Delete with apologies

cryptostevewinter
Threads: 19, Posts: 74

Delete with apologies 

Posted: 1/7/2018 5:52:53 PM Edited: 1/8/2018 10:40:00 PM
charliet1010
Threads: 1, Posts: 24

Ya this site is a scam, just look how they are manipulating PAC.

Posted: 1/7/2018 6:04:43 PM
Svarog
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

Stop FUD, they're just overloaded

Posted: 1/7/2018 6:11:16 PM
KavinKing
Threads: 0, Posts: 12

Guys, Cryptopia just overloaded, let's have patience.

I am waiting days for my withdraw too.

If you do some math, and put yourself to manage such a lot of issues..need time let's wait

By the 1st of December we hit 500,000 users. On the 31st of December we hit 1,000,000 users. By the 3rd of January we hit 1,100,000 users. By the 4th of January even with registrations disabled for 3 hours, we hit 1,200,000 users. With registrations paused again we're now sitting at 1,400,000 users. We've gone from just 2 people to over 50 people including contractors and consultants and we're looking to at the very least double that as soon as we can, but that also brings with it its own set of hurdles.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Posted: 1/7/2018 6:20:37 PM
Kelelhala
Threads: 1, Posts: 18

I am so thankful I did manage to remove my other coin from here and send it to livecoin

cryptostevewinter: 1/7/2018 5:52:53 PM
What kind of coin is it?

Posted: 1/7/2018 7:19:21 PM
wgaskell
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Sounds like a sales pitch me 

Posted: 1/7/2018 7:56:35 PM Edited: 1/7/2018 7:56:49 PM
Razarr69
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

It's called Load Runner.  IT has been around for 10+ years.  I am sure there are 100's of other tools.  You should have expected your traffic to be 1 mil + simultaneous users from inception and you should have tested against it.  With the f-ton of cash you generate from transaction fees you have more than enough cash to buy a proper datacenter with proper IT staffing.  If you didn't then, you do now.  You can also rent serverspace from the 1000's of companies out there.  Come on, spend some of those fees on getting your act together.  Paused markets is BS.  Give us a smaller demonination coin to trade with, BTC is too large to handle most of the smaller coins.  But why am I even posting, not going to be listened to...

Posted: 1/7/2018 9:16:39 PM
bobthebomb
Threads: 0, Posts: 75

It's called Load Runner.  IT has been around for 10+ years.  I am sure there are 100's of other tools.  You should have expected your traffic to be 1 mil + simultaneous users from inception and you should have tested against it.  With the f-ton of cash you generate from transaction fees you have more than enough cash to buy a proper datacenter with proper IT staffing.  If you didn't then, you do now.  You can also rent serverspace from the 1000's of companies out there.  Come on, spend some of those fees on getting your act together.  Paused markets is BS.  Give us a smaller demonination coin to trade with, BTC is too large to handle most of the smaller coins.  But why am I even posting, not going to be listened to...

Razarr69: 1/7/2018 9:16:39 PM

When you start up a company from home with your mate you start from scratch. No money, no customers. This company grew organically, and has only been making a profit and able to hire/scale very recently. At the start of the year there were 20,000 users and hardly any volume and loss making. Everything since then has happened very quickly at the kind of growth rates that no other industry sees.  These guys have worked increadibly hard, and yes it is now making money. If it was as easy as just buying a data centre it would be done already. Massive scaling can not happen instantly, if you know anything about IT you'll know it isn't just a case of buying more servers.

Posted: 1/8/2018 10:35:38 AM Edited: 1/8/2018 10:36:34 AM
CnJ
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Razarr69: 1/7/2018 9:16:39 PM

When you start up a company from home with your mate you start from scratch. No money, no customers. This company grew organically, and has only been making a profit and able to hire/scale very recently. At the start of the year there were 20,000 users and hardly any volume and loss making. Everything since then has happened very quickly at the kind of growth rates that no other industry sees.  These guys have worked increadibly hard, and yes it is now making money. If it was as easy as just buying a data centre it would be done already. Massive scaling can not happen instantly, if you know anything about IT you'll know it isn't just a case of buying more servers.

