Interactive Tutorial to Access Chat

IDKMyUsername
Threads: 2, Posts: 8

The numerous users who don't bother to search the site for the utmost basics grrr... one word - exasperating. Rather investing 1-2 minutes to look around, they burden the chat with inquiries... So why not FORCE them to explore. How, you ask? Probably didn't - considering the title leaves nothing to mystery.

But I had the idea to inhibit chat accessibility via implementation of an interactive tutorial, granting access ONLY upon successful completion. Activation of the tutorial could be triggered immediately post-registration.

With the option to skip ahead to a 'Where's Waldo'  section --if you will-- for those capable of "figuring things out".

In addition to bypassing the tutorial entirely for individuals eager to trade, but disinterested in chat... Should these users wish to begin chatting at a later date, a prompt to complete a quiz to ensure know-how of the basics will appear, if failed, an ultimatum to re-take the quiz or start the tutorial is given; chat remaining locked until successful completion.

The coverage of the tut and quiz, would primarily target: How to Buy/Sell between markets, where specific Coin Info is located, how to cancel orders, etc.. But think a brief section on: rules, invalid support issues, etc. towards the conclusion of the quiz would drive the entire Cryptopia experience home.

I know this is a little extra effort just to join a chat, but the effects are accumulative. Less time spent on such trivialities means more time spent enriching the contributions of support, mods, and even the community.

What you guys think? Feel free to add/ask/critique.

Posted: 12/31/2017 10:43:03 PM
kojoman
Threads: 0, Posts: 6

This will like before we make account at myetherwallet, right?

Newbie force must to read all rules and tutorial, without any skip option or had skip option but must answer the question about rules or question about trades..nice idea

I hope developer of cryptopia can make like this..

Posted: 1/1/2018 12:07:07 AM
IDKMyUsername
Threads: 2, Posts: 8

This will like before we make account at myetherwallet, right?

Newbie force must to read all rules and tutorial, without any skip option or had skip option but must answer the question about rules or question about trades..nice idea

I hope developer of cryptopia can make like this..

kojoman: 1/1/2018 12:07:07 AM

Yes, the MEW tutorial is a good example of how I imagine the final portion working. For the navigations however, I was thinking something similar to Coinigy's tutorial where it's more engaging with the environment they'll be using... but less word-y, so they don't just start clicking stuff and input figures without learning what it is they're doing.

Posted: 1/1/2018 1:14:18 AM