FAQ - WARNING SCAMS + FAKE PHISHING SITES + FAKE GOOGLE APPS

xtraelv
Threads: 20, Posts: 673

Scammers are very sly - can you spot the difference between the real https://www.cryptopia.co.nz   and the fake https://www.cryptopía.co.nz 

Click on them and see the difference. 

Cryptopia does NOT have a phone app - advertised apps are scams

Be extremely careful clicking links from search engines - google and bing have scam sites listed.

Cryptopia does NOT have a support phone number - phone numbers are scams

Cryptopia only has one official Twitter account - https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ 

Cryptopia does NOT have 2FA via SMS - this is a scam

All cryptopia emails end with @cryptopia.co.nz - anything else is a scam

Cryptopia does NOT advertise or endorse BOTs - If you use a BOT you may get scammed

Cryptopia staff will NEVER ask for your password or 2FA - if you give it to someone you will get scammed

The ONLY way to resolve a support issue is through a support ticket https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport 

People need to take more security precautions:  

Use google Authenticator or a Cryptopia device.

Use different 2FA types for each security setting. e.g. Cryptopia device for logon, transfer and withdrawal but Google Authenticator for changing your security settings.

Use an email account with 2FA enabled and used the highest security settings that is not used for anything other than Cryptopia.  (gmail or protonmail)

Do not use apps on your phone if you use your phone for Crypto or the crypto email. (Cryptopia does not have any apps that are safe to use) 

Other apps on your phone can compromise the security of your phone.

Do not have Crypto wallets on the computer you use for account access.

Have a firewall, anti virus and anti malware from a reputable provider.

Do not click on links from seach engines or other sites to go to Cryptopia.

Always check the site security certificate.

Do not use bots unless you are 100% certain the bot is safe. Limit bot access to your funds by having multiple accounts. Most advertised bots are scams and will steal your crypto. Only get your bot from a reputable vendor.

Avoid WIFI - public wifi and unsecured WIFI is very unsafe. All WIFI is vulnerable.

Do not log onto Cryptopia with computers you don't own or have full control over.

NEVER EVER give your password or 2FA to someone else.

TROJAN ALERT: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/evrial-trojan-switches-bitcoin-addresses-copied-to-windows-clipboard/ is a trojan virus which changes any cryptocurrency address that is on your clipboard to a different address - ALWAYS take care to ensure the address that has been entered is the one you're intending to send to. 

Using a pin for 2FA is not recommended. It is easy for a hacker to use a keystroke logger on your computer to gain access to your password and pincode.

Some recent coin wallets have had keystroke loggers and viruses built into them. For this reason you should never have coinwallets on the computer you use to access an exchange.

You should also ALWAYS use google authenticator APP or a Cryptopia device for 2FA.

There has also been a site on popular search engines that looks like Cryptopia that has been phishing passwords and pin numbers. 

There are also FAKE Cryptopia APPS on google play. Cryptopia does not have an official app.

Do not use any android apps or apple apps. You will lose your coins.

WARNING ******** fake site cryptopia-login.com ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopià.com ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopia.ws ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopia.cx ******** WARNING

Never click on links to Cryptopia (always type it in your browser)  and always check the security certificate of the site at you are visiting.

Cryptopia has no way of identifying a thief if they use valid logon credentials. It is like when your bank card AND PIN have been stolen - the ATM or bank is not at fault.

If you visit a scam site that looks like Cryptopia you are giving the scammer your email address, password and 2FA

That is not hacking - it is known as phishing. Cryptopia has no way of knowing that a scammer has all your VALID login cerdentials because YOU have accidentally given it to them.

For this reason you should take extreme care in keping your logon credentials safe. For extra security use a unique email address that you only use for Cryptopia. Have 2FA enabled on that email addres as well.

Cryptopia actively blocks accounts from scammers and accounts used for theft. Cryptopia also frequently complains to google and other search engines when a fake website appears.

Report any posts that claim to be from Cryptopia that are not pinned in th forums - all approved notices have a green pin on the forum. Cryptopia does not have a support line or make offers in the trollbox, forums or on discord. All Site Developers, Admins and Moderators can easily be identified in the trollbox by their shields or medals.

WARNING - Scam bot

hello, we are happy to inform you.

We spend ICO our merchant bot bonus 15 $ to the first 100 users.
https://www.bi*****.com/CryptopiaBot.rar

***free bot*** will clean out your Crypto account. 

https://i.imgur.com/F0UsCfZ.png

GOOGLE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND IS SLOW REMOVING FAKE APPS BUT ALSO KEEPS LISTING NEW FAKE APPS. 

Crypto Pulse App has also been phishing users.

