Avg time for deposit? Cryptopia's Seniors to chime in please

GTCLIVE
Threads: 1, Posts: 3

Seniors, didn't meant you are old rest assured. Meaning; you've been a member and traded with Cryptopia for a while ;)

Question (survey?) I have is about the average time it normally take for a transaction to appear/record as a 'transaction' on Cryptopia.

If you browse the Forum > Info, you see a whole lot of "where is my deposit?" or similar concerns. But then it could well be that half a million ppl transac on this exchange every day so the volume of complaints reletaive to 'slow transactions' can't really be of an accurate reflection of the Cryptopia exchange. Some may have mixed in the ID with 

Therefore, I would like to ask the Cryptopia 'seniors' what sort of timing are we looking at here, please share your experiences.

PS: I've just sent myself ETN100 for the fun of it. I find it hard to believe that so many traders here are having issues with timing, some as long as a month?!... got to test this by myself to believe it lolll

In a meantime, let me know what was your experience(s), how long does it normally take for you

thanks

GTC

Posted: 2/8/2018 3:48:15 PM
GTCLIVE

Right, so... transfering ETN100 from My.Electroleum.com to Cryptopia.co.nz took 1.25hr

Not all "The End of the World" as per many posts I've just read on the Cryptipia forums. 1.25hr is reasonable considering the endless amount of gizzmoCoins & transactions on this Internet these days.

New question then:

1) What are all those nonsense posts about "money not received", "tickets not answered" and all? Genuine?

2) Why most posters, if not all, have only <3~5 posts (i.e new members). Is Cryptipia under attack from its competition? Any such thing possible? Bots? Govenement/Financial assisted Agencies trying to tarnish those exchange houses?!

To reply this(my) thread, you need to be an established member with minimum 20 posts (some stars, something/anything credible). No offence to the new comers, I'm new myself and only trying to make sense of this business.

e.g. If you post that you have not-received-your-money blah blah with only 3 posts under your belt, I'll have to discredit what you wrote. Nothing personal rest assured.

Really looking for a crowd of "senior members" to contribute here, if that's okay

Thanks

Posted: 2/8/2018 4:47:15 PM Edited: 2/8/2018 4:48:38 PM
Dandilion
Threads: 0, Posts: 23

Being a senior user has little to do with anything here.

Basically, Cryptopia is understaffed and slow. From time to time (once or twice a month), they fall behind badly.

If you wanna see the lag your deposit is in, look at "CoinInfo", find your coin, look at its current blockheight and compare with the block number it was mined in. 

For example, I've deposited some Ethereum-based tokens this morning. When I look at coin info, Cryptopia is at 5040071 blockheight. My deposit was mined in a block number 5052787.

What does that mean? That means Cryptopia is only 12716 blocks behind.

On Ethereum, each block takes approximately 15 seconds. That's four per minute, 240 an hour, 5760 blocks a day. All in all, Cryptopia is currently over two days behind my deposit.

So if you ask "is this normal", the answer from me is "kinda!"

Posted: 2/8/2018 5:08:11 PM Edited: 2/8/2018 5:11:32 PM
cyabb
Threads: 12, Posts: 45

it is funny because they actually send&recieve coins but wallets noy sync and all problem coming from there. You can find many 3k-10k confirm not recieved money in forum because cryptopia wallets behind 10k-15k block of system. There is no crime but i think they dont care? 

Posted: 2/8/2018 5:10:40 PM
truant
Threads: 1, Posts: 16

Seniors, didn't meant you are old rest assured. Meaning; you've been a member and traded with Cryptopia for a while ;)

Question (survey?) I have is about the average time it normally take for a transaction to appear/record as a 'transaction' on Cryptopia.

If you browse the Forum > Info, you see a whole lot of "where is my deposit?" or similar concerns. But then it could well be that half a million ppl transac on this exchange every day so the volume of complaints reletaive to 'slow transactions' can't really be of an accurate reflection of the Cryptopia exchange. Some may have mixed in the ID with 

Therefore, I would like to ask the Cryptopia 'seniors' what sort of timing are we looking at here, please share your experiences.

PS: I've just sent myself ETN100 for the fun of it. I find it hard to believe that so many traders here are having issues with timing, some as long as a month?!... got to test this by myself to believe it lolll

In a meantime, let me know what was your experience(s), how long does it normally take for you

thanks

GTC

GTCLIVE: 2/8/2018 3:48:15 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/7363 

Posted: 2/8/2018 5:16:27 PM
GTCLIVE

Being a senior user has little to do with anything here.

So if you ask "is this normal", the answer from me is "kinda!"    

Dandilion: 2/8/2018 5:08:11 PM

Being a Senior makes all the difference between "being paranoid" and being "well informed" (I think loll). Have you seen all of the paranoid posts related to "I have not received, scam, thieves". Man this is ridiculous, and almost funny but its not... this forum needs a flush and reboot if you ask me (poor Cryptopia I tell ya). Surely 98% of those forum posts are crypto-un-educated folks (like myself perhaps), or something bigger happening maybe??

On your final note; I couldn't really understand how could it be possible to have funds transfered within seconds considering all that webtraffic. So the fact that you find it normal is pretty reassuring. Thanks

Looks like Cryptopia has a great bunch of experienced (seniors) members. Now that's even more reassuring!

@truant , thanks for linking me up, so much to learn apparently.

PS: How the f it is possible for a company to gatter so many negative posts in such a short time. Seriously... BOTS? Secret Goverment-funded CryptoCurrencies Assacination Program?

Posted: 2/8/2018 5:33:36 PM Edited: 2/8/2018 5:35:28 PM
Dandilion
Threads: 0, Posts: 23

I meant it was normal within the Cryptopia realm. I have not encountered any other exchange with similar characteristics. Cryptopia is special.

