Cryptopia has a duty to it's users, this is ridiculous

DripTrey
Threads: 2, Posts: 4

The Ethereum network has been clogged, yes. Cryptokitties shoved transaction times down the drain. But Coinbase, Bittrex, and other exchanges have already recupperated and resumed ethereum transaction IN A REASONABLE TIME. People here are waiting 24+ hours with 500+ confirmations already in place for their deposits from a day or 2 ago, yet no funds accounted for. The transparaency here is nonexistent, with only two brief statements to tell us why our coins aren't where they're supposed to be. Yes, cryptokitties disrupted the ethereum network; Yes, bitcoin was slow for a bit; but, we are obligated to see that our transacations are at least pending or on their way. Being a first time user, I am very underwhelmed with Cryptopia. In fiat, banks would recieve fees, market suspensions, and liability for their of lack fiduciary responsibility. Crypto is meant to eliminate such tardiness and mishandling of our funds, so why can't you guys get this right? Why should I use this exchange when there is nothing but excuses for why our coins are missing and blatant lying about our transactions being backlogged when http://etherchain.org/ can show everyone of us that the confirmations ARE THERE, and our money IS THERE, but Cryptopia isn't letting us use it HERE??

Posted: 12/7/2017 5:46:06 AM Edited: 12/7/2017 5:47:25 AM
thecryptokiwi
Threads: 2, Posts: 8

Hi

So are you saying Cryptopia has messed up the transaction to send it to the blockchain or are holding your funds after being send from another wallet?

FYI. I made two transactions to the Ethereum network yesterday and they have only just been deposited (two different wallets) after approx 30 hours. During this time I had an "unable to find Transaction Hash" on Etherscan - I still do.

It was annoying but I learnt alot from it.

TCK

Posted: 12/7/2017 6:06:26 AM
DripTrey

Hi

So are you saying Cryptopia has messed up the transaction to send it to the blockchain or are holding your funds after being send from another wallet?

FYI. I made two transactions to the Ethereum network yesterday and they have only just been deposited (two different wallets) after approx 30 hours. During this time I had an "unable to find Transaction Hash" on Etherscan - I still do.

TCK

thecryptokiwi: 12/7/2017 6:06:26 AM

That they're holding after being sent from Coinbase. I read about withdrawals taking 20+ hours, but eventually going through. I have't seen anyone post about finally recieving deposits, like myself. My etherscan shows that the deposit has been completed, but my balance, deposit history, and transactions don't show anything here.

Posted: 12/7/2017 6:16:13 AM Edited: 12/7/2017 6:16:50 AM
cyberkristiyan
Threads: 0, Posts: 31

Hi

TCK

The hashes exist. The transaction ID shows more than hundreds in some cases thousands of confirmations already. So it is not a matter of a blackog. Users make deposits to Cryptopia. Those deposits are registered on the blockchain and confirmed plenty of times by nodes all over the network, the deposited funds can be seen actually arriving and sitting inside a Cryptopia issued wallet address. Still however Cryptopia is not crediting those to our ballances.

Posted: 12/7/2017 6:29:54 AM
Gaorix
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Wondering why they don’t cancel every transactions so coins can go back in our wallets and we can exchange it to another and withdraw with an other coin. I don’t understand why it takes so much time and why they don’t post news or something to reasure people because it is very annoying. We don’t Know what’s happening, they will lose lot of customers but it’s like they don’t care. They could at least post something to explain why and how much time we have to wait. Hope you working on it guys and everything will be ok. Let’s hope.

Posted: 12/7/2017 6:57:12 AM
cyberkristiyan

Wondering why they don’t cancel every transactions so coins can go back in our wallets and we can exchange it to another and withdraw with an other coin. I don’t understand why it takes so much time and why they don’t post news or something to reasure people because it is very annoying. We don’t Know what’s happening, they will lose lot of customers but it’s like they don’t care. They could at least post something to explain why and how much time we have to wait. Hope you working on it guys and everything will be ok. Let’s hope.

Gaorix: 12/7/2017 6:57:12 AM

They put "something up". https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News But it's just an excuse where they blame someone else for a various of different problems.

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:15:45 AM Edited: 12/7/2017 7:17:12 AM
josdenos
Threads: 2, Posts: 10

Hi

TCK

That they're holding after being sent from Coinbase. I read about withdrawals taking 20+ hours, but eventually going through. I have't seen anyone post about finally recieving deposits, like myself. My etherscan shows that the deposit has been completed, but my balance, deposit history, and transactions don't show anything here.

DripTrey: 12/7/2017 6:16:13 AM
I have the same issue as you have.
Made a ETH deposit, confirmed with 1000+ blocks and still nothing shows up in my balance.
I want to buy another coin with the ETH. In the mean time the other coin is rising and ETH is dropping so I'm losing my money!
I still see 0 connections with their wallet.
Common Cryptopia HELP US OUT!!!!!!

