Today Cryptopia Committed Noobicide

Hartnell
Threads: 5, Posts: 7

The new BTC minimum cuts out newcomers. I dont get it.

Example: two days ago I transferred 50k satoshi to a friend who had never used an exchange. Thanks to the new minimum, the free satoshi I gave him amounts to exactly one trade. WTF. I'm sorry, I won't give a whole bitcoin to someone so they can play around on an exchange when they start out.  what gives?

Also, FEAR is a huge factor amoong noobs.  can someone get over it when every trade requires them to risk a fiver at the current BTC price? What about as it continues to go up?  Soon it i'll be a ten-bill. Then a twenty.  No noob is going to want to "bet a fver'

Summing up: Crytopia just killed it's future audience. I wouldn't be here now if the BTC minimum was this high.  I wouldn't have invited people or given them coin to play around.  Nobody can afford to play around now. 

To the Cryptopia's founders: good luck to you, its been a blast up until now.

Amendum:

PS: What happens, if you make a trade of 50k and it's value goes down one satoshi... I guess you're stuck with a broken fiver you can't trade.  I know there's lots of people who got stuck with coin in too small amounts to trade. According to whoever thought of this idea, everything fits, and will always fit, into units of 50,000 satoshi. 

And while I'm at it: please put the numbers on the candlestick chart outside of the box with the candlesticks in it. The way the numbers overlaps with the text makes them impossible to read about 1/3 of the time. Thank you.

Posted: 12/4/2017 10:30:16 PM
jonathanflower
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

When Bitcoin is at $100,000.00.... the minimum is going to be $50.00?

When Bitcoin is at $1,000,000.00.... the minimum is going to be $500.00?

If anything, the minimum should have moved down to 0.00000500 BTC in preparation for the future

Posted: 12/4/2017 10:40:27 PM Edited: 12/4/2017 10:41:23 PM
jonathanflower

I teach people how to trade and I always ALWAYS bring them here because the minimums were so low

Posted: 12/4/2017 10:50:36 PM
gsanjin
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

50k sat minimum trade will kill all those small coins, as a small miner trading with them lost whole point. I went from bittrex because 50k min (now 100k) and same thing happened here. Sorry Cryptopia, but this is