FAQ - Avoid deposit or withdrawal problems

xtraelv
Threads: 18, Posts: 590

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo check before deposit or withdrawal

Always check if a coin is in maintenance before depositing. The status will often indicate the issue. Withdrawals are disabled from coins in maintenance. You will also not be able to generate a wallet address while the coin is in maintenance.

Check that the current block height matches the wallet block height. It could indicate that the wallet is behind (your deposit will take longer to arrive) or wallet could be stuck.

Check the coin rating, how many block confirmations are required and the number of nodes. Less than 5 nodes indicates a small network and usually is a good indication that the coin network is not particularly stable. Click on the connections to see how many nodes are connected. Sometimes it indicates one or two when it is only intermittently connecting or not at all. 

If a coin has zero nodes connected the wallet won't be able to update. Your coins cannot be sent or received by the wallet. It may show on your wallet address but won't be in the wallet until the node connection is re-established and the wallet is re-synced. In extreme cases this can take anything from a few days to months. In case of a dead coin network it will never happen.

Coin ratings are indicative only. It is based on listed technical features and data provided in the whitepaper. It does not indicate whether they are a good investment or not.

Windows Wallet: Yes
Linux Wallet: Yes
Mac Wallet: Yes
Mobile Wallet: Yes
Web/Paper Wallet: No
Premine: 0%
Block Explorer: Yes
Cryptopia Forum: No
Total: 700/1000

The way it works is when you send crypto it gets transmitted to the blockchain and the funds get allocated to a wallet address. - however - the actual wallet on an exchange is a combination of hardware and software. It connects to the blockchain via nodes supplied by the blockchain. It syncs with the blockchain and as it retrieves each block from the blockchain transfers the relevant information to the exchange ledger. Once it is on the exchange ledger it shows up as funds on your account. Showing on the wallet address on the blockchain is NOT the same as the funds being in the wallet. If the transaction is not communicated from the blockchain to the wallet (e.g. no nodes or other connectivity errors) it will NOT be updated in your exchange balance.

Wallet software is supplied by the coin developers - not Cryptopia

Posted: 2/7/2018 8:26:35 AM Edited: 2/7/2018 9:40:57 AM
xtraelv

I met all the conditions, but I was not deposited until the day after.
bonpay homepage real-time chatting also said that their confirmation was a successful transmission.
Txid: 0x16263ad164f85836e000d8e019ffca90539bdd445f50eabb4a68e48f3312cc0a
hot181818: 2/7/2018 8:48:49 AM

Not true. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BON Bonpay wallet is 6000 blocks behind.

Posted: 2/7/2018 9:23:31 AM Edited: 2/7/2018 9:30:47 AM
xtraelv

I am not an expert. So I want to know when my deposit will be.
hot181818: 2/7/2018 9:37:21 AM

The purpose was to educate users - not to critisize you.

Crypto is experimental and not user friendly yet. It is really important to understand how the basics work to avoid problems.

A lot of issues can be reduced and avoided by taking precautions and looking for issues before sending coins.

It did 5 deposits and 6 withdrawals today without any issues - all arrived within 10 minutes. I check every time to avoid issues.

Some problems are unavoidable - but a lot of them can be avoided.

Posted: 2/7/2018 9:47:50 AM Edited: 2/7/2018 9:48:40 AM
xtraelv

Well that still doesn't explain why ETH deposits and withdrawals are not being processed... The node has 13 connections & block is in sync yet forum is being spammed of missing deposits and stuck withdrawals.

xldon2lx: 2/7/2018 11:30:41 AM

You are right - the forums are getting spammed . Some people post 20+ posts about the same issue. With 1.5 million users there are bound to be some issues and unfortunately you are having such issue.

Ethereum poses issues for most exchanges - it has well documened problems. Overloaded Ethereum network, mempool TX rejections, not returning a TX and Nonce gaps are all well documented ETHEREUM problems.

Posted: 2/7/2018 11:36:47 AM
marvel212
Threads: 2, Posts: 62

20 days and 21 hours, my transaction id is still not found on the blockchain cry, no coin appeared on my wallet cry, there are not any responses from my ticket cry

MTamy407: 2/7/2018 4:17:42 PM

Wow that's awful.   You didn't get help from admin? Sent 1000 innova coins to my wallet.  Nothing showed up for 2 days.  Stuck on processing.

