doge coin minimum trade requirement

alfon1917
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

Unfortunately, Cryptopia are handling this in an unprofessional manner.

It is their right, of course, to set minimum amounts as they see fit. Just as it is their right to list and delist coins as they see fit. However, delisting coins at a moment's notice (to be exact, _without_ any notice) and changing the lower limit of transactions, again without any notice, is not the way to go.

If this is a permanent change, they should give adequate notice. By adequate I mean at least two weeks, preferably a month. This notice should appear every time one makes a transaction that is below the new limit.

In case it is a temporary measure, meant to deal with an emergency such as a sudden influx of small transactions that bog down their servers, then they should have a link "more info" explaining what caused it and how long they assume the new limit will be in place.

And, of course, at the very least, someone from Cryptopia should appear here and explain what is going on and why.

Unfortunately, this is not happening. If we combine this with a report of a Cryptopia customer in the SAFEX forums, ASSUMING IT IS TRUE, who stated that the reply of a Cryptopia manager to his questions regarding the delisting of SAFEX was something along the lines of "I did it because I can. I am a young millinaire and I can do as I please", this raises a lot of red flags.

Posted: 1/2/2018 1:27:33 PM
Enriconeri
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

if in cryptopia things are this way they will change in many

Posted: 1/2/2018 1:45:00 PM
Nina_Freu
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

That was only because of the Paccoin and PPL were buying only on Cryptopia Paccoin with Dogecoin...

And i think the decision is not just super bad its harmful for Cryptopia and small Altcoins and Doge :/.

In the end Other Websites will overshatter Cryptopia if it stays like that. Because that was the Funfactor and Mainreason why i started to Trade here.
With Dogecoins o,o. i mean its Selfharming to do such a Blunder. It was a Strenght of this website getting rid of a Strenght isnt the Way to go.

Posted: 1/2/2018 1:49:37 PM
tbroady

Yea, this is a stupid move. doge is where people play with microcoins, you can't have the minimum LTC be ~2USD and have the fricken DOGE minimum be ~5USD. I'm litterally only on cryptopia for the doge/microcoin playground. And worse off all is the lack of communication on this issue. 

take a .01% fee like hitbtc if you want to stop 11 doge spammers. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 2:12:00 PM
99mir

My minimum trade requirement for doge coin category coins has gone from 0.00050000 to 500 doge coins? 

Can we switch this back to what it was? I don't want to invest a minimum of 500 doge coins per transaction. 

kevinrosario93: 1/2/2018 5:38:28 AM

Posted: 1/2/2018 2:13:36 PM
99mir

My minimum trade requirement for doge coin category coins has gone from 0.00050000 to 500 doge coins? 

Can we switch this back to what it was? I don't want to invest a minimum of 500 doge coins per transaction. 

kevinrosario93: 1/2/2018 5:38:28 AM

now i have many doge coins stuck because i can neither trade nor buy anything less than 500 doge .....this is ridiculous

Posted: 1/2/2018 2:14:59 PM
Wheelz421

how am i supposed to trust them with my money when i cant even trust them to give notices of  changes to the platform?

Posted: 1/2/2018 2:54:43 PM
alexandr_kush

The administration could simply increase the commission for transactions on small amounts, but do not increase the minimum limits for trading!

Posted: 1/2/2018 3:45:39 PM
fileysmace

I dont agree with the change in the minimum of buying/selling under the doge market without advanced notice, I understand sometimes changes need to be made in order to update the site but this was unfair to all the users in the doge market with small orders, now I have several coins that I'll never be able to sell unless that coin go's over 500 doge or unless I buy more of this coin that I dont want in order to HOPEFULLY get my 10 doge per 65 coins, all this could have been avoided with just a warning, I'd just be happy to be able to change my sell order price so I'm not sitting on these coins forever, please start giving users an advanced notice on things like this, I love this exchange but I dont like suprises.

Posted: 1/2/2018 3:51:15 PM
rwdim2

Server size and, server load or even people "spamming with 11DOGE trades" has nothing to do with that decision. If that was the case I think they would have also increased the trading pairs for other markets. For example. It is perfectly possible to buy 300 DOGE using LTC (based on the trade cap of DOGE/LTC visit the market and confirm this). If the reason the mininimum price has increased had to do with technical reasons then surely they would have changed all the pairings.

I think that the real reason probably lies somewhere in between what I speculated above. In my opinion whatever advice they're listening to from their CFO or experts or whatever was ill considered because of one factor and one factor alone.

At 500DOGE per transactionit is no longer possible to trade as a small time enthusiast who supports the community. It is certainly not adviseable either.

