-0039 Mnemonic code for generating deterministic keys
BIP-0044 Multi-Account Hierarchy for Deterministic Wallets
BIP-0065 OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY

Feature releases are likely to include features built upon them.

The release also includes a fix to a deanonymization vulnerability as well as other bug fixes and optimizations too numerous to mention. The majority of this comes by way of SDC, BLK and BTC, so our thanks to them.

Installation

If you haven't already, please make a backup of your wallet.dat before upgrading. There will be a reindex on first launch which will take maybe 10-15 minutes and after which the wallet will close. You can then open the wallet and resume using it as normal.

This is a mandatory update as there will be a hard fork at block 282500 (around July 1st) for the switch to PoS v3.

Download links

Code:
https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.0

Thanks for your continued support and enjoy.

Posted: 6/6/2016 4:19:59 PM Edited: 3/21/2017 9:37:46 PM
MOIN

First Advanced Blockchain Function - Proof of Existence

I'm currently working on a Proof of Existence service for MOIN. For those who of you not familiar with it, it lets you store a cryptographic digest of a file (linked to the time that you submitted it) in the blockchain. This provides a decentralized and permanent proof that the file/document existed at that particular point in time.

Click the image to watch a short preview of the prototype drag-and-drop interface.

Please show your support by retweeting:
https://twitter.com/MoinCrypto/status/748161013107802112

Posted: 6/30/2016 9:30:35 AM Edited: 3/21/2017 9:39:40 PM
MOIN

MOIN v1.1.0.1 - Recommended Update

MOIN v1.1.0.1 features some UI fixes and design changes (thanks to axllht for the feedback and suggestions), an upgrade to LevelDB 1.18 and various other bug fixes.

Perhaps most significantly, Moinoshis will hereby be referred to as Moinlets.

Changes

• Various unresponsive UI buttons fixed
  • Colour scheme/general design tweaks
  • Additional tooltips and fixed tooltip placement (thanks Yallah for the report and suggestions)
  • Upgrade to LevelDB 1.18
  • getaccountaddress fix
  • Drop < 60017 peers
  • Seeds updated
  • Fix for secure messaging bug

Download links

Code:
https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/tag/v1.1.0.1

Posted: 9/13/2016 2:43:53 PM Edited: 3/21/2017 9:41:09 PM
MOIN

MOIN v1.2.0.0

New Wallet UI Design

The new MOIN wallet features a completely overhauled UI based on crz's wonderfully designed SDC Umbra client, with a few minor customizations including some nice new status icons from axllht. I think, as with previous versions, we'll continue to put our own stamp on it design-wise over time. In particular axhllt had some good ideas using design elements from the previous client that it would be nice to incorporate.

Encrypted Messenger Upgrade

The second big change in this release is a major upgrade to the decentralized encrypted messenger. The UI has been refined as part of the overall redesign and support for smileys has been added as well as the ability to hold group chats. Gravicons are assigned per MOIN address to make it easier to tell group participants apart if you don't yet have their addresses in your address book. I already have some ideas about we might incorporate it into The Platform.

Download links

Code:
https://github.com/MOIN/moin/releases/tag/v1.2.0.0

Other News and Resources                                                                                

I'm happy to announce that axllht has officially joined Jookly, crz and myself on the MOIN team. He's been a great help in the development and testing of the latest client and we're very glad to have him on board!

The official block explorer has been updated to the latest version of Iquidus, which adds Network (sample of recently active nodes) and Movement (list of sizable transactions) tabs.

The OP in the thread's been updated too - dead links removed, MOIN Team section and links to Nova Exchange added. Crz has recently said he still intends to create MOIN Lite (newcomer friendly, low-resource wallet spin). While there's no time frame for it, I'm very excited about it. The roadmap has been updated to reflect this and our current working goals.

I've also created a new Github repo which is updated with an up to date bootstrap.dat file every 24 hours and added a file which is updated every 6 hours with a list of current active nodes to discovermoin.com.