I never have problems sending from my regular exchanges like bittrex or korbit here in Korea but cryptopia always have payment stuck or processing. 

Don't get me wrong. Most of the time it runs quite well but these issues are quite familiar.  From few months I've been using it.  I had about 15 stuck payments.  Most of them fixed itself within few hours to couple of days but 20 days and you are not getting the help you need is what bothers me.

Posted: 2/7/2018 6:41:39 PM
truant
Threads: 1, Posts: 16

SUPER MANUAL!  TY!

Posted: 2/7/2018 8:27:04 PM
gopulsa
Threads: 0, Posts: 9

Please help me. I withdraw Coin. Stats cryptopia is completed but im not received my coin I check etherscan and transcations is failed. please help me. My Withdraw #3043204 . 

Please help me sir. I need my money :). Thank you very much.

Posted: 2/8/2018 1:43:31 AM Edited: 2/13/2018 6:46:33 PM
ZeroTolerance
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

21 days and 15 hours, my transaction id is still not found on the blockchain cry, no coin appeared on my wallet cry, there are not any responses from my ticket cry

My coin is ECOB . ECOB BASED ON NEM BLOCKCHAIN, but XEM (NEM) has been put into maintenance in light of the stolen Coincheck funds in accordance with plans that the NEM Foundation are forming. And how about ECOB ? crycry

If the Cryptopia can not withdraw my coin, please return it to my balance cry

MTamy407: 2/8/2018 11:15:14 AM

Forget it

Posted: 2/8/2018 11:34:19 AM
ZeroTolerance

Is anybody knows, why block height for Geth/v1.7.2 doesn`t grow up?

Posted: 2/8/2018 11:36:20 AM
xtraelv

Well that still doesn't explain why ETH deposits and withdrawals are not being processed... The node has 13 connections & block is in sync yet forum is being spammed of missing deposits and stuck withdrawals.

You are right - the forums are getting spammed . Some people post 20+ posts about the same issue. With 1.5 million users there are bound to be some issues and unfortunately you are having such issue.

Ethereum poses issues for most exchanges - it has well documened problems. Overloaded Ethereum network, mempool TX rejections, not returning a TX and Nonce gaps are all well documented ETHEREUM problems.

xtraelv: 2/7/2018 11:36:47 AM

This has nothing to do with the issues you have listed above. People don't receive TxIDs for days, and that's on Cryptopia only.

I haven't heard about anyone experiencing this sort of malfunction on any other exchange and I have never heard people complain about any other exchange as much as they do about Cryptopia.

This is absolutely not normal. Stop fooling people and focus on fixing / explaining the existent and ongoing issues. 

Dandilion: 2/7/2018 11:48:42 AM

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/issues 

736 current issues with ethereum - I challenge you to find a coin that has more issues.

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/issues/14669 

Exact description of a common issue complained about on here.

Google Ethereum issues and EVERY exchange has issues with it.

Posted: 2/8/2018 12:12:35 PM Edited: 2/8/2018 12:36:28 PM
bearface
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Hi

Newb question.

Am I correct in thinking ALL Geth wallets (which I think means all ETH tokens) are three (3) DAYS behind based on block count?

e.g.

MobileGo (MGO)
  None Asset 5040071 OK Active Geth/v1.7.2 - MGO

But https://www.etherchain.org/block/5040071 says that block was three (3) DAYS ago.

Does this mean we have to wait three (3) DAYS for all ETH token deposits and withdrawals to be procesed?

Thanks and sorry I'm sure this is an obvious question!

Posted: 2/8/2018 10:04:44 PM
tradermj

Good day,

I made a mistake to withdraw from my mining pool suprnova.cc to my cryptopia wallet(Zclassic).  These funds are not showing in my wallet at cryptopia now.

Does this mean the funds are lost?

Posted: 2/9/2018 12:15:28 PM
guilhermegarcia
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Eu retirei en a minha carteira no domingo passado ... ainda diz que o processamento e nenhum ID de transação gerado ... ficando muito irritado agora ... enviado no ticket ... nenhuma resposta ainda 😕😕

Andrewr4739: 2/8/2018 7:03:09 PM

IM with the same problem, Do you solve your problem, or not yet ?