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:18:32 AM
thecryptokiwi
Threads: 2, Posts: 8

Hi

TCK

The hashes exist. The transaction ID shows more than hundreds in some cases thousands of confirmations already. So it is not a matter of a blackog. Users make deposits to Cryptopia. Those deposits are registered on the blockchain and confirmed plenty of times by nodes all over the network, the deposited funds can be seen actually arriving and sitting inside a Cryptopia issued wallet address. Still however Cryptopia is not crediting those to our ballances.

cyberkristiyan: 12/7/2017 6:29:54 AM

Thanks cyberkristiyan...if this is happening then it is very bad. It's the sort of thing I expect my bank to do to get an extra few bucks interest!

Question: so what do Cryptopia gain from doing this...or is it lack of automation?

TCK

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:21:19 AM
Gaorix
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Guys I received my coins, I waited like 30 hours. I think you don’t have to get worried it’s just taking a lot of time. Don’t trust etherscan because I received the coins but etherscan can’t find my txid. Just be patient it will be fine, I hope so.

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:22:05 AM
cyberkristiyan

Hi

TCK

cyberkristiyan: 12/7/2017 6:29:54 AM

Thanks cyberkristiyan...if this is happening then it is very bad. It's the sort of thing I expect my bank to do to get an extra few bucks interest!

Question: so what do Cryptopia gain from doing this...or is it lack of automation?

TCK

thecryptokiwi: 12/7/2017 7:21:19 AM

There's nothing for them to gain, unlike with traditional banking. It's just their level of professionalism manifesting.

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:29:25 AM Edited: 12/7/2017 7:36:35 AM
cyberkristiyan

Guys I received my coins, I waited like 30 hours. I think you don’t have to get worried it’s just taking a lot of time. Don’t trust etherscan because I received the coins but etherscan can’t find my txid. Just be patient it will be fine, I hope so.

Gaorix: 12/7/2017 7:22:05 AM

Dude, good for you! But MyEtherScan and EtherChain.org are exactly the places to trust as they are directly plugged in to the Ether Blockchain. Who I wouldn't trust is Cryptopia, who likely credited you some ETH via an internal method available on their exchange-marketplace, firefighting and band-aid patching the situation. Or you are talking about Withdrawal which is a completely different problem from the problem the majority of us are having We are missing Deposits to cryotpia, not Withdrawals from Cryptopia.

Posted: 12/7/2017 7:42:14 AM Edited: 12/7/2017 7:44:50 AM
chilly9876
Threads: 0, Posts: 22

24 hours since i tried to deposit ETH to this exchange. Over 2000 confirmations. Still my Eth has not been credited! 

This has nothing to do with congestion the congestion was stopping transactions being confirmed. Mine had enough confirmations within 15minutes.

24 hours later and Eth value has dropped more than 10% and the coin i wanted to buy has gone up 20%. Are you going to cover the losses Cryptopia?!

Posted: 12/7/2017 8:58:57 AM
dArKRogue

Bloody shoddy show cryptopia I'd expect this from mercatox or BITFINEX not yourselves. Been waiting over 24hrs have had 4800 confirmations and still rising. Where is my 0.11 Ethereum you varmintsundecided

Posted: 12/7/2017 2:59:53 PM Edited: 12/7/2017 3:00:20 PM
centuryy
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Guys, CEX.IO is the same shit in blue....

Been waiting now for 50!!!!!!!!!!!! hours with 0.5 ETH and transaction stoll not shown on blockchain.

Lok at these ridiculous Twitter Posts:

https://twitter.com/cex_io?lang=de

They say its a problem in the blockchain

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xb034c1b789b61c6232e3d5e4d4216e6f82596549ff8b80e322250185e23373c9

And look at the disgusting support answer:

Dear xxx, 

If you are facing a problem with 'We are unable to locate the Transaction Hash', the matter got resolved from our end. However, there is still something going on from the side of blockchain which needs to have some things fixed. 

The timeframe is unknown, but we suppose this should be handled by them as swift as possible. 

We would give you an update on the matter as soon as all gets resolved. Thank you for cooperation and waiting. 

Best regards
Dean Croft
Customer support
CEX.IO

Posted: 12/7/2017 3:25:54 PM
chilly9876
Threads: 0, Posts: 22

Over 30 hours and my 5+ eth transaction is still not showing on Cryptopia. You really think people will keep any faith in you with your utter lack of ownership and transparency! 

Posted: 12/7/2017 4:46:47 PM
itsfitts
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

yeah ive been waiting almost 40 hours for my deposit to show, Ive said stuff to them on twitter, through the support channel, and by email. no response from anyone, no sort of explanation, NOTHING. Ive lost $400 on the price of 1BTC, and ETN has went from .07 cent, up to .13 cent. thats almost a double gainer, missed out on because NOTHING. I have yet to see any goo explaination from anyone why the other more well known Exchanges are having no issues. Ill give my own opinion.. handling business like this, I think this guy runs this shit show out of his garage with a laptop from 2005. Definitely a mistake shopping through Cryptopia if you expect quick transactions or good customer service.

Posted: 12/9/2017 6:18:48 AM