FAQ - How to Change Your Two Factor Authentication

Holtzmann
Threads: 1, Posts: 3

Two factor authentication

For added security we recommend you configure two factor authentication for at least your logins and withdrawals. By default, this is set to the PIN you set when you create your account. You can change your settings for this from the Security page:

To start the reset process, you first need to Remove Two Factor in all the areas you are wanting to change. Then you will be able to change it to any of the options below.

Select from one of the below options and follow the on-screen prompts to configure your 2FA:

• Cryptopia Device
  • Email
  • Google Authentication
  • Pin Number
  • Password
  • Security Questions

For the best security we recommend using the Cryptopia Authenticator, this implements a custom form of 2FA exclusive to Cryptopia, more info and a guide on this here.

Tip: Having difficulty with your two factor? i.e you forgot it, broke or lost your phone etc. You can request that the Cryptopia Support team perform a reset for you: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport. If you are unable to login to your account you will need provide some proof of ownership in the form of recent orders, transaction and/or coin balances and send the details to us using the contact form. This process can take up to a week due to the amount of requests.

Posted: 1/16/2018 10:55:53 PM Edited: 1/21/2018 8:08:05 PM
Sosokasiejo
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

For added security we recommend you configure two factor authentication for at least your logins and withdrawals. By default, this is set to the PIN you set when you create your account. You can change your settings for this from the Security page:

To start the reset process, you first need to Remove Two Factor in all the areas you are wanting to change. Then you will be able to change it to any of the options below.

Select from one of the below options and follow the on-screen prompts to configure your 2FA:

• Cryptopia Device
  • Email
  • Google Authentication
  • Pin Number
  • Password
  • Security Questions

For the best security we recommend using the Cryptopia Authenticator, this implements a custom form of 2FA exclusive to Cryptopia, more info and a guide on this here.

Tip: Having difficulty with your two factor? i.e you forgot it, broke or lost your phone etc. You can request that the Cryptopia Support team perform a reset for you: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport. If you are unable to login to your account you will need provide some proof of ownership in the form of recent orders, transaction and/or coin balances and send the details to us using the contact form. This process can take up to a week due to the amount of requests.

Holtzmann: 1/16/2018 10:55:53 PM

Posted: 1/28/2018 11:33:06 PM
Sosokasiejo
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

I have another account and I setup the Google Authenticator and now I can't get in I have sent request several times it's been about a month now and I've heard nothing back from cryptopia  customer service  account help or anyone from cryptopia except for the emails I get you can't reply back to stating that I'm locked out of my account for trying to use Google Authenticator codes that were invalid too many times I've also tried to have Google reset it but they can't on their end. Is there something else I can do I have a lot of money tied up here and I can't even access it. It says my Google authorization code is invalid I've tried to resync it it says it is already synced two necessary time. In my tickets or emails I've sent in in amounts coins pictures photos of me holding my ID pictures of my ID what else can I do.

Thanks for time hope to here from someone soon

Posted: 1/28/2018 11:37:29 PM
benres101
Threads: 1, Posts: 8

We have the same issue, I have sent what was stated on resetting and removing the 2FA but until now there were no response from the cryptopia support, what is happening with the cryptopia support please respond to our request we have already submitted the necessary validation that verifies that it is our account that we are requesting to remove the 2FA.

Posted: 1/31/2018 10:12:17 AM
chryssy67
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

I'm using Google's Authenticator app for all my sensitive items for added security. Where can I find the QR Code to scan into my authenticator app? it will not take an individual wallet QR code, it wants the overall app's 2-step verification code. 

where can I find Cryptopia's QR code ??? Any ideas? 

thanks,

chryssy67

Posted: 2/9/2018 6:59:53 PM
deependra69

• Cryptopia Device
  • Email
  • Google Authentication
  • Pin Number
  • Password
  • Security Questions

Posted: 2/11/2018 5:51:51 AM
Holtzmann
Threads: 1, Posts: 3

I'm using Google's Authenticator app for all my sensitive items for added security. Where can I find the QR Code to scan into my authenticator app? it will not take an individual wallet QR code, it wants the overall app's 2-step verification code. 

where can I find Cryptopia's QR code ??? Any ideas? 

thanks,

chryssy67

chryssy67: 2/9/2018 6:59:53 PM

Once you remove all of your 2FA currently on your account, you will be able to see all the different options in the drop down menu. When you pick Google Authenticator, it will give you the QR code to scan, and right below it will be the backup code. Make sure you keep this somewhere in case you need to change devices. Theres also a section to test the code once you've scanned the QR code. I recommend using this, to verify that it is set up correctly on your device. Once you have verified and it worked out fine, then confirm it. Theres a check box to add to all areas that are unsecure, so if you have removed all of your 2FA first, you can add Google Authenticator to every area in one go. 

If you have any issues with it, feel free to open a support ticket and your 2FA can be reset. If you can no longer log in because of it, email resets@cryptopia.co.nz 

I hope this helps :) 

Posted: 2/12/2018 8:54:24 PM
JanPavel

I've been waiting for 35 days for reseting my 2fa - still no response.

I cursed the day I switched the 2fa on ;-(

Posted: 2/18/2018 3:31:11 AM
sergionero
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Same here!

Posted support request for resetting 2FA 2 weeks ago - no responce from support!

Support ticket 179505 - please reset 2FA!!! 

Posted: 2/18/2018 8:04:40 AM
Mega_99

Where I can get the hardware token from cryptopia?

• Cryptopia Device
  • Email
  • Google Authentication
  • Pin Number
  • Password
  • Security Questions

Posted: 2/24/2018 2:03:05 AM