Okay - Help me - okay. cos I'm a bit thick ;) buying coins and altcoins with NZDT limitations....and stuff

LCCreagh
Threads: 3, Posts: 5

Firstly pardon my ignorance.....again

firstly - I have NZDT, my first buy as a bit of a test is for Verge. it was successful. so it sits in my balances.  I bought it with NZDT 

1. question: I do not have a Verge wallet, so this verge sitting in cryptopia, how do I move it to a wallet, I only have Jaxx and Exodus Wallet. or do i just leave it sitting in cryptopia? 

secondly - if I want to buy other coin that does not appear in the list under NZDT, (in the exchange) then do i have  to first buy bitcoin and then exchange into the smaller other alt coins i want to buy? doesnt it cost heaps per exchange? or not after i have bought it if it is paired to an altcoin?

all help and suggestions more than welcome.

Posted: 1/10/2018 6:18:07 AM Edited: 1/10/2018 6:46:49 AM
Grant_Loader
Threads: 1, Posts: 15

Hi fellow kiwi, you can leave in cryptopia or transfer to a wallet, whichever you like, but there will be a withdrawal fee. If you click withdraw next to your coin balance it will show you the fee before you go through with the withdrawal. Yes you will need to buy btc first then trade to the coin you want. Each time you buy you can see the fee before you go ahead. Hope that helps.

Posted: 1/10/2018 7:16:37 AM
marksmade12307
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm three months new but have learned from mistakes that have cost me here and there. Hopefully, I can help you!

I also had the same experience after buying Verge with no where to store it and didn't want to leave it on the exchange. Well after searching I sourced a solution for myself. A paper wallet, which provides the security I was looking for against hacking. I found the wallet for my coins at www.vergecurrency.com. Check it out! Hope it helps.

By the way, in case you aren't aware. Exodus holds many other ERC20 tokens in its wallet. If you import a token for example, TenX which isn't a token listed on the wallet menu in Exodus but still can import TenX or any other ERC20 token. Although, you won't be able to see it and the tokens won't show up as part of the total currency that the wallet is holding but I asure you the tokens are there. To varify that any ERC20 token is in your Exodus wallet go to MyEtherWallet and you then can see all the coins being held in your Exodus wallet.

On your second issue. Yes, convert your NZDT to Btc or Eth then buy the coin(s) that your interested in. The fees associated with buying/selling should be both relatively cheap because your exchanging within the exchange. Although, when you start moving Btc around outside any exchange it's becomes very expensive and is something to be avoided if possible. Why is Btc so expensive? Because, miners have to be paid. Ethereum doesn't have that constraint. I hope this information's helpful! Have a wonderful life.

laughing Christian

Posted: 1/10/2018 7:23:03 AM
LCCreagh
Threads: 3, Posts: 5

Thansk for both of your comments, on cryptopia it seems you can only by btc to buy other coins, not eth?

Posted: 1/10/2018 7:53:19 AM
candlesticks
Threads: 0, Posts: 33

Thansk for both of your comments, on cryptopia it seems you can only by btc to buy other coins, not eth?

LCCreagh: 1/10/2018 7:53:19 AM

That is correct. They did have litecoin and dogecoin markets, but had to close them due to the increased traffic the past couple months.

Posted: 1/10/2018 10:25:26 PM
ShovelReadyJob
Threads: 0, Posts: 98

There is also an electrum XVG wallet where you can store Verge.

I prefer storing ECR20 tokens on MEW than Exodus.(mostly because of Exodus fees)  But Verge is not ECR20.

Posted: 1/10/2018 10:33:16 PM