BEWARE : Some coin personal wallets contain viruses and keystroke loggers that may steal the information from your computer. This is why every wallet on Cryptopia is code reviewed before a coin is listed.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/ You can check here if your email address has been compromised by a previous hack.

Unfortunately if your account has been phished the scammers remove the funds within a few minutes. (Unless your withdrawal limit prevents them for doing this). All phishing attacks should be reported to the police.

If your account has been phished - change your password and 2FA immediately on your Cryptopia account AND your email address. Google Authenticator and the Cryptopia device are the most secure methods of 2FA.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/metamask/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn  Metamask chrome (also available for firefox) can warn you about phishing sites.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/scammers-spoofing-cryptocurrency-exchange-site-urls-incredibly-hard-to-spot-2018-2?r=US&IR=T 

IMPORTANT: If your email has been hacked or you have been phished please make a support ticket immediately. Make sure you use the key word "stolen" in the support ticket. The system gets scanned for this keyword. You may not get a reply but it allows the compromised accounts team to take quick action and in some cases prevent the funds from being withdrawn. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport 

A great 'one stop shop' for everything you need to ensure your acount has security wise:

https://i.imgur.com/ukaufal.jpg

If you have been a victim of crime it can have an overwhelming effect. There are services available in most countries that will help you deal with the emotional impact. 

http://www.police.govt.nz/faq/what-services-are-available-to-victims-of-crime

https://www.counsellingonline.org.au/how-we-can-help/chat-to-a-counsellor

https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/in-crisis/helplines/

Posted: 1/8/2018 7:10:48 AM Edited: 4/18/2018 3:50:28 AM
xtraelv

It is time to WARN PEOPLE about the real cryptopia!

It is not just BTC LTC ETH and XMR but many other coins!

It also looks like they might be finding time to censor posts like this here in the forums.

I sent over 200SUMOkoin ($2000USD at the time) here several days ago that did not arrive and there is NO answer from tech support.

All over the forums people are complaining about getting ripped off here. People need to be warned!

I am so thankful I did manage to remove my other coin from here and send it to livecoin which appears to be stable and reliable.

Livecoin also has real 2FA authentication and a better trading platform.

cryptostevewinter: 1/8/2018 7:14:25 AM
Sumokoin network has no network connections to the Cryptopia wallet - it has been like this for some time. Did you not check before you sent it ? 
Cryptopia has real 2FA - do you not know how how to set it up so you can use Google authenticator or a Cryptopia device ? You can find the NOOB guide here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1885
You have spammed just about every thread on this message board with the same message. 

https://i.imgur.com/gybC8kc.jpg

Posted: 1/8/2018 7:28:47 AM Edited: 1/8/2018 8:36:54 AM
209lites
Threads: 1, Posts: 66

Esto me suena a una buena preparación de salida del problema. Ahora la culpa ya no es de crup tópica es de los hakers o nuestra.

increible que busquen excusas. Sería mejor que diesen más información y no se refugien en que crecieron muy rápido.

yo no les pido parte de sus beneficios millonarios. De momento cálculo que ami personalmente hoy por hoy estoy dejando de ganar 200$ cada 6 horas por su supuesta por qué al final la culpa será nuestra.

Posted: 1/11/2018 8:46:51 PM
Jojo0987
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

laughing Great post 

Posted: 1/12/2018 4:33:26 AM
Alexey_Fedorov

I very want the management of the Cryptopia exchange to pay attention on this fake sites and apps. I hope you can cancel all recent transfer of coins from my account to Kitten7x. He have thieved my coins tonight via Cryptopia App on Google Play. Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!

Dear Cryptopia Team, Did you blocked account Kitten7x ? Can you return coins on my account?

Posted: 1/12/2018 7:28:03 AM Edited: 1/15/2018 5:58:28 AM
xtraelv

I very want the management of the Cryptopia exchange to pay attention on this fake sites and apps. I hope you can cancel all recent transfer of coins from my account to Kitten7x. He have thieved my coins tonight via Cryptopia App on Google Play. Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!

Alexey_Fedorov: 1/12/2018 7:28:03 AM

Google Play have been told numerous times that the APPS listed there are fake. Google ads have even listed fake Cryptopia, Bittrex and Yobit phishing sites.  Google needs to pay more attention.

Posted: 1/12/2018 8:51:34 AM Edited: 1/12/2018 8:52:04 AM
209lites
Threads: 1, Posts: 66

creo que estais jugando con nuestras monedas?

el caso que me pertenece es Dimecoin. me teneis retenidas las monedas y ahora estan subiendo. cuando me las devolvereis cuando bagen?

no sabeis nada vosotros

Posted: 1/12/2018 3:36:49 PM
xtraelv

creo que estais jugando con nuestras monedas?

el caso que me pertenece es Dimecoin. me teneis retenidas las monedas y ahora estan subiendo. cuando me las devolvereis cuando bagen?

no sabeis nada vosotros

209lites: 1/12/2018 3:36:49 PM

Posted: 1/13/2018 1:07:57 AM
ciconsulting
Threads: 4, Posts: 16

Really?  Beware of Cryptopia too, withdrawals never received and there's no support for it.