I partly understand why people freak out. They have money in and whenever any snag pops up, nobody answers their questions. And yeah -- waiting 2 weeks for a deposit is surreal. On the other hand, they could be as nice as not to create new threads for the same topic, as this behaviour actually only pushes their case aside and covers it up with more rubbish. 

Still, the forum is very representative of how this thing works overall. I like it though. 

Posted: 2/8/2018 6:12:55 PM
etnbars
Threads: 1, Posts: 4

I'm 48 hours into waiting or my deposit of 764 PAY and 94 omg .  Everything checkout out fine on etherscan.  Should I be worried or is this normal?

Posted: 2/8/2018 6:16:33 PM
petrnajdek
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

I'm 48 hours into waiting or my deposit of 764 PAY and 94 omg .  Everything checkout out fine on etherscan.  Should I be worried or is this normal?

etnbars: 2/8/2018 6:16:33 PM

It is not normal, but it is Cryptopia standard. You will wait a lot of days. Some people are waithing 1 month.

Posted: 2/8/2018 6:21:57 PM
marvel212
Threads: 2, Posts: 61

I've been using cryptopia since June of last Year.  Back then the volume was lot lower.  Service was relatively quick.  These days the service is slow.  I stopped using Cryptopia for a while until recently.  The amount of stuck deposit and withdrawl is quite often.  In the past couple of months I had about 15 stuck transactions out of about 200.  That's quite a lot.  That's nearly 10% of the time.  All of the stuck transactions solved itself within few days without an admin reply.

Currently I have a stuck at processing transaction for about $5000 worth of coins for 4 days.  Nobody is coming to aid.  Their reply is it's going to take 35 days for them to reply to my ticket.  35 days in the cryptocurrency day means your money can be slashed in half.

I've used other excahnges like poloniex, bittrex, yobit, korbit, and many others.  Bittrex and Korbit (korean exhange) as my main trading platform.  I never had a single transaction stuck.  There was a delay for a couple of hours at most.

Posted: 2/8/2018 6:52:56 PM Edited: 2/8/2018 6:58:16 PM
tonyw205
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

This is unacceptable. Exchanges like this will go under if they can't provide better support for deposits.

Posted: 2/8/2018 10:41:02 PM
punongkahoy
Threads: 0, Posts: 16

Just to give you my own experience, I started to use cryptopia last year, never have a problem eversince, but this January 2018, my deposit got stuck. I am 100% sure i have followed all the procedures. Destination Address and payment ID was correct. I have deposited 5000 etn on Jan 7. Checked the coin status and It was ok (Not on maintenance mode), with minimal blockheight span. Tested another 20 etn with same address and payment ID. 5000 missing, 20 deposited. Filed a ticket on Jan 8. Admin Replied on Jan 31. up to now (Feb 9,2018) no action to my ticket. 20 etn confirmation and transaction id showed on Deposit History while 5000 is not showing since I sent. Both was confirmed on the blockchain explorer side.

Their reply was like system generated or template-like containing

**Please be advised that this is a bulk response due to the high volumes of tickets received**

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia!

Apologies for the delay in our response. We are really busy at the moment and your patience has been very much appreciated in the meantime.

Your ticket has been sorted into a queue to be looked into and investigated. We are doing our best to get through the tickets as quickly as we can.

If however, your issue has been resolved, please proceed to close the ticket as it will help us work our way through the backlog of tickets.

Your kind understanding and patience is appreciated and we do hope to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. Kind

Regards,

Cryptopia Support Team

Posted: 2/9/2018 12:59:40 AM Edited: 2/9/2018 7:43:51 AM
marvel212
Threads: 2, Posts: 61

Just to give you my own experience, I started to use cryptopia last year, never been a problem eversince, but this January 2018, my deposit got stuck. I am 100% sure i have followed all the procedures. Destination Address and payment ID was correct. I have deposited 5000 etn on Jan 7. Checked the coin status and It was ok (Not on maintenance mode), with minimal blockheight span. Tested another 20 etn with same address and payment ID. 5000 missing, 20 deposited. Filed a ticket on Jan 8. Admin Replied on Jan 31. up to now (Feb 9,2018) no action to my ticket. 20 etn confirmation and transaction id showed on Deposit History while 5000 is not showing since I sent. Both was confirmed on the blockchain explorer side.

Their reply was like system generated or template-like containing

**Please be advised that this is a bulk response due to the high volumes of tickets received**

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia!

Apologies for the delay in our response. We are really busy at the moment and your patience has been very much appreciated in the meantime.

Your ticket has been sorted into a queue to be looked into and investigated. We are doing our best to get through the tickets as quickly as we can.

If however, your issue has been resolved, please proceed to close the ticket as it will help us work our way through the backlog of tickets.

Your kind understanding and patience is appreciated and we do hope to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. Kind

Regards,

Cryptopia Support Team

punongkahoy: 2/9/2018 12:59:40 AM

So they didn't solve any problem after waiting 1 month.    This is pitiful.  You should be their #1 priority.

At least it's not for $5000 like me.  I have more than half a bitcoin worth of coins stuck.  I shouldn't trade here after I get my coins back.

Posted: 2/9/2018 2:49:39 AM
punongkahoy
Threads: 0, Posts: 16

So they didn't solve any problem after waiting 1 month.    This is pitiful.  You should be their #1 priority.

At least it's not for $5000 like me.  I have more than half a bitcoin worth of coins stuck.  I shouldn't trade here after I get my coins back.

marvel212: 2/9/2018 2:49:39 AM

Still no action up to now Feb 9. Over 1 month of waiting. I guess I'll have to wait another month for the investigating team to process my Missing Deposit.

Posted: 2/9/2018 4:22:53 AM