My (PBL) Publica has dissapeared

Wallanbob
Threads: 1, Posts: 7

I couldn't figure out how to access transfer PBL to MEW. So I followed the deposit / withdrawal instructions from the beginner’s guide.

This is what I did:

Set up deposit address for PBL.

Then did PBL withdrawal to the Publica address supplied through the deposit process.

Fee charged was 12 PBL but now I don't know how to access them.

So instead of transferring to MEW it appears I have made a transfer to my own PBL address.

I did not received a confirmation email. I did notice that in security settings I did not have the security email box ticked.  When I look in deposits it says complete but no sign of my PBL anywhere. I did a search on Etherscan and the transaction cant be located.

2+ days later and still nothing. No sign of it on Ethernet or any sign of support from Cryptopia. Where is it Cryptopia?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted: 1/11/2018 4:56:35 AM Edited: 1/11/2018 9:24:22 PM
xtraelv
Threads: 20, Posts: 669

I couldn't figure out how to access transfer PBL to MEW. So I followed the deposit / withdrawal instructions from the beginner’s guide.

This is what I did:

Set up deposit address for PBL.

Then did PBL withdrawal to the Publica address supplied through the deposit process.

Fee charged was 12 PBL but now I don't know how to access them.

So instead of transferring to MEW it appears I have made a transfer to my own PBL address.

I did not received a confirmation email. I did notice that in security settings I did not have the security email box ticked.  When I look in deposits it says complete but no sign of my PBL anywhere. I did a search on Etherscan and the transaction cant be located.

2+ days later and still nothing. No sign of it on Ethernet or any sign of support from Cryptopia. Where is it Cryptopia?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Wallanbob: 1/11/2018 4:56:35 AM

As I understand it you withdrew from your Cryptopia account VIA the heavily congested Ethereum network back TO the same Cryptopia account. You have a TXid but didn't post it here.

Your post is somewhat confusing. What is the txid of the transaction ? You realise PBL is a token and will show as an internal transaction on etherscan ?

https://etherscan.io/token/0x55648de19836338549130b1af587f16bea46f66b  is the PBL contract address.

When you have "confirmation email" unticked it indeed will not send a confirmation email and when you tick the "confirmation email" box in the security settings it will start sending confirmation emails.

Cryptopia has a notice saying the average wait is 12 days for support (displayed when you open a support ticket ) - So after  2 days they won't answer. A 12 days average less the 2 days you have already waited means you will probably (it did say average) get an answer in roughly 10 days time.

Support is really struggling because people are not reading the guides, not asking for help from other users and generally doing stupid things that clog up the support system and take time to fix.

Cryptopia staff does not usually read the forum the forum only is read by just users like myself - the only way to get support is through a support ticket. Source: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/3995 

If someone doesn't understand how something works and have read the exisiting guides they may PM me and I will be happy to help them. If it is a common issue I will even use the enquiry to make a guide for others.

Posted: 1/12/2018 7:00:35 AM Edited: 1/12/2018 7:02:33 AM
Wallanbob
Threads: 1, Posts: 7

Hi Xtraelv.

I am a newby as you can probably tell so thank you for your reply I appreciate your offer of assistance.

Yep, I did a dumb thing transferring from my account back to my account. I see it in my industry from newbies often. I read instructions and followed the advice of some muppet on Youtube. My mistake which I should not repeat. 

The TXid is 0x29190b428553e6ca7d76ef0d2357e6a896dbeac4c1bc43e7e963c86a69a6cc8f

On Etherscan it says a bunch of stuff I don’t really understand e.g. block height which is 488975 (8594). To me is sounds as though there are about 40000 whatevers to complete the transaction.

I have since read the guides and understand there is a wait. I suppose that’s a good thing meaning crypto is becoming more and more popular which should hopefully develop the technologies even more.

I was not aware I could/how to PM members directly so thank you for the tip. I suppose the how to is in one of the cryptopia guides.

Anyhow, I was trying to transfer to my MEW wallet. So hopefully if/when I get my PBL back I can repeat the process but exchange my own PBL address for my MEW address.

Thanks again for your reply. WB.

Posted: 1/12/2018 11:09:52 PM