Withdraw my Safex coins into Safex wallet.

alin2001sf
Threads: 1, Posts: 1

I have Safex coins in my Cryptopia account. Because it was delisted on the exchange I’m forced to withdraw them and put them in the Safex wallet. Cryptopia charges a 1500 coin fee and I have less than that so when I try to withdraw them it tells me to input at least 1500 coins to withdraw... Do I just loose a little over $50 in coins that I purchased a couple hours before it got delisted because I can’t move them into the Safex wallet? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Posted: 12/18/2017 11:23:53 PM
olsontho
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

I'm in the same boat and really hope this is not the case. Safex is one of the only cryptos I hold right now because I'm pretty new and could only invest $50. Would it have been 1500 to withdraw before the delisting?

Posted: 12/19/2017 12:59:01 AM
mifba
Threads: 2, Posts: 7

Hope they allow us to withdraw without charging more than we have in the wallet. Not everyone was giving them a hard time, especially those that have $50 investments.

Posted: 12/19/2017 5:37:15 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 13, Posts: 340

The withdrawal fee is the network fee, Cryptopia doesnt benefit from it, it what needs to be paid to the network of miners to ensure your withdrawal is accepted and processed as soon as possible, a lesser fee would result in delays as miners ignore your transaction in favour of transactions paying higher fees, this is how bitcoins fees work, fiat value is irrelevant, that just a result of bitcoin becoming worth more in fiat, it the same fee in BTC and the current exchange rate to fiat does not affect

Miners care about the fee per byte (or kilobyte). This is the total fee divided by the number of bytes in a transaction, such as 40 satoshis/byte or 0.0004 bitcoins/kilobyte. This is the most important measurement for miners. They can only include about 1 million bytes of transactions in their blocks. For this reason they prefer to include transactions that pay more fee per byte.

Unfortunately Onmi wallets have expensive tx fees.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/3542  deposit has not appeared is what could happen if the tx fee is set too low.

Posted: 12/19/2017 6:30:24 AM