Chat Moderators (Green Shields)

Hex
Threads: 198, Posts: 403

Chat Moderators (Green Shields)

Here is a basic outline of what is expected of Chat Moderators, please ensure that if you are in the Trollbox that you also be online in the Cryptopia Slack.
Make sure you read and understand the Trollbox rules and follow them yourselves.

Description:
Chat Moderators are able to moderate the Trollbox and update Coininfo pages.

Responsibilities:
Moderating the Trollbox.
Ensuring all users are following the Trollbox rules.
Able to warn users for breaking Trollbox rules.
Ban users that repeatedly break the Trollbox rules.
Delete chat messages that breach the Trollbox rules.
Report any suspicious activity to Hex, sa_ddam213, CoinUser, MrFloppy or fairlady.

Banning with warning
You should always try to give the user a warning before you take any sort of action, unless they are a repeat offender.
Make sure you state the rule/s they have broken and post a link to the Trollbox rules in the ban message.

Banning without warning
You can ban a user without warning for the following reasons:
Excessive and or deliberate link flooding in Trollbox.
A user that repeatedly breaks the same rules.

Expectations:
It is your duty as a Chat Moderator to uphold the Trollbox rules, be helpful and respectful to those in chat and set an example.
Answer questions where you can when they are asked and direct users to raise Support Tickets appropriately.
Chat Moderators are not above the rules and can also be banned.
In the event that a Chat Moderator is pay banned they must sit out the full duration of the ban and may not unban themselves.
Chat Moderators must not use the Chat Moderator ban hammer for personal reasons, any joke bans or personal bans must use the payban hammer like every other user.
Chat Moderators may not ban other Chat Moderators.
If a Moderator(Orange Shield), or an Administrator (Red Shield) bans a Chat Moderator they must sit out the full duration of the ban and may not unban themselves.

The first Chat Moderator to respond to a users question or problem, should be the only Chat Moderator to handle the situation unless they have asked another Chat Moderator to step in or help. This is to avoid miscommunication between users and different Chat Moderators.

Any issues involving Chat Moderation should be resolved in a Support Ticket.

Chat Moderation is essentially a volunteer job, those that fail to remain active or abuse their position will be stripped of the role.

Do not ask us to be a Chat Moderator.

Posted: 7/1/2016 4:05:32 PM Edited: 6/27/2017 12:02:11 AM
Hex

You don't like the trollbox rules, you are no longer in the trollbox. Problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

Posted: 6/10/2017 7:49:06 PM
diaa1200
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Good Job

Posted: 7/1/2017 2:18:56 PM
emmanux
Threads: 0, Posts: 9

Make sure you state the rule/s they have broken and post a link to the Trollbox rules in the ban message.

Expectations:
It is your duty as a Chat Moderator to uphold the Trollbox rules, be helpful and respectful to those in chat and set an example.
Chat Moderators are not above the rules and can also be banned.
Chat Moderators must not use the Chat Moderator ban hammer for personal reasons, any joke bans or personal bans must use the payban hammer like every other user.

Any issues involving Chat Moderation should be resolved in a Support Ticket.

Chat Moderation is essentially a volunteer job, those that fail to remain active or abuse their position will be stripped of the role.

WELL, this guy is not aware of all of this: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/303?postId=9225

Posted: 7/5/2017 3:20:19 PM Edited: 7/6/2017 11:26:32 PM
emmanux

Based on this post ("any issues involving Chat Moderation should be resolved in a Support Ticket"), I opened a ticket:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Support/SupportTicket?ticketId=18610

Then I got the following response from "fairlady":

Sender: fairlady7/5/2017 6:09:33 PM

Hi emmanux, If you have been banned it is because a Chat Moderator has banned you breaking the Trollbox rules.

Please take the time to read the rules and follow them : https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/303

Please check out rule #2 Logging a Support Ticket about getting Banned or PayBanned will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban

Please be patient and sit your ban out to avoid any further bans.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

I will close this ticket.

Thanks

fairlady

The Cryptopia Team

Is it just me, or moderators are actually above the rules?

Posted: 7/5/2017 6:20:41 PM
emmanux

Yeah, this is what I was talking about.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooookay... 

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Support/SupportTicket?ticketId=18624

Posted: 7/5/2017 7:56:25 PM
SeriousFace
Threads: 2, Posts: 12

Yeah, this is what I was talking about.

emmanux: 7/5/2017 7:56:25 PM

The next time you get pulled over by a police man for speeding, make sure to take the same attitude with them regarding why everyone else was speeding and only you got pulled over and you'll see it has basically the same ending as all your forum spam and support tickets did. Did your parents not have the 'yes sometimes life is unfair' talk with you at puberty or is that still a few years down the road?

Posted: 7/6/2017 1:45:04 AM
emmanux

emmanux: 7/5/2017 7:56:25 PM

The next time you get pulled over by a police man for speeding, make sure to take the same attitude with them regarding why everyone else was speeding and only you got pulled over and you'll see it has basically the same ending as all your forum spam and support tickets did. Did your parents not have the 'yes sometimes life is unfair' talk with you at puberty or is that still a few years down the road?

SeriousFace: 7/6/2017 1:45:04 AM

Oh, my God, you're the best moralist on this forum, congratulations

So, thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested in your moral leasons. I'm interested in knowing if Moderators are allowed to be assholes and bullies above the rules or not; in other words, if Hex is lying or not. That's all I want to know. 

Rules are rules, and if they're not respected by the moderators themseleves, then we're in serious troubles, as it greatly affects the company's image. 

Posted: 7/6/2017 5:09:16 PM Edited: 7/6/2017 5:22:46 PM
Hex

Maybe the moderators are above the rules in your bizarre interpretation of them.

Posted: 7/6/2017 8:05:28 PM
emmanux

Thanks for your response, Hex.

My interpretation is very clear. 

This guy broke the rules:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/303?postId=9225

What rules?

1 - "Make sure you state the rule/s they have broken."

2 - "It is your duty as a Chat Moderator to uphold the Trollbox rules, be helpful and respectful to those in chat and set an example."

3 - "Chat Moderators must not use the Chat Moderator ban hammer for personal reasons, any joke bans or personal bans must use the payban hammer like every other user."

For each rule, a violation.

1, he didn't do that (it's not a "bizarre" interpretation, read what he wrote).

2, he wasn't respectful, for God's sake, anyone can see that (it's not a "bizarre" interpretation, read what he wrote).

3, he used the banning as a shield for his weak ego, right after I criticized his horrendous grammar. Personal banning should be paid. He's basically stealing company's money by using it for personal purposes ( and again, it's not a "bizarre" interpretation, read what he wrote).

But most funny, is that when moderators break the rules, what is the user supposed to do? Open a support ticket, that's what I understand, that's what I've been said. Is that right? 

Well, when anybody opens a ticket about an abusive moderator, the ticket is automatically closed because the rules also state that "Logging a Support Ticket about getting Banned or PayBanned will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban". Isn't that a whopping inconsistency in the rules applied to moderators and normal users? 

The question about that obvious inconsistency remains unanswered, Hex.

P.S.: 

I forgot to tell you who told me to open a ticket:

Posted: 7/6/2017 11:11:51 PM Edited: 7/7/2017 12:44:37 AM
a50525
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Hi evreyone :) i was bannned from tollbox ... maybe for my comment up up and away ...(superman reference)

i am sorry can i be permited to chat again? Thanks in advance

Posted: 7/13/2017 9:23:20 PM