Minimum transaction sizes

ZTbuyer
Threads: 2, Posts: 33

Have the minimum transaction sizes gone up ?

Today mine was saying Minimum trade: 0.00050000 BTC

That is 10x more bitcoin than yesterday.

That is 100x more bitcoin than June.

That is 300x more $ than June.

It is understandable that you are a business, and the tiny commission on a very tiny coin trade worth less than 10c might be a bit too small, so minimum trades had to climb eventually.  From my point of view, as a small household with a 0.4kW old cryptocurrency miner sized to the surplus from the solar panels, it is sometimes necessary to encash a month's aggregated mining or convert it to a more ubiquitous currency such as ETH or BTC.  That is a legitimate need for microtrades, and availability of at least one exchange who will do that is in my opinion necessary for the existance of noncommercial home miners, whose presence makes the many cryptocurrencies decentralised and peer to peer, rather than centralised and bank-like in their tendancy to aggregate and become corrupt self-serving institutions.

If this exchange supports decentralised and peer to peer, then please say what do you think of

I) cryptopia to announce 1 month in advance of any future changes to minimum trade size

II) a sticky in a help forum or a details page tabulating present minimum trade sizes and commission

III) introduce a new category of microtrade, by which a "minimum commission" is taken if the trade is between a proposed "minimum commission size" and present "minimum trade size", with a text indication near to the buy or sell buttons instead of greying out the button.  I might mine for three months not one at a time, in order to pay minimum commission only once.  Cryptopia would get slightly more commission than if they left it prohibiting small trades as today.  Hobby miners would have a destination for altcoins.  What does everyone else think ?

Posted: 12/5/2017 8:58:47 AM Edited: 12/5/2017 9:02:18 AM
flyers512
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

totally agree with you and moreover bitcoin price has been multiplied by x5 since june 2017

Posted: 12/5/2017 10:09:31 AM
muncuss
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Agree too

Too big (for small tx). Hope they reduce it to 0.0001

Posted: 12/5/2017 10:25:53 AM
proXy155
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

This is just stupid you not near enough volume to do these things ill just change platforms like this

Posted: 12/5/2017 3:15:22 PM
v17
Threads: 0, Posts: 30

Minimum trade 10.00000000 DOGE

Minimum trade 0.0100000 LTC

Also up 10x overnight  without announcement in good time to disdiversify.

Posted: 12/5/2017 4:05:47 PM