doge coin minimum trade requirement

kevinrosario93
Threads: 2, Posts: 7

My minimum trade requirement for doge coin category coins has gone from 0.00050000 to 500 doge coins? 

Can we switch this back to what it was? I don't want to invest a minimum of 500 doge coins per transaction. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 5:38:28 AM
alientro
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

It went from 10.0 to 500.0 today. Do the rules just change here without notice or did I miss a news or tweet?

Posted: 1/2/2018 5:46:30 AM
kevinrosario93

Dude wtf.. I'm about to go to another exchange. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 5:47:28 AM
Stephen_Mc
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Clearly, Cryrtopia has forgotten that it is people's money they are messing with. This is not acceptable.

Small change is just as valuable as large money. It is our right to trade at a lower cost 10 limit was already too high and now they have increased the limit on Doge to 500 without any notice or without getting approval from its clients. Clearly, a power move for whales to make use off and more fees to be collected from those bulk transaction. Good thing I have screenshots of everything as evidence. I find it hard to think that A James CLARK and R Peter John DAWSON could have approved this. This needs to be fixed back!

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:06:10 AM
ackback1

i think it's better now 

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:06:45 AM
coinmyne
Threads: 4, Posts: 16

Clearly, Cryrtopia has forgotten that it is people's money they are messing with. This is not acceptable.

Small change is just as valuable as large money. It is our right to trade at a lower cost 10 limit was already too high and now they have increased the limit on Doge to 500 without any notice or without getting approval from its clients. Clearly, a power move for whales to make use off and more fees to be collected from those bulk transaction. Good thing I have screenshots of everything as evidence. I find it hard to think that A James CLARK and R Peter John DAWSON could have approved this. This needs to be fixed back!

Stephen_Mc: 1/2/2018 6:06:10 AM

Evidence for what? I am pretty sure they can legally set their trade limits to whatever they want. I'm not happy about it either, but screen shots aren't going to help anything.

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:09:45 AM
Orlando_chiponca

Wtf is that?

Why did you change the minimum trade for dodge coin without any notice?

A lot of problems on this exchange.

yellyellyellyellyellyellyell

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:12:05 AM
kevinrosario93

Lots of other exchanges to go to until they fix this. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:12:21 AM
davemachts

I don´t think they gone change it back again. Gone change the exchange aswell. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:30:54 AM
Stephen_Mc

Stephen_Mc: 1/2/2018 6:06:10 AM

Evidence for what? I am pretty sure they can legally set their trade limits to whatever they want. I'm not happy about it either, but screen shots aren't going to help anything.

coinmyne: 1/2/2018 6:09:45 AM
you realise you can not trade your Small value tokens/coins (example Pac) that is very trendy. That limit is very high only whales buy that much one time. the only thing you can do is export it to another site or external wallet and they going to get fee out of that too. So it is not fair to the users. And some coins are exclusive to Cryptopia as well. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:49:31 AM
phael

I guess this is a reaction to users spamming hundreds of ~11 DOGE oders into the markets today. Apart from being utterly annoying to me this propably also caused significant load onto their backend

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:57:20 AM
Severin2302
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

What?! 

How am I supposed to sell when I invested like 100Doge coins in the first place??

Posted: 1/2/2018 6:59:32 AM
robboys33
Threads: 0, Posts: 7

so we just lost if we paid a "FEE" to buy a coin with doge. And you keep the diffrence on a coin we can not exchange for what we paid for it. WTF

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:10:55 AM
kevinrosario93

atleast refund orders that were made under 500 and make an announcement. 

I'm in the hole $100 USD because of this. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:13:05 AM
Severin2302

They really should have announced this change!

I would have sold all my samll trades knowing that I will never get them sold otherwise.

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:14:53 AM
robboys33

Now the "coins" i bought I can not sell because of the trade requirements! So in short I just gave away money ?

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:25:02 AM
robboys33

well you win and you lose.

Posted: 1/2/2018 7:35:39 AM
Severin2302

You guys think this will change again??

Posted: 1/2/2018 8:33:34 AM
Tanio

Yeah,, admin please change back the minimum trade requirement please.

Posted: 1/2/2018 8:38:07 AM
Severin2302

Or at least let us sell for another amount than 500!

Thats just unfair!

Posted: 1/2/2018 8:51:26 AM
Mario852
Threads: 1, Posts: 11

I am just guessing but this is likely their response to increased server load. They might lower it in a week or two after they move their servers to the new place.

Posted: 1/2/2018 9:34:59 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 12, Posts: 272

atleast refund orders that were made under 500 and make an announcement. 

I'm in the hole $100 USD because of this. 

kevinrosario93: 1/2/2018 7:13:05 AM

How does that work ? 10 DOGE = $0.10 minimum trade

500 DOGE = $4.85 minimum trade

Posted: 1/2/2018 10:57:14 AM
TheBoogie

I am just guessing but this is likely their response to increased server load. They might lower it in a week or two after they move their servers to the new place.

Mario852: 1/2/2018 9:34:59 AM

Yeah, thats the conclusion I came to too.

Yesterday the notifications we coming in very lumpy-like, not so bad at the moment now so I'm picking the servers were getting a bit of a thrashing.

Posted: 1/2/2018 11:06:50 AM
cryosentinel
Threads: 2, Posts: 13

Server size and, server load or even people "spamming with 11DOGE trades" has nothing to do with that decision. If that was the case I think they would have also increased the trading pairs for other markets. For example. It is perfectly possible to buy 300 DOGE using LTC (based on the trade cap of DOGE/LTC visit the market and confirm this). If the reason the mininimum price has increased had to do with technical reasons then surely they would have changed all the pairings.

I think that the real reason probably lies somewhere in between what I speculated above. In my opinion whatever advice they're listening to from their CFO or experts or whatever was ill considered because of one factor and one factor alone.

At 500DOGE per transactionit is no longer possible to trade as a small time enthusiast who supports the community. It is certainly not adviseable either.

At the time I'm writing this 500DOGE on Cryptopia would set you back 4.70939499USD. That is a ridiculous jump from the 9cents it used cost when I put my computer to sleep last night. I get that Cryptopia is a business and needs to make money, but, trading in DOGE was the great democratiser where the small guy could come in and use these currencies to trade, learn, contribute to the community and maybe make a little on the margins, maybe enough to park it on LTC or whatever and hodl until kingdom come. In my opinion this policy change goes against what cryptocurrencies stand for, it goes against the spirit of the product and it shows a willingess to simply plummet the depths of "traditional banking" and market regulation in the altar of profit. 

I do hope you guys will revise this. If nothing else to prove that our community is not just "old money" albeit done a different way

Posted: 1/2/2018 12:47:18 PM Edited: 1/2/2018 12:48:58 PM
xtraelv
Threads: 12, Posts: 272

Server size and, server load or even people "spamming with 11DOGE trades" has nothing to do with that decision. 

cryosentinel: 1/2/2018 12:47:18 PM
You should start running an exchange with such expertise. 

Posted: 1/2/2018 1:07:32 PM