Posted: 1/16/2018 2:52:45 PM
xtraelv

Really?  Beware of Cryptopia too, withdrawals never received and there's no support for it.

ciconsulting: 1/16/2018 2:52:45 PM

Posted: 1/17/2018 12:32:50 AM
Kola1201
Threads: 1, Posts: 51

HELP THE TRANSACTION TO WITHDRAW IS NOT CONFIRMED # 2498231 

Posted: 1/18/2018 5:58:34 AM
omer_blkbsi
Threads: 0, Posts: 8

Helpppp!!!!Where are my rdd coin,rbt coin,xvg coin?

#154218 - Helppppppp
Category: General
Opened: 1/18/2018 10:32:30 AM
Last Update: 1/18/2018 10:32:30 AM
Ticket description:
2575598 BTC 1.59446978 0.00100000 Complete
8cdcfeb7636147fb7d378a3915810c82963eaec654e53f25e63d290993d8cf98
1Kcc1yMNkq4npEZ5GiTVdryDFb4WnFi6Bt
18/01/2018 12:45:00 AM

Ticket description:
hackers have gotten coin before mail confirmation?

Posted: 1/18/2018 3:18:47 PM
omer_blkbsi

Please help me.

Posted: 1/18/2018 3:19:43 PM
savvasalonica

Mine too brother !!!!!

Withdraw History

# Currency Amount Fee Status TransactionId Address Timestamp

BTC
0.05413869 0.00100000 Complete
39b3cc5bc4cf7559bb23d26252900b1886e71e4323f65ee0d8f1c8bb937d0530
1Kcc1yMNkq4npEZ5GiTVdryDFb4WnFi6Bt
18/01/2018 3:05:00 PM

Posted: 1/18/2018 5:25:32 PM
Chub20

My account got hacked last night, wondering did any one else get there email authentication disabled? all my coins wiped out and no email for me to confirm the withdrawal! where do I stand with this?

Posted: 1/18/2018 6:54:19 PM Edited: 1/18/2018 6:54:54 PM
Easyfries1

Yes, the same thing happened to me, I think I hit that phising site. I'm not sure how they withdrew the money without access to my email, I never received an email for the withdrawel confirmation.

UPDATE - Nevermind, I see that they updated my security settings to disable withdrawel email confirmation.

Posted: 1/18/2018 7:56:05 PM Edited: 1/18/2018 7:58:38 PM
omer_blkbsi

who will give us?

Posted: 1/18/2018 9:11:06 PM
omer_blkbsi

there can be no such irresponsibility

Posted: 1/18/2018 9:11:32 PM
jperrin

I would highly reccomend everyone to turn on Google 2FA, I just turned it on, and didn't realize that it was an option until today. It really should be the default option.

I would also highly advise Cryptopia to turn off the ability to have a pin as 2FA, and require all users to use Google 2FA. Pin 2FA is a joke, and causes users to be less secure.

Posted: 1/18/2018 9:30:31 PM
ImyIQ
Threads: 1, Posts: 24

BUMP This one. 

I would suggest Cryptopia team to contact Google through any possible communication tool and callout this thread on Front page, Twitter and other socials.

Also, screw "2FA" PIN option, PIN is not 2 Factor in any way. 

Posted: 1/18/2018 9:53:39 PM
xtraelv

BUMP This one. 

I would suggest Cryptopia team to contact Google through any possible communication tool and callout this thread on Front page, Twitter and other socials.

ImyIQ: 1/18/2018 9:53:39 PM

Google has received several notices regarding the Apps. Both from Cryptopia and from another company on behalf of Cryptopia.

They have done nothing about it and have since listed more fake apps.

Phishing sites have been reported to their domain provider.

Pin 2FA is beter than no 2FA. IF you use pin 2FA I recommend using a different pin for every setting - while it would not make it impossible to steal - it would make it more difficult.

Recommended - is the Cryptopia device as most secure.  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia 

Google Authenticator is a close second.

Posted: 1/18/2018 10:25:37 PM Edited: 1/18/2018 10:31:46 PM
xtraelv

My account got hacked last night, wondering did any one else get there email authentication disabled? all my coins wiped out and no email for me to confirm the withdrawal! where do I stand with this?

Chub20: 1/18/2018 6:54:19 PM

If you used the same pin number for everything they could have disabled your email notifications in your security setting.

