Cryptopia Delisting Policy

Hex
Threads: 198, Posts: 403

Coins may face delisting for the following reasons:

1. Sufficient nodes are not maintained to keep the network synced and moving.
2. A coinswap.
3. Any network issues or bugs that could result in loss of user funds.
4. Statements made by a coin or coin community that could bring the reputation of Cryptoipa into disrepute.

Delisting FAQ

Q: What happens when a coin is delisted?
A: First, if there is a pool it is stopped and the wallet is backed up, then the site wallet is stopped and backed up, then any active tradepairs for that coin are frozen and all open orders are cancelled and balances audited ensuring all orders are refunded. the coin is then disabled and balances are no longer visible on the site.

Q: How will I know when a coin is being delisted?
A: The status of the coin is changed to "delisting" the markets will be closed, as above, and notice will be given. These things happen via the Trades, News and Coin Info pages.

Q:How much notice will I be given notice if a coin is being delisted?
A: When a coin is being delisted, users are given 30 days notice to withdraw their coins. For this reason, please ensure you are checking the news, markets or coin info pages at least once every thirty days.

Q: Does that mean my balance is gone?
A: No, if a network can be synced and a transaction can be confirmed we can still send you your coins, or even relist the coin if an active network is being maintained. If a coin is being delisted there may be network issues outside of our control preventing us from sending you your coins until the issue is resolved.

Q: I have a balance for an old coin that is doing a coin swap, what should I do?
A: Withdraw your coin, all of it, all of your open orders, all of your pending mining deposits, all of it. Once it's off Cryptopia, all of it, send it all to the coin dev for the swap or whatever it is coinswappers do.

Q: I have some new coin that just did a swap with some old coin, what can I do?
A: Wait until it's listed on Cryptopia before you can deposit.

Q: Wait so the new coin has to get relisted?
A: Yep, it's a new coin, it's a new listing.

Q: Can coins that have been delisted be relisted?
A: Yes, provided the issue that was the reason for delisting has been addressed and the network can be synced.

Q: What if I can give you nodes for a coin being delisted due to no connections?
A: No, if we are delisting a coin due to no connections, there would have been plenty of time to send us nodes before delisting. However if you have nodes, let us know so we can attempt to get a connection for users to withdraw their coins.

Q: So you will send me my delisted balance?
A: Yes, provided we can get the network to sync and the transaction confirms on the network without endagering the funds of other users your coins will be sent to you.

Q: How would you sending me my coins endager the funds of other users?
A: Well for example if a bug in the network that was the cause of the coin being delisted in the first place caused excessively large unpredictable network fees that bled into other accounts we would be unable to send you your coins without losing coins for other users in network fees due to a bug the dev is either unwilling or unable to fix.

Q: Is that a real thing that has happened?
A: Yes.

Posted: 4/17/2016 8:34:43 AM Edited: 6/27/2017 12:01:40 AM
creativ888
Threads: 0, Posts: 6

Hmmm. I don't know if I can post here. Feel free to move this post if needed (but not to the garbage lol).

Anyway my question is a legit question I guess..

Lately you have delisted a few coins "due to extended periods of time with less than 5 connections".

So I decided to check which coins had less than 5 connections in your "CoinInfo" page. Just to see if maybe I should sell them you know.. before they get delisted.

And... there are a LOT of coins with less than 5 connections. Including big ones such as Monero (XMR).

So my question is : how can we know if you are going to delist a coin "due to extended periods of time with less than 5 connections" ?

Since it seems to be quite subjective and arbitrary .

Thanks.

Posted: 8/16/2017 2:12:25 AM
Ahmedsamir
Threads: 0, Posts: 11

you delist already BRO and the wallet of bro and the nodes really have no problem and the site reputation is so good so we do not knows really what is this behind delist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can u clear and do not tell me please wallet issues or nodes problems i do nodes shares for BRO and they all successful so  what...............................................thanks

Posted: 8/25/2017 8:20:10 PM
xtraelv
Threads: 4, Posts: 43

you delist already BRO and the wallet of bro and the nodes really have no problem and the site reputation is so good so we do not knows really what is this behind delist,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can u clear and do not tell me please wallet issues or nodes problems i do nodes shares for BRO and they all successful so  what...............................................thanks

Ahmedsamir: 8/25/2017 8:20:10 PM

BRO is being delisted due to wallet incompatability issues.  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Posted: 9/10/2017 11:31:52 AM
xtraelv

Lately you have delisted a few coins "due to extended periods of time with less than 5 connections".

So I decided to check which coins had less than 5 connections in your "CoinInfo" page. Just to see if maybe I should sell them you know.. before they get delisted.

And... there are a LOT of coins with less than 5 connections. Including big ones such as Monero (XMR).

creativ888: 8/16/2017 2:12:25 AM

The coininfo page is not accurate with the number of nodes. Monero has over 1500 full nodes https://monerohash.com/nodes-distribution.html

Posted: 9/10/2017 11:37:02 AM
V3r2017
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

How do we know that the maintenance mode is lifted from the coin so that we can withdraw the remaining balance? How long will the maintenance last before we can have access to withdraw the balance?

Posted: 9/18/2017 8:43:31 AM
xtraelv

How do we know that the maintenance mode is lifted from the coin so that we can withdraw the remaining balance? How long will the maintenance last before we can have access to withdraw the balance?

V3r2017: 9/18/2017 8:43:31 AM

That depends on what the issue is. Once the issue is resolved - in some cases that would take time - usually 30 days is given. After that it would have to be manually processed.

Posted: 9/18/2017 10:27:12 AM
Dirk1977
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

i have a question

when a coin is delisted will cryptopia keep the wallet and for how long ?

by example months later the original dev comes back and wanna fix the issues and get the blockchain  fully working again .

is there a possibility that the coin be relisted then ?

Posted: 9/24/2017 5:19:17 AM Edited: 9/24/2017 5:20:08 AM
newmz
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

I have what I believe to be an important point about "delisted" coins.

Recently I made a deposit of 640 SIGT to cryptopia's wallet attached to my account, only to be told in a support message that Cryptopia were "no longer processing" SIGT deposits.

This means that basically I just lost my coins.

The point I wish to make is this: although SIGT was supposedly "de-listed" I was still able to access my Cryptopia SIGT wallet and make this deposit. So Cryptopia has my coins or at least the private key to the wallet I deposited to, but since they will not "process the deposit" Cryptopia in effect gets to keep my coins (steal my coins?).

So if Cryptopia de-lists a coin WHY DON'T THEY REMOVE THE FACILITY FOR MAKING DEPOSITS TO THAT COINS WALLET!? Or at least post a warning in the wallet deposit field that the deposit will not be processed?

I don't believe many people read the news postings where de-listings are announced. I only read about the SIGT de-listing after a support message basically said to me - tough luck, we won't process this deposit so you lose the coins. I'm really glad I wasn't depositing a much larger amount. I know 640 SIGT isn't worth much right now but who knows what may happen to this coin in the future. If my some miracle it's price goes up a lot, I think maybe Cryptopia may actually run those wallets from people like me and make a lot of money.

I think Cryptopia has a responsibility to make it MUCH MORE CLEAR when a coin has been de-listed and remove the wallet deposit addresses for those coins as soon as they will no longer process these deposits.

Posted: 10/17/2017 11:46:02 AM