Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

Crowdfunding Cryptopia Shares Special Take Two

Hex
Threads: 198, Posts: 403

So, since the previous attempt over at Crowdfunding Cryptopia Shares Special was so successfull, we thought we'd give this another try, but a little bit different this time.

Here is what we would like to propose, currently sa_ddam213 works full time at another job as a developer and works on Cryptopia in his spare time, he reckons if he could work full time on Cryptopia for 2 months, he could achieve the following things:

Pools

• Merge Mining
  • Multipools
  • Improved payout system

Marketplace

• API support
  • Improved and extended functionality

Exchange

• Stop loss orders
  • Autosell

Forums

Lotto

• Fix identified bug.

Support

General/Sitewide

• Improvements to UI and design

2 months of sa_ddam213's wages is about $12,000 NZD, at current market rates according to this listing on localbitcoins, that is about 19 bitcoin. Bitcoin sent to this address: 1MQtBSM1hWRxkEtLUZkoZmxdUaTvz7j1up will not be moved until 19 BTC is reached, once the target is hit sa_ddam213 will take 2 months unpaid leave from his regular job and work on Cryptopia fulltime to achieve the things listed above.

For every 0.1 BTC donated by an individual user we will give that user 1 Cryptopia Share and special black chat icon.

A donation of 1 BTC will receive an extra 2 shares free and a blue chat icon

A donation of 2.5 BTC will receive an extra 5 shares free and a green chat icon

A donation of 5 BTC will receive an extra 15 shares free and an orange chat icon

A donation of 10 BTC will receive an extra 40 shares free and a red chat icon.

IF YOU WISH TO DONATE BTC IN EXCHANGE FOR SHARES DO NOT SEND THE BTC TO THE ADDRESS YOURSELF, TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer, this will be to track and validate which donations are paid for shares.

If you are already a shareholder TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer.

If you are not an existing shareholder you must first ensure you have read and understood the following thread in its entirity: Cryptopia Shares

Once you have read the thread, you must PM the required details to Hex, once everything looks in order you will be asked to TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer.

Thank you in advance to everyone that chooses to donate any amount, Cryptopia is developed in our spare time with your support we can show you what we can do with our full time and attention.

If there are things you would like to see achieved in that time period other than the things above, please discuss below.

Posted: 4/21/2016 3:54:27 AM Edited: 4/23/2016 3:05:16 AM
privateacc75
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Count me in!

Posted: 4/21/2016 4:05:42 AM
Hex

If you donated to the old crowdfunding campaign, specifically enough to trigger any of the above rewards, IE 1BTC or more, PM me and I'll retroactively give you the free shares.

Future donations and rewards are not cumulative, if you want 12 shares, then send one transfer of 1 BTC, not 10 transfers of 0.1

Posted: 4/21/2016 5:04:40 AM Edited: 4/21/2016 5:05:08 AM
Brinkcoin
Threads: 13, Posts: 40

What do the icons look like? "The computer for 1st crowdfunding number one" 

Posted: 4/22/2016 12:26:00 AM
Hex

The laptop icon was given to people who participated in the old crowdfund, fairlady is sporting the icon for the new crowdfund, I can't post it in the forums but it essentially looks like this: < >

Posted: 4/22/2016 2:01:05 AM
barrystyle
Threads: 1, Posts: 9

So, since the previous attempt over at Crowdfunding Cryptopia Shares Special was so successfull, we thought we'd give this another try, but a little bit different this time.

Here is what we would like to propose, currently sa_ddam213 works full time at another job as a developer and works on Cryptopia in his spare time, he reckons if he could work full time on Cryptopia for 2 months, he could achieve the following things:

Pools

• Merge Mining
  • Multipools
  • Improved payout system

Marketplace

• API support

Exchange

• Stop loss orders
  • Autosell

Forums

Lotto

• Fix identified bug.