Posted: 2/10/2018 10:42:05 AM
MINEURTRADER4C

Hello

I have coins stuck too

I want to understand for my skill :)

if the wallet is Ok

if the node are Ok

why coins are not sent (no transaction) and are in process

if you re in the right blockchain why its not work

When a wallet is not the last version, its a problem to withdraw our deposit ?

When a wallet is in maintenance can we deposit ?

Great thread , i think it can help many users...hope its hope to date

thanks for your answer

Posted: 2/10/2018 9:54:38 PM
Pitek003
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

What is the ETA for ZCL wallet maintenance?

rik84: 2/8/2018 6:45:43 PM

<<<<<THIS>>>>>

charlesgarlando: 2/9/2018 2:17:14 AM

3rd.   This is critical with the upcoming hard fork.  ZCL transactions are processing fine elsewhere.  What is the problem with Cryptopia?

cdrummo1: 2/11/2018 6:02:02 PM

They just don't send coins. Blockchains have no orders ! Tell us whats mean " processing"... thats mean u don't have our coins to send it back to wallet or what ?!

Posted: 2/11/2018 6:09:15 PM
Pitek003

after 60 hours waiting i have my coins on wallet :)

Posted: 2/11/2018 9:37:54 PM
FinZen

For those who are fed up with Cryptopia's lack of customer care and slower than slow ticket response, below is an alternative that you can consider.

It is very sad that Cryptopia customers have to resort to such extremes, but it seems like Cryptopia is continuously sleepwalking with the issues of poor customer service and borderline negligent behaviour!  If customer complaints are not helping, perhaps authorities knocking on the door will wake this company up!!!

"Cryptopia Limited is currently registered on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR) (see below for an explanation on of the FSPR) and is a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution on Scheme DRS: h p://www.fdr.org.nz. Membership in a DRS provides customers with an avenue for redress when a dispute arises with their financial service provider; this service is free to consumers. The DRS may be able to assist you in this matter, however you must take your complaint to the company in question first. 

The Financial Service Providers (Registration on and Disputes Resolution) Act 2008 requires a company that is carrying on the business of providing financial services in or from New Zealand to be registered and the company name to be listed on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR) which can be found at  www.fspr.govt.nz. Entities are only able to be registered on the FSPR if they are actually providing financial services from a place of business in NZ.

The FSPR was set up to allow the public to check if FSPs are registered, their business address, the types of financial services FSPs are registered to provide and whether they belong to a dispute resolution on scheme [DRS]. However being registered does not involve any licensing or determination on by an authority that a FSP is a fit and proper person and is no guarantee that a company is currently operating in NZ."

-- Above information is a reply from New Zeland FMA  --

Posted: 2/12/2018 11:05:02 AM Edited: 2/12/2018 11:05:44 AM
xtraelv

For those who are fed up with Cryptopia's lack of customer care and slower than slow ticket response, below is an alternative that you can consider.

It is very sad that Cryptopia customers have to resort to such extremes, but it seems like Cryptopia is continuously sleepwalking with the issues of poor customer service and borderline negligent behaviour!  If customer complaints are not helping, perhaps authorities knocking on the door will wake this company up!!!

FinZen: 2/12/2018 11:05:02 AM

Yes - a successful complaint is likely to result in bulk delisting of problem coins. That would certainly solve a lot of problems.

Posted: 2/12/2018 12:52:08 PM Edited: 2/12/2018 12:58:47 PM
Taels256

after 60 hours waiting i have my coins on wallet :)

Pitek003: 2/11/2018 9:37:54 PM

Best thing I read today. Was it stuck at "processing" before that?

Posted: 2/12/2018 2:35:08 PM
xtraelv

Deposit & Withdrawal Updates 16th February

We are aware of issues with long processing times on deposits and withdrawals. This doesn't affect withdrawals of ETH, ETN, BTC, LTC or DOGE. We apologise for these and have been working hard on a resolution. As of early next week we expect deposit times to be back within normal ranges, while withdrawals may take longer to restore to normal operation. In the interim, please be aware that processing times on deposits or withdrawals may exceed 30 hours, although in most cases are likely to be less than this. Please don't submit support tickets relating to processing delays as we are unable to expedite these manually - our focus is on quickly resolving the issue for everyone. Thank you for your continued support and understanding The Cryptopia Team.

