Chrome keeps asking to save PIN, doing so overwrites password

kryptodale
Threads: 1, Posts: 1

Doesn't matter whether it's on desktop or mobile web site, when I submit in my PIN, Chrome again pops up the prompt to save or update the password... it's annoying, an extra click each time (since there's no "never" option for some reason), and I've accidentally clicked to overwrite it before.

Other exchange login password/PIN forms don't have this issue... something about the way Cryptopia is handling the PIN field is confusing Chrome... is it because the field is set as a "password" in the HTML?

This really should be fixed unless there's some workaround I don't know about; I may check Cryptopia multiple times per day, and it gets more annoying each time.

Posted: 1/30/2018 6:13:53 AM
nick_martin
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Every damn time. Totally needs fixing.

Posted: 1/30/2018 6:17:44 AM
Dr_Shade
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

While I don't believe it is a good idea for you to have Google save ANY of your passwords ( let alone for an exchange/financial/investment service), you know, privacy and security and whatnot... 

I do believe there is a setting in chrome itself to stop it asking this question on a site by site basis ( a "blacklist" as such).  This shouldn't stop any passwords saved from being automatically entered, it will just stop it from continually asking you about saving/updating passwords on the individual sites you place on that list...

Might be worth having a look for, however I'll have a look when I'm home ( and off mobile) and update on the specifics of how... Unless someone beats me to it... 

Posted: 2/2/2018 1:48:45 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 18, Posts: 590

Doesn't matter whether it's on desktop or mobile web site, when I submit in my PIN, Chrome again pops up the prompt to save or update the password... it's annoying, an extra click each time (since there's no "never" option for some reason), and I've accidentally clicked to overwrite it before.

Other exchange login password/PIN forms don't have this issue... something about the way Cryptopia is handling the PIN field is confusing Chrome... is it because the field is set as a "password" in the HTML?

This really should be fixed unless there's some workaround I don't know about; I may check Cryptopia multiple times per day, and it gets more annoying each time.

kryptodale: 1/30/2018 6:13:53 AM

When you save your password in Chrome it is syncronised on your google account and available on all your devices where you are logged in on google.

Not particularly secure.

Posted: 2/2/2018 2:25:42 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 18, Posts: 590

Posted: 2/2/2018 2:27:05 AM
DaBritishRCuming
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Even if you use google authenticator, Chrome still prompts to save the temporary code as your password on every entry.  It is quite annoying and should be addressed.

Posted: 2/4/2018 3:54:25 AM