bobthebomb: 1/8/2018 10:35:38 AM
They did not have the foresight to stop registrations or even at least slow them down in order to handle support issues in a timely fashion. They just kept letting new signups occur causing support issues to continue to pile. This policy (or non-policy) caused this site to drag to the point of waiting long periods of time just for orders to set.  Back when I first started on here I had an argument with a guy via email. This guy kept harassing me in emails. I left the site over that ordeal then decided to give it another try a while back. Until yesterday I did not know that this piss poor customer service rep was actually the owner of this site. Rob Dawson. Absolutely insane somebody would start anything that has to deal with people and be harassing and insulting them. First you guys raised the minimum satoshi order to 0.0005 BTC, then cut off LTC and Doge exchanges. That means anybody that has any LTC or Doge pair order that was less than 0.0005 BTC in value is just plain stuck. Some coins on here can't even be traded anywhere else, e.g., ETN. You guys have shown nothing but plain contempt for customers. The fees to withdraw some coins are so high they can't be withdrawn because the fee is multiple times the value of on coin, e.g., XEM, SCL et al.
To sum it up. Cryptopia sucks and you guys don't have a clue how to change that. My own personal vision for this company, right it's growing and the bigger it gets the harder it's going to fall. I see a lot of people getting screwed even worse than are getting it right now in the near future, barring a miracle. I sarted moving everything out of here. I'm done here permanantly after I get what i can of my funds out. At the moment with hardly no way to sell some coins it's impossible to get everything.

Posted: 1/8/2018 12:33:44 PM
Fatal401
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

I have been patiently waiting (as I’m sure thousands of others have) for an estimation of the timeline to un-pause the markets. Your company hasn’t even stated exactly why our money needs to be held by you as you increase efforts to be a, “...dedicated quality service provider.” Which is becoming less so as you ignore your constituents. Transparency is in order young Cryptopia hierarchy. To freeze trading & then charge your clientele to extricate their capital is borderline strong arming us. I believe in the better nature of Hex’s statement & write this in hopes that their collective decency will arrive at some appropriate concessions for their anxiety ridden customers.

Posted: 1/8/2018 12:52:40 PM
sirllama
Threads: 2, Posts: 17

I think what is most saying is that this guy is allowed to run around the forums posting his affiliate link to livecoin without any repurcussions. I hope they ban him and take his coins once they wise up.

Posted: 1/8/2018 12:55:10 PM
Videoopp
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

So for those of us who have funds tied up in the LTC paired coins, what is Crytopia offering?  I want to transfer my LTC out and get it working on another exchange.  How do I do that?

Posted: 1/8/2018 2:48:31 PM
gregery
Threads: 0, Posts: 7

It's not just about being overloaded, this site trips people up either through design issues or technical issues and is causing financial loss.

I contacted NZ Consumer Protections and they are already aware of Cryptopia and something may be happening but wouldn't say what.

It's not worth the expense of travelling to New Zealand to wait in a queue for some kind of pointless arbitration

tribunal so I'll just let NZ sort it out. Unless some miracle happens and they fix my deposit issue

it looks like a write off of my $1500 or so. Lesson learned, I guess.

Posted: 1/8/2018 3:32:20 PM
bobthebomb
Threads: 0, Posts: 75

So for those of us who have funds tied up in the LTC paired coins, what is Crytopia offering?  I want to transfer my LTC out and get it working on another exchange.  How do I do that?

Videoopp: 1/8/2018 2:48:31 PM

Go to the withdraw option, pick the coin you want to withdraw and do it... Cryptopia has NOT stopped any withdraws (apart from wallets in maintenance which is actually more the fault with wallet code from the coin devs than Cryptopia), they have stopped trading on the LTC/DOGE markets.  You can still take all your coins out.

Posted: 1/8/2018 9:05:49 PM
Bitinoobi
Threads: 0, Posts: 6

Go to the withdraw option, pick the coin you want to withdraw and do it... Cryptopia has NOT stopped any withdraws (apart from wallets in maintenance which is actually more the fault with wallet code from the coin devs than Cryptopia), they have stopped trading on the LTC/DOGE markets.  You can still take all your coins out.

bobthebomb: 1/8/2018 9:05:49 PM

Actually not. All my Altcoins went miracously from available to "Open orders". WTF?????????

I bought all those coins days before the disaster happend and now I dont own them anymore? WTF?

Posted: 1/8/2018 9:19:23 PM
ralphq
Threads: 0, Posts: 13

There are developers all over twitter complaining that they haven't updated the wallets or sync them after being sent all the updates. It is not the developers. They are losing a ton of money too.  

Posted: 1/8/2018 9:22:13 PM Edited: 1/8/2018 9:23:09 PM
xtraelv
Threads: 12, Posts: 324

Ya this site is a scam, just look how they are manipulating PAC.

charliet1010: 1/7/2018 6:04:43 PM

PAC is not being manipulated by Cryptopia. Your browser script cannot handle the rapid updates.  When you do an API call you see the true volume. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/api/GetMarketOrders/1721/50

Cryptopia doesn't sell the coins - it facilitates the trade between buyers and sellers. It would not benefit from any manipulation and it would not be in its interest to manipulate any market.

Posted: 1/9/2018 12:35:13 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 12, Posts: 324

Actually not. All my Altcoins went miracously from available to "Open orders". WTF?????????

I bought all those coins days before the disaster happend and now I dont own them anymore? WTF?

Bitinoobi: 1/8/2018 9:19:23 PM
You can cancel any open orders https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Trades   

Posted: 1/9/2018 12:39:44 AM