Support

General/Sitewide

• Improvements to UI and design

2 months of sa_ddam213's wages is about $12,000 NZD, at current market rates according to this listing on localbitcoins, that is about 19 bitcoin. Bitcoin sent to this address: 1MQtBSM1hWRxkEtLUZkoZmxdUaTvz7j1up will not be moved until 19 BTC is reached, once the target is hit sa_ddam213 will take 2 months unpaid leave from his regular job and work on Cryptopia fulltime to achieve the things listed above.

For every 0.1 BTC donated by an individual user we will give that user 1 Cryptopia Share and special black chat icon.

A donation of 1 BTC will receive an extra 2 shares free and a blue chat icon

A donation of 2.5 BTC will receive an extra 5 shares free and a green chat icon

A donation of 5 BTC will receive an extra 15 shares free and an orange chat icon

A donation of 10 BTC will receive an extra 40 shares free and a red chat icon.

IF YOU WISH TO DONATE BTC IN EXCHANGE FOR SHARES DO NOT SEND THE BTC TO THE ADDRESS YOURSELF, TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer, this will be to track and validate which donations are paid for shares.

If you are already a shareholder TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer.

If you are not an existing shareholder you must first ensure you have read and understood the following thread in its entirity: Cryptopia Shares

Once you have read the thread, you must PM the required details to Hex, once everything looks in order you will be asked to TRANSFER(NOT WITHDRAW) the BTC to the ChatHandle Hex and then PM Hex about the transfer.

Thank you in advance to everyone that chooses to donate any amount, Cryptopia is developed in our spare time with your support we can show you what we can do with our full time and attention.

If there are things you would like to see achieved in that time period other than the things above, please discuss below.

Hex: 4/21/2016 3:54:27 AM

Interesting; i'd written a highest profitability pool specifically targetting Cryptopia here (https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/557), actually asked the dev's if they were ok with it, was more than willing to hand over the keys or at least come to some agreement and didnt hear anything. Odd.

Posted: 4/22/2016 6:29:47 AM Edited: 4/23/2016 3:04:02 AM
Hex

We already have a profitability system, it used to be implemented as evidenced by the profitability column that's always 0s. People complained about its accuracy so we turned it off until the new version could be included in the Pools 2.0 release we've been working on.

Posted: 4/22/2016 12:20:25 PM
Hex

As far as we're concerned it worked fine, but different people seemed to have different expectations of how it should actually work.

Posted: 4/22/2016 4:33:09 PM
sa_ddam213
Threads: 18, Posts: 99

We already have a profitability system, it used to be implemented as evidenced by the profitability column that's always 0s. People complained about its accuracy so we turned it off until the new version could be included in the Pools 2.0 release we've been working on.

Hex: 4/22/2016 12:20:25 PM

So you had a non-working and/or inaccurate profitability system? tongue-out LOL
Does it also do on-the-fly stratum switching and BTC conversion?

I'd be more than happy to share what I have written, including calcs to show what each chain is worth per minute.

barrystyle: 4/22/2016 1:52:15 PM

Ok, I have removed it from the list and people can use yours, thanks I will work on other features instead.

Posted: 4/23/2016 3:03:50 AM Edited: 4/23/2016 3:04:56 AM
cmg777
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

I just had an idea and maybe this could be for "another round of fund raising". My idea is to add a margin trading and lending market that works hand in hand much like Poloniex's exchange. This would create increased volume and profits for the site. As a matter of fact, Poloniex just had a job posting for a mod not to long ago meaning that because of their high volume they could afford to hire a new mod (they also changed/increased their fee structure). The only issue with increasing the volume here would be a need for increased security as Poloniex experiences DDOS attacks quite often.

Another idea besides the site itself is to add more functionality and substance to the DOT cryptocurrency to make it ever more desirable to have.

Posted: 4/23/2016 1:12:43 PM Edited: 4/23/2016 1:14:25 PM
bolivarcoin
Threads: 2, Posts: 34

I have an idea kiss

What if you create a script that via api can take the price and volume of a trade pair, and then the user can buy or sell any coin whitout being registered, similar to shapeshift or safecex https://safecex.com/instant?q=BOLI/BTC

you can create a new website, or here in cryptopia.

a user dnt need to be registered. they only put the wallet were they want to get the coins.
i think its easy to make, just read the price and open orders from the api, then put that info on the ticker price, like, u can buy 1000 bolis for 3000 satos maximun.
then you get a % of the transaction. 

