I lost all my coins from my wallet

aileen_quintana
Threads: 1, Posts: 5

All my balance has been stolen from my cryptopia account this morning. I'am pretty sure thay I connect to cryptopia from secure enviroments (home and office only). There is no change that the information to do this came from my computer.

What can I do. All the coin were transfer to two unknown user:

• jkvadas
  • Airjoedunn

Is there something I ca  do?

I just create a ticket to cryptopia support, however I know they have a repituation of been slow reviewing and responding to tickets.

Any one with the same problem?

Does anyone knows, or have reported, these users before?

Posted: 1/25/2018 3:28:42 PM Edited: 1/25/2018 3:30:42 PM
amvedder
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

hi,

i have the same, can you keep me informed of what is happening 

Posted: 1/25/2018 10:31:25 PM
Lablack
Threads: 2, Posts: 22

I have been waiting 9 days for an answer about my missing coins. I dont think cryptopia are stealing anything. They are just incompetant. I hope it works out for you all. good luck but it may take some time to get sorted.

Posted: 1/26/2018 12:15:14 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 18, Posts: 590

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/5153 In all the cases I've seen on the forums so far people have got phished or had compromised email accounts.

This is where you enter your details on a fake site that looks like Cryptopia.

Use a fake app from google play (Cryptopia has no APP)

Email has been compromised 

Or have used the same email and password on other sites that were compromised.

Never use the same password on any other site.

Make sure you have google authenticator 2FA enabled for everything or purchase a Cryptopia device for 2FA

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ You can check here if your email address has been compromised by a previous hack.

I feel sorry for anyone who has lost funds.

I don't work for Cryptopia (I'm a volunteer Moderator)

If you your account has been phished you can PM me and I will try to help you

find out exactly how it occurred. 

Posted: 1/26/2018 12:46:41 AM Edited: 1/26/2018 12:49:11 AM
aileen_quintana
Threads: 1, Posts: 5

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/5153 In all the cases I've seen on the forums so far people have got phished or had compromised email accounts.

This is where you enter your details on a fake site that looks like Cryptopia.

Use a fake app from google play (Cryptopia has no APP)

Email has been compromised 

Or have used the same email and password on other sites that were compromised.

Never use the same password on any other site.

Make sure you have google authenticator 2FA enabled for everything or purchase a Cryptopia device for 2FA

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ You can check here if your email address has been compromised by a previous hack.

I feel sorry for anyone who has lost funds.

I don't work for Cryptopia (I'm a volunteer Moderator)

If you your account has been phished you can PM me and I will try to help you

find out exactly how it occurred. 

xtraelv: 1/26/2018 12:46:41 AM

I really lost all my funds. I doubt that this was through phished.

I do recognize that I was using PIN 2FA. I didn't know until yesterday that Cryptopia has support for Google Authenticator.  

The service of Cryptopia is very shameful. That the option offered by default is PIN authentication if they know they have had problems with this, that it does not suggest that there is a better option, and that the user interface for security settings is so poor (e.g. the options in the comboboxes are hidden and do not expand) is unforgivable.

I am not convinced that they managed to access my account through information generated from my devices, or that the use of Google Authenticator actually stopped the theft.

Since this happened, I have been investigating and this problem has been presented to different users for months and looks like Cryptopia is not doing anything about it. This is a crime and as such should do everything possible to identify users who are carrying out these actions and notify the authorities.

I would like to recover my coins, but at least I would expect to see that Cryptopia respond to the reports and take actions in a timely manner on these accounts. It is very possible that they can stop and recover part of the funds of some users if they take their responsibility seriously.

Posted: 1/26/2018 12:10:06 PM Edited: 1/26/2018 12:11:14 PM
afess408
Threads: 0, Posts: 6

Were any of you guys using this app called "Crypto Pulse"?? I think lots of these thrid party apps are the problem, that take our private info and steal our coins!

Posted: 1/31/2018 8:38:52 PM Edited: 1/31/2018 9:03:16 PM
afess408

I have also "lost" all but two coins who do contact or how do I go about getting a refund?

BennieCrous: 1/30/2018 10:34:46 PM

I filled out a ticket explaining the issue, I dont know what else to do.

Posted: 1/31/2018 8:39:44 PM
yseveryns
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Were any of you guys using this app called "Crypto Pulse"?? I think lots of these thrid party apps are the problem, that take our private info and steal our coins!

afess408: 1/31/2018 8:38:52 PM

Yes I was
And everything is gone :(

Posted: 2/1/2018 1:54:19 AM
LornartheBreton

It happened to me for using an app called CryptoPulse. My funds were transferred to some Cedrik85

Posted: 2/1/2018 3:11:04 AM Edited: 2/1/2018 3:11:25 AM
theman
Threads: 8, Posts: 39

i will refer you to a chargeback admin at  ********@gmail.com and your wallet will be surely recovered.

robinsonrecovery: 1/28/2018 3:25:51 PM

that is 1 example how these people get their accounts cleaned out. (its a scam dont email him)

\

Posted: 2/1/2018 4:35:18 AM Edited: 2/1/2018 8:29:11 AM
BennieCrous

Yes I was but there is no trace of my missing coins , no withdraw or transfer history.i also opened 2 service tickets!

Posted: 2/1/2018 8:48:41 AM
BennieCrous

My trade history was empty this morning now I can see that some dude called car552883 took my money 

Posted: 2/1/2018 9:04:10 AM
afess408

So now we know it was these thrid parties app, can we still get our coins or money back?

Posted: 2/2/2018 12:25:43 AM
afess408

Yes I was but there is no trace of my missing coins , no withdraw or transfer history.i also opened 2 service tickets!

BennieCrous: 2/1/2018 8:48:41 AM

intresting..

Posted: 2/2/2018 12:28:00 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 18, Posts: 590
Stinkybg

I lost my balance too. This cryptopulse app

Posted: 2/2/2018 2:31:45 PM
narendramk

All my ETN  balance has been stolen from my cryptopia account this morning. 

What can I do. All the coin were transfer to  unknown user:

• namoruno

Is there something I ca  do?

I just create a ticket to cryptopia support

Posted: 2/4/2018 5:44:10 PM
bitpro2011
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

somebody else sold all my coins xvg, xem, flash, irish coin, dodge coins on 1/30, 1/31 & stole the BTC to other unknown address. 

Posted: 2/4/2018 5:56:47 PM
Vyncen
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

I lost my coin too due to a unauthorised activiaty had happen in my account which sold my etn coin to BTC and withdrawal to a UNKNOWN BTC WALLET . May i know this kind of situation do cryptopia will help us to recovery or tracking the hacker?

Posted: 2/7/2018 12:31:08 AM
willesv
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Same here. Was also using cryptopulse. Certainly credentials were not phished or through this app. Was using 2fa from cryptopulse.

All coins transferred on 2/2 to account gatoroutdaswamp without my approval. Opened support ticket but I guess they're lost.

Posted: 2/7/2018 9:45:12 PM