Cheaper method of adding Coins on Cryptopia

kunalk222
Threads: 1, Posts: 1

So I am new to Cryptopia, only made an account today as I saw this exchange lists more altcoins than others and it has cheaper fees. 

Few Issues I have been through and pretty sure all new beginners would have too!!!

1. Verifying Account: When I tried verifying the account with a laptop (I had scanned copy of my license) the site only gives you option to upload a photo via webcam or mobile camera. I think there should be an option to allow scanned pdfs. (I am pretty sure they would have some reasoning behind this)
  2. Secondly, I couldn't start trading or buying altcoins as the site doesn't allow credit card or debit card purchases and you need to transfer bitcoins or other accepted currencies into Cryptopia!!! 
  3. So I went to Coinbase and opened an account for bitcoins, went through the entire process of verification, etc. I bought $100 BTC and tried transferring it into Cryptopia!! Shockingly they charge 0.008 BTC for transfer of coins!!! Out of $99 it costs me $22 in transfer fees. I think this is really high and there should be better and cheaper ways for people to get into Cryptopia

Let me know if I am missing anything or there are better ways to get started!!

PS: If someone wants to transfer me some BTC please see my address below, so I can get started ;-) 

I am accepting donations :-)  

1NjUT8j7wZmLqxnah5AbdXVBUD68cSCr8D 

Posted: 12/17/2017 3:11:25 PM Edited: 12/17/2017 3:13:21 PM
CryptoVise
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

I suggest you read around the forum and see what other users are saying about this exchange. You should pay attention to the experiences of others here. You may find that the comments are highly enlightening.

Posted: 12/18/2017 2:27:46 AM
Swaller103

Gdax is Coinbase's exchange platform and typically has cheaper fees than coinbase. You will need to use your web browser to access Gdax as it is not an app. Transfers from coinbase to gdax are free and instant. So create a gdax account, transfer BTC from coinbase to gdax, and then fund your Cryptopia through gdax. Way cheaper that way. Hope this helps!

Posted: 12/18/2017 3:01:07 AM
xtraelv
Threads: 12, Posts: 272

So I am new to Cryptopia, only made an account today as I saw this exchange lists more altcoins than others and it has cheaper fees. 

Few Issues I have been through and pretty sure all new beginners would have too!!!

1. Verifying Account: When I tried verifying the account with a laptop (I had scanned copy of my license) the site only gives you option to upload a photo via webcam or mobile camera. I think there should be an option to allow scanned pdfs. (I am pretty sure they would have some reasoning behind this)
  2. Secondly, I couldn't start trading or buying altcoins as the site doesn't allow credit card or debit card purchases and you need to transfer bitcoins or other accepted currencies into Cryptopia!!! 
  3. So I went to Coinbase and opened an account for bitcoins, went through the entire process of verification, etc. I bought $100 BTC and tried transferring it into Cryptopia!! Shockingly they charge 0.008 BTC for transfer of coins!!! Out of $99 it costs me $22 in transfer fees. I think this is really high and there should be better and cheaper ways for people to get into Cryptopia

Let me know if I am missing anything or there are better ways to get started!!

PS: If someone wants to transfer me some BTC please see my address below, so I can get started ;-) 

I am accepting donations :-)  

1NjUT8j7wZmLqxnah5AbdXVBUD68cSCr8D 

kunalk222: 12/17/2017 3:11:25 PM

1) Yes there is a good reason.

2) You can buy on Cryptopia using a bank account if you are level 2 veified. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1335?postId=7823 

3) https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/3810  how do I buy bitcoin with cash / card

The withdrawal fee is the network fee, In most cases the organisation doesnt benefit from it, it what needs to be paid to the network of miners to ensure your withdrawal is accepted and processed as soon as possible, a lesser fee would result in delays as miners ignore your transaction in favour of transactions paying higher fees, this is how bitcoins fees work, fiat value is irrelevant, that just a result of bitcoin becoming worth more in fiat, it the same fee in BTC and the current exchange rate to fiat does not affect
Miners care about the fee per byte (or kilobyte). This is the total fee divided by the number of bytes in a transaction, such as 40 satoshis/byte or 0.0004 bitcoins/kilobyte. This is the most important measurement for miners. They can only include about 1 million bytes of transactions in their blocks. For this reason they prefer to include transactions that pay more fee per byte.

This is what happens if a low tx fee is used https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/3542  bitcoin deposit has not appeared

Posted: 12/19/2017 8:51:28 AM Edited: 12/19/2017 8:52:06 AM
marvas

transfer btc to altcoin like ltc then send. transmit fees on ltc and zec is very low

Posted: 12/30/2017 12:36:15 PM
wana305

Gdax is Coinbase's exchange platform and typically has cheaper fees than coinbase. You will need to use your web browser to access Gdax as it is not an app. Transfers from coinbase to gdax are free and instant. So create a gdax account, transfer BTC from coinbase to gdax, and then fund your Cryptopia through gdax. Way cheaper that way. Hope this helps!

Swaller103: 12/18/2017 3:01:07 AM

Hi, this is exactly what I did and so far I do not see my BTC yet. Over on gdax it says it was successfully but nothing so far on here. Its been about 10 minutes. How long does it usually take? I want to know before I start panicking. I feel I should be OK because I copied and pasted the btc address generated on Cryptopia to GDAX. Thanks!

Posted: 1/4/2018 12:17:12 AM Edited: 1/4/2018 12:19:19 AM
bitmasterb

Swaller103: 12/18/2017 3:01:07 AM

Hi, this is exactly what I did and so far I do not see my BTC yet. Over on gdax it says it was successfully but nothing so far on here. Its been about 10 minutes. How long does it usually take? I want to know before I start panicking. I feel I should be OK because I copied and pasted the btc address generated on Cryptopia to GDAX. Thanks!

wana305: 1/4/2018 12:17:12 AM

my same concern except i transferred from GDAX to Cryptopia at 10amEST ...its been over 12 hrs and I still don't see mine. I'd like to think its not gone and there's just big delays/traffic today. 

Posted: 1/6/2018 3:45:04 AM
ladylm
Threads: 1, Posts: 5

Ive had the same problem and its been over 24 hours now, i have contacted support and waiting on their response

Posted: 1/6/2018 10:00:04 AM
Mogo8677
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

Hello Guys 

Best way to buy with cash in Coin base ONLY LTC 

then withdraw it anywhere in your favorite exchange market like Cryptoria 

very fast transfer => about 5 to 10min max and Coinbase fees = 0.002 LTC

Regards

For Donation : my LTC wallet here in Cryptopia

LPGshyFdRAdX9FQFV3c2q4DJvYu83rE6cr

Posted: 1/6/2018 11:23:13 AM
msumac65

Hey, just wanted to add that as of the last couple of days, the only coin that can transact on Cryptopia is BTC.  The DOGE and LTC markets are not accepting orders at this time.  I don't know why.  I sent some LTC from Coinbase over to Cryptopia only to realize that I couldn't use it.  I then sent it back to GDAX so I can use it somewhere else.  I believe I will be using GDAX from now on since the fees are so much lower.

Accepting BTC donations here on Cryptopia:  1L4FpqrwMKE59KjAmzAwDNt2k6psySRvtt

Posted: 1/12/2018 1:13:48 AM
Allbertov7911
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Hello, have a good day! Can I ask you, what is the minimum for ZEC deposite fund to Cryptopia ZEC wallet?

Posted: 1/12/2018 3:30:31 PM