CRYPTOPIA POLICE CHARGES

zigakvas
Threads: 3, Posts: 67

Dear all,

When i was checking my transaction on Ethereum explorer it showed that it was sent to my address 0xc21112a7f946f58b2a1bc4974829dd7b56f65ac0 and after that it was transfered to 

0x5BaEac0a0417a05733884852aa068B706967e790  without any authorization or showing in deposit history.

Our company has a lawyer in New Zeland and i gave him all my information and explained him my issues. He will thoroughly check everything happening with Cryptopia and take this case to police if necessary.

If you also have deposit isses with Ethereum please write it here and i will hand it over to his law firm. Because we have waited enough and there were no explenations from Cryptopia. We have to react otherwise we will lose our money if we didnt already.

Posted: 1/9/2018 8:56:42 PM
stilkus
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

I Withdrew also ETH 5 hours ago and says on cryptopia that it suceeded yet Transaction ID supplied doesn't exist on the blockchain. I am not sure why.

Posted: 1/9/2018 9:15:29 PM
conwayr17
Threads: 1, Posts: 55

ETH deposit issues are common with Cryptopia. I have been having issues as well. It's not a criminal

matter. When you transfer your funds to the Cryptopia wallet, their is text box where you can enter

a note. If you leave this blank, then Cryptopia's code get's confused because it requires that field to be

greater than spaces. Open a ticket. Post all the info. Support gets back to you within 12 days.

I wrote up a a ticket because my ETH did not show up for a day, and they got my money back.

They are receiving so many support tickets of this nature due to leaving the note text box empty

they are now charging people 10% to recover their ETH funds. If you provide all the required info,

the ETH transaction ledger, the amount, from/to wallets, your name, number, email support usually

gets to it right away. They got my money back the next day.

So whenever sending funds to Cryptopia wallet address, always put something, anything, "ABC"

in the note text box and your funds will not have any issues getting deposted to your wallet.

Posted: 1/9/2018 9:19:12 PM
zigakvas
Threads: 3, Posts: 67

I will pass it to my lawyer anyway to check what is going on. I have been waiting for 6 days and this is enough.

Posted: 1/9/2018 9:27:12 PM
MrFloppy
Threads: 92, Posts: 654

Dear all,

When i was checking my transaction on Ethereum explorer it showed that it was sent to my address 0xc21112a7f946f58b2a1bc4974829dd7b56f65ac0 and after that it was transfered to 

0x5BaEac0a0417a05733884852aa068B706967e790  without any authorization or showing in deposit history.

Our company has a lawyer in New Zeland and i gave him all my information and explained him my issues. He will thoroughly check everything happening with Cryptopia and take this case to police if necessary.

If you also have deposit isses with Ethereum please write it here and i will hand it over to his law firm. Because we have waited enough and there were no explenations from Cryptopia. We have to react otherwise we will lose our money if we didnt already.

zigakvas: 1/9/2018 8:56:42 PM

Deposit addresses exist for the purpose of depositing coins only to fund your account,  they are not your balance, and Cryptopia is not a webwallet, it is an exchange. 
You do not own the coins in your deposit address, the deposit address is owned by Cryptopia and provided to you only so you can fund your Cryptopia account with the coin for use on the site.   

being aware of what a deposit address is now, no one should be suprised to see the coins moving as this is an exchange wallet, coins are moving all the time to fulfill other users withdrawals, its not deducting from your balance because again Cryptopia is not a webwallet. 

Just like when you make a trade, coins do not move to another users deposit address on a blockexplorer, but when they withdraw those coins they will see it being fullfilled with balances from other addresses in the Cryptopia wallet.  This is also the reason why you cannot use an exchange to paticpate in ICO and crowdsale, as the receiving wallet will not see the coins as coming from your deposit address.   Deposit address are for depositing only.

Exchanges may also sweep deposit addresses in advance to consolidate and allow smoother running of the wallet software and processing of withdrawals.

All of this is completely normal behaviour for a wallet and is nothing to be concerned about.   Spend some time actually using a real wallet yourself and you will see that when spending coins, the amounts can come from any address in the wallet by default. 

Posted: 1/10/2018 12:01:10 AM Edited: 1/10/2018 12:05:07 AM
chalmotheyo
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

Your lawyer has a working knowledge of crytpocurrency, Ethereum and the dynamics of exchange wallets? If not he and you will look pretty stupid bringing such a thing to the police who are probably just as clueless unless its a cybercrime department.

Posted: 1/10/2018 3:46:36 AM Edited: 1/10/2018 3:46:49 AM
Crypto_Romeo
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

I tried depositing some XBY coins into my account and still have not received them after 3 days... Hope they are able to fix this

Posted: 1/10/2018 4:12:24 AM
Grant_Loader
Threads: 1, Posts: 15

try to take a deep breath and understand the issues here. 

You do realise that by writing bullshit headlines and hyping up the issues along with submitting multiple tickets and emails you are making it harder and harder for Cryptopia to solve all of our issues. 

If you believe that Cryptopia is an elaborate scheme to steal your millions then your money is already gone, so you have nothing to lose by shutting up and letting them work through their problems.

Posted: 1/10/2018 4:32:33 AM
conwayr17
Threads: 1, Posts: 55

Some advice. When transferring large sums of money, always use LTC. LTC is very fast and secure. Always test the transmission first with say $200, then another $200m then

send 30% of your holdings 3 times. This way you know it will work. Always transer wallet to wallet, same coin. If you do not, your money is gone forever. If you transfer

LTC to a BTC wallet, your money is gone. No recovery, end of story. Always BTC to BTC, LTC to LTC, XMY to XMY.

Posted: 1/10/2018 5:22:21 AM
FletcherSyntax
Threads: 8, Posts: 28

ETH deposit issues are common with Cryptopia. I have been having issues as well. It's not a criminal

matter. When you transfer your funds to the Cryptopia wallet, their is text box where you can enter

a note. If you leave this blank, then Cryptopia's code get's confused because it requires that field to be

greater than spaces. Open a ticket. Post all the info. Support gets back to you within 12 days.

I wrote up a a ticket because my ETH did not show up for a day, and they got my money back.

They are receiving so many support tickets of this nature due to leaving the note text box empty

they are now charging people 10% to recover their ETH funds. If you provide all the required info,

the ETH transaction ledger, the amount, from/to wallets, your name, number, email support usually

gets to it right away. They got my money back the next day.

So whenever sending funds to Cryptopia wallet address, always put something, anything, "ABC"

in the note text box and your funds will not have any issues getting deposted to your wallet.

conwayr17: 1/9/2018 9:19:12 PM

I posted all that info in a support ticket that has gone unanswered for 17 days. 

Posted: 1/14/2018 1:36:01 AM
adam_perry
Threads: 0, Posts: 11

Reply #4 sounds rediculous! We don't own the coins on our Cryptopia Wallet!!? That's Crazy!! What the F Did I Pay For Then!!!? Did I pay for Cryptopia coins so they can just move them where ever they want!!? That's Retarded!! 

Posted: 1/14/2018 1:54:06 AM