As I've mentioned before, I was a bit pushed for time during the earlier part of the year due to a change in my personal circumstances, but for the next few months it's nothing but MOIN. I'm glad to get back to it.
Join us on IRC (#moin-crypto) or Slack if you've any questions or feedback and thank you all for your contributions, enthusiasm and support.

Posted: 3/21/2017 9:55:39 PM Edited: 3/21/2017 9:59:18 PM
MOIN

Fortnightly Sunday Update

New Website

Feast thine eyes on the new discovermoin.com! It's the culmination of many weeks of work from axllht and, as I'm sure you'll agree, is a thing of rare beauty! It contains much more information than the old one did and will continue to grow and evolve as the project does. Tell your friends!
Here is his MOIN address if you would like to say you to him:

Mf2tk59XoJCmExzvgWrMggkwT8KfB7E2eM

Thanks also to Jookly for writing the scripts powering those tasty infographics! If you notice any bugs or have any suggestions about how it could be improved please let us know.

GitHub

The website's not the only thing that's gotten a revamp - thecryptocartel has created a much more pretty and informative GitHub README to greet people visiting the MOIN repo. Check it out: https://github.com/MOIN/moin

Riot Room

The way the crypto community embraced Slack has never really sat right with me. For the last few weeks the dev team has been using Riot and though it's still a little rough around the edges, it's proven to be a more than capable open source alternative. There are bridges between IRC, Slack and Riot so whichever one you choose you won't miss out on anything. But I recommend giving Riot a go:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#moin-general:matrix.org

Fortnightly Updates

Although I quite enjoy doing it, I spend a disproportionate amount of time writing these updates. So in keeping with our new laser-like focus on efficiency, the fortnightly updates will henceforth be brought to you by our trusty Community Manager Jookly, who I've no doubt will do a splendid job keeping you all informed. In the mean time, I will be coding and vetting developers.

I've seen a few posts on Reddit lately... words of wisdom from crypto "old-timers" - guys who've been around for 2 or 3 months dispensing their sage investment advice to the noobs. Often it's just a thinly veiled advertisement for one of this week's ICOs. Anyway, long ago a wise man gave me a little piece of advice. Over time, it came to change my life. It can be summed up in four short words...

Buy right, hold tight.

Kanpai friends!  Wink

Posted: 10/1/2017 10:11:05 PM
jookly
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Fortnightly Sunday Update #14

Hello out there Moin cryptommunity.  I figured since this is my first time giving and being responsible for the fortnightly update I would start it off by just saying so. So what happened in the last two weeks with Moin?

Preparing Reddit

The team has been working on getting the r/MOIN subreddit prepared for its grand opening.  Axllht has been beautifying it to match the new websites style.  I have been getting a tipbot ready for the subreddit.  Everyone has been pitching in to test the bot.  It will be great to open this subreddit to the public when it is ready.  I am really looking forward to it!

What Is KingCaper Doing?

Whats the big guy up stairs doing?  This week he has needed to take time to work on a non-roadmapped task that will bring a host of benefits to Moin as we continue in to development of THE PLATFORM.  I will leave it at that and up to him for revealing details on this when the time is right.

Moin Community Contributors League

We had a really constructive discussion through the unified Moin chats about the need for more marketing and community engagement.  One actionable item we landed on is the resurgence of something older moiniacs might remember from when we were mostly on irc.  The idea is the Moin Community Contributors League.  The basic idea is to have weekly competition and rewards for promoting Moin.  We will reveal more details on this soon.

Bounty Program

The second item that came out of our discussion was that we can offer bounties for specific projects, then have people sign up for and accomplish those projects.  We will begin facilitating this process soon.  A couple examples of the types of bounties we are talking about here might begetting an article written about Moin or getting a really tight t-shirt design made.  We still have coins that should go to a T-shirt designer.  We will figure out how to make this happen.

Gun bae! -Jookly

Posted: 10/16/2017 6:26:07 AM Edited: 10/16/2017 6:28:48 AM