Published by: froufrou @ 2/16/2018 5:46:29 AM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News 

Posted: 2/16/2018 8:50:08 AM
antropogen
Threads: 0, Posts: 38

xtraelv: 2/7/2018 11:36:47 AM

This has nothing to do with the issues you have listed above. People don't receive TxIDs for days, and that's on Cryptopia only.

I haven't heard about anyone experiencing this sort of malfunction on any other exchange and I have never heard people complain about any other exchange as much as they do about Cryptopia.

This is absolutely not normal. Stop fooling people and focus on fixing / explaining the existent and ongoing issues. 

Dandilion: 2/7/2018 11:48:42 AM

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/issues 

736 current issues with ethereum - I challenge you to find a coin that has more issues.

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/issues/14669 

Exact description of a common issue complained about on here.

Google Ethereum issues and EVERY exchange has issues with it.

xtraelv: 2/8/2018 12:12:35 PM

why are there no warnings about long tx time? i've been waiting for Oyster (PRL)

2 DAYS

there are many topics on forum about

you stuck our coins for support nodes, trading or stealing fork coins!!!

!!!   EXPLAIN YOURSELF PLEASE   !!!

Posted: 2/17/2018 1:39:15 AM
untilted
Threads: 0, Posts: 33

"Why are there no warnings?"

probably because they're too busy fixing the actual problem to take the time to change the site to tell you something they already posted in the forum.. the scale of an operation like cryptopia means it's not just a case of FTPing into a web server and hacking a bit of HTML onto a page - it takes days to get through the administrative process of changing a live site, to make sure even a tiny edit doesn't shaft everything..

"theyre a scam/stealing our coins/stick things deliberately/insert other conspiracy theory here"

yeah yeah, they've been around for years, they're registered as a service provider with regulators, you can find out the names and addresses of key people in the public record, and a very small percentage of their user base have a complaint yet every single minor issue they hit with dog shit coin X produces some tin hat wacko pitchforking about how he's going to firebomb the place if he doesn't get his 20 dollars back.. bitfinex employee paid to spread a bit of FUD or genuine complaint? Who knows..

Posted: 2/17/2018 7:39:40 AM
PeteDeKiwi
Threads: 0, Posts: 6

probably because they're too busy fixing the actual problem to take the time to change the site to tell you something they already posted in the forum.. the scale of an operation like cryptopia means it's not just a case of FTPing into a web server and hacking a bit of HTML onto a page - it takes days to get through the administrative process of changing a live site, to make sure even a tiny edit doesn't shaft everything..

"theyre a scam/stealing our coins/stick things deliberately/insert other conspiracy theory here"

yeah yeah, they've been around for years, they're registered as a service provider with regulators, you can find out the names and addresses of key people in the public record, and a very small percentage of their user base have a complaint yet every single minor issue they hit with dog shit coin X produces some tin hat wacko pitchforking about how he's going to firebomb the place if he doesn't get his 20 dollars back.. bitfinex employee paid to spread a bit of FUD or genuine complaint? Who knows..

untilted: 2/17/2018 7:39:40 AM

Wot he said!

Posted: 2/17/2018 7:45:44 AM
antwan99
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

hello

i did deposit

februrary 11

russiancoin

it has  not been  aprovved until today

Posted: 2/17/2018 10:25:50 AM
antropogen
Threads: 0, Posts: 38

untilted: 2/17/2018 7:39:40 AM

guy, we have many problems 

1. It seems you are not admin, and they disappeared anywhere, it looks very very SCAMMY.

2. There are simply not txids in our txs, and many wallets are frozen , it also seems very very SCAMMY.

3. There are many comlplaints, somebody is going to sue to Disputes Tribunal , or take them in NZ prison, somebody is going to take out all problems to media like coindesk etc. It also seems very SCAMMY.

all it seems cryptopia has serious problems , and don't care about it , very very bad...

Posted: 2/17/2018 4:23:40 PM