At the time I'm writing this 500DOGE on Cryptopia would set you back 4.70939499USD. That is a ridiculous jump from the 9cents it used cost when I put my computer to sleep last night. I get that Cryptopia is a business and needs to make money, but, trading in DOGE was the great democratiser where the small guy could come in and use these currencies to trade, learn, contribute to the community and maybe make a little on the margins, maybe enough to park it on LTC or whatever and hodl until kingdom come. In my opinion this policy change goes against what cryptocurrencies stand for, it goes against the spirit of the product and it shows a willingess to simply plummet the depths of "traditional banking" and market regulation in the altar of profit. 

I do hope you guys will revise this. If nothing else to prove that our community is not just "old money" albeit done a different way

cryosentinel: 1/2/2018 12:47:18 PM

I agree with Cryo, but the obvious issue here is the theft of millions of DOGE because they cannot be cashed out. I can understand adjusting your minimums, but to lock any prior sales into the new minimum means that any prior purchases @ 10 doge will require a FIFTY TIMES (50X) return to get your money out, which means that you'll never take the money out and Cryptopia never has to give you the funds you gave them.  Even a 100D purchase now requires a 5X return to get your money out.

If this is, as I suspect, a way to generate more commissions, why not just just up the percentage to 1% on the transaction? Many of the coins sold here cannot be bought anywhere else, so people will have no choice.

Rest assured, new coins WILL NOT pay your $30K listing fee if you keep screwing around with minimums.

Posted: 1/2/2018 5:25:15 PM
Amabuba
Threads: 3, Posts: 10

Eu acho que é uma reação aos usuários que colocam spam em centenas de ~ 11 DOGE nos mercados hoje. Além de ser totalmente irritante para mim, isso também é propiciável também causou carga significativa em seu backend

phael: 1/2/2018 6:57:20 AM

Não é spam, não digite o que não entende, é estratégia, ou você acha que alguém ganha dinheiro com spam?
Então você está contra você deve ser um milionário WallStreet para querer comprar cada moeda com uma transação mínima de 4 a 5 dólares, os usuários compram várias moedas de 10 a 100 dogecoin para fazer uma estratégia porque existem mais de 1000 tipos de moedas, com De 20 a 50 moedas na carteira, a probabilidade de você ganhar é maior do que com apenas 1 ou 2, caso em que, se você tiver muito dinheiro, não adianta aqueles que têm pouco para investir, se você não entende a estratégia, eu recomendo ler a "Arte da Guerra" porque você precisa, aproveite e obtenha seus milhões de dólares e investe com um mínimo de comércio absurdo e tenha a chance de perder mais do que você ganha. Se você não entende a estratégia, não perturbe ninguém.

Eu também fiz um post disto, eu quero que seja 10 dogecoin, não vejo diferença entre taxa superior a 10 dogecoin comprando 50 moedas ou 500 dogecoin comprando 1 moeda com o mínimo de comércio de 500 doge, 50 x 10 = 500 dogecoin, a taxa é o mesmo.
Milestones de Wallstreet tipo Phael não pretendem que o lado dos outros apenas pense em si mesmo.
Estou com 17 tipos de moedas paradas para não alocar 500 dogecoin.

Transforme o sistema 10 Dogecoin de volta.
A pessoa deve escolher o quarto que tem o mínimo, poderia ter vários quartos para que a dogecoin 10 fosse a sala de comércio mínima de 10.
E rico como Phael seria em quartos de pelo menos 500 dogecoin.

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:20:20 PM Edited: 1/2/2018 8:06:19 PM
benign01

This is a mistake. Those that own Cryptopia are probably millionaires right now but they could be billionaires. What they should do is treat their customers the way they would wish to be treated ie as if it was theie money. This doesn't particularly affect me but to hike up themin trade of doge from 10 to 500 without warning is specifically designed to get rid of the small trader. But what they forget is that the small trader takes to the www and spreads the word around. Suddenly those who are comfortable with the min 500 doge position start to wonder if that too might get increased in the near future and perhaps also the BTC min trade again will increase.So people leave in droves and head to coinexchange Binance etc 

We have not been warned of this and possibly it has to do with a planned server upgrade etc but why no contact with the customers? This is agreat exchange but this issue needs addressing by the owners asap

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:19:51 PM
OGStacks

This exchange just basically stole $50 from me. I bought into a bunch of alts with less than 100 Doge now I cant sell ANY OF THEM. Maybe this is a good thing though it forces me to Hodl the coins I bought smile

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:44:51 PM
tplink55
Threads: 6, Posts: 17

hi can you put back the minimum limit to 10 doge or at least 50 or 100 doges because now its complicated to make some buy

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:56:27 PM
shmu28

What is going on ?? I see this trend of increasing the minimum trades across all major exchanges - Bittrex and Bitfinex did the same thing ... why ?    

Please lower the minimum back to 10 DOGE.  

Posted: 1/2/2018 9:19:13 PM
toantruongquoc

Please lower the minimum back to 10 DOGE. Thank

Posted: 1/10/2018 2:56:12 AM