If you visited a phishing site or used scam apps then you provided the scammers with your email address, password and pin number.

Posted: 1/18/2018 10:31:07 PM Edited: 1/18/2018 10:32:41 PM
ImyIQ
Threads: 1, Posts: 24

BUMP This one. 

ImyIQ: 1/18/2018 9:53:39 PM

Google has received several notices regarding the Apps. Both from Cryptopia and from another company on behalf of Cryptopia.

They have done nothing about it and have since listed more fake apps.

Phishing sites have been reported to their domain provider.

Pin 2FA is beter than no 2FA. IF you use pin 2FA I recommend using a different pin for every setting - while it would not make it impossible to steal - it would make it more difficult.

Recommended - is the Cryptopia device as most secure.  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia 

Google Authenticator is a close second.

xtraelv: 1/18/2018 10:25:37 PM

Don't get me wrong Sir, i do have Google 2FA security activated on my Account. Just saying PIN should not be offered as a 2FA option at all. 

PIN is like a password, it can be phished no matter what. As a Security Officer i know people do not care about their security and unsecured options should not be offered. Especially if we are talking about money.

I also recognized you can disable Withdrawal confirmation e-mails if you know password and PIN - which is ridiculous and not safe at all.  

This issue can be secured by Google 2FA either but this option should be default for access into Security change menu . At this moment scammers dont even need the e-mail access for complete theft if some PIN User get Phished. 

Posted: 1/18/2018 10:55:23 PM
xtraelv

Don't get me wrong Sir, i do have Google 2FA security activated on my Account. Just saying PIN should not be offered as a 2FA option at all. 

PIN is like a password, it can be phished no matter what. As a Security Officer i know people do not care about their security and unsecured options should not be offered. Especially if we are talking about money.

I also recognized you can disable Withdrawal confirmation e-mails if you know password and PIN - which is ridiculous and not safe at all.  

This issue can be secured by Google 2FA either but this option should be default for access into Security change menu . At this moment scammers dont even need the e-mail access for complete theft if some PIN User get Phished. 

ImyIQ: 1/18/2018 10:55:23 PM

I absolutely agree that pin is not secure. However it was introduced after several other crypto related companies (bitmain)  had security breaches that disclosed emails and passwords.

Some users had used the same email and same password on other sites as well as this one. In order to counter it they introduced default 2FA on all accounts. People still tend to disable it.

Posted: 1/19/2018 8:30:23 AM
youcefroyal

Using a pin for 2FA is not recommended. It is easy for a hacker to use a keystroke logger on your computer to gain access to your password and pincode.

Some recent coin wallets have had keystroke loggers and viruses built into them. For this reason you should never have coinwallets on the computer you use to access an exchange.

You should also ALWAYS use google authenticator APP or a Cryptopia device for 2FA.

There has also been a site on popular search engines that looks like Cryptopia that has been phishing passwords and pin numbers. 

There are also FAKE Cryptopia APPS on google play. Cryptopia does not have an official app.

WARNING ******** fake site cryptopia-login.com ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopià.com ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopia.ws ******** WARNING

WARNING ******** fake site  cryptopia.cx ******** WARNING

Never click on links to Cryptopia (always type it in your browser)  and always check the security certificate of the site that you are visiting.

Cryptopia has no way of identifying a thief if they use valid logon credentials. It is like when your bank card AND PIN have been stolen - the ATM or bank is not at fault.

If you visit a scam site that looks like Cryptopia you are giving the scammer your email address, password and 2FA

That is not hacking - it is known as phishing. Cryptopia has no way of knowing that a scammer has all your VALID login cerdentials because YOU have accidentally given it to them.

For this reason you should take extreme care in keping your logon credentials safe. For extra security use a unique email address that you only use for Cryptopia. Have 2FA enabled on that email addres as well.

Cryptopia actively blocks accounts from scammers and accounts used for theft. Cryptopia also frequently complains to google and other search engines when a fake website appears.

Report any posts that claim to be from Cryptopia that are not pinned in th forums - all approved notices have a green pin on the forum. Cryptopia does not have a support line or make offers in the trollbox, forums or on discord. All Site Developers, Admins and Moderators can easily be identified in the trollbox by their shields or medals.

https://i.imgur.com/F0UsCfZ.png

GOOGLE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED AND HAS SO FAR FAILED TO REMOVE THE FAKE APPS. 

BEWARE : Some coin personal wallets contain viruses and keystroke loggers that may steal the information from your computer. This is why every wallet on Cryptopia is code reviewed before a coin is listed.

xtraelv: 1/8/2018 7:10:48 AM

Posted: 1/19/2018 2:06:25 PM