Benefits for craptopia..

More profit for trading, more volume, users can trade without being registered, atract more users, atract more shareholders.

Posted: 4/24/2016 10:00:35 AM
barrystyle
Threads: 1, Posts: 9

I have an idea kiss

What if you create a script that via api can take the price and volume of a trade pair, and then the user can buy or sell any coin whitout being registered, similar to shapeshift or safecex https://safecex.com/instant?q=BOLI/BTC

a user dnt need to be registered. they only put the wallet were they want to get the coins.
i think its easy to make, just read the price and open orders from the api, then put that info on the ticker price, like, u can buy 1000 bolis for 3000 satos maximun.

Benefits for craptopia..

More profit for trading, more volume, users can trade without being registered, atract more users, atract more shareholders.

bolivarcoin: 4/24/2016 10:00:35 AM

You're essentially saying, 'lets turn Cryptopia into a laundering hotspot'.
Registration is a simple safeguard that allows Cryptopia to know their customers, or at least have some trail to identify them after the fact.

Posted: 4/25/2016 3:55:33 AM
bolivarcoin

I have an idea kiss

Benefits for craptopia..

bolivarcoin: 4/24/2016 10:00:35 AM

You're essentially saying, 'lets turn Cryptopia into a laundering hotspot'.
Registration is a simple safeguard that allows Cryptopia to know their customers, or at least have some trail to identify them after the fact.

barrystyle: 4/25/2016 3:55:33 AM

I understand your point, but u are wrong in something, Bitcoin and all the other shitcoins are based in PEER2PEER transactions on a network were no individuals or corporations can control and transactions are anonimous, so if u say that the exchanges needs to control transaction between these shitcoins, so whats the point of crypto, u are basicaly saying that crypto should not exist,

But lets go to the point here and discuss about ideas that can make Cryptopia more great of what it is.

Posted: 4/27/2016 10:36:26 AM
Raylon00
Threads: 1, Posts: 7

Is there a DOT equivelent, or is this just for BTC?

Posted: 5/4/2016 3:02:27 AM
bolivarcoin

What about a translation into russian and chinese?

Posted: 5/7/2016 6:36:00 AM
Hex

What about a translation into russian and chinese?

bolivarcoin: 5/7/2016 6:36:00 AM

You mean translating the site? That's really something we'd have to proffessionally outsource and pay for from a trusted translation service.

Posted: 5/8/2016 11:45:38 AM
Hex

Is there a DOT equivelent, or is this just for BTC?

Raylon00: 5/4/2016 3:02:27 AM

The shares are normally 2,000,000 DOT at their non discounted price. Currently we are accepting BTC for this campaign at a discounted rate.

Posted: 5/8/2016 11:46:14 AM
Hex

Some good news, we've just sold a large portion of shares and secured funding for sa_ddam213 to work on Cryptopia full time. As such we're going to close this crowdfunding campaign, thank you to everyone who contributed we appreciate your support a great deal.

So what next? Well the next month or so will be a transition period for sa_ddam213 from his current job where he will need to hand in his notice etc into to working on Cryptopia full time. Once we've dotted our i's and crossed all our t's the next 2-3 months will be focussed solely finishing everything currently in development, no new projects, no new features, just polish everything we already have. So that means finish the UI upgrades across the site, finish the marketplace, fix the lotto, and finish the forums etc.

Once everything we currently have is polished and finished to our satisfaction we will be able to step back and decide where best to direct development efforts and what new features to start on.

Posted: 5/24/2016 10:51:14 AM
cmg777
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

I just had another idea, why create a treasure hunt/RPG faucet game consisting of ads to keep up with the random rewards system this site is so famous for. Or you could go with my other ideas listed above or your own.

Posted: 5/27/2016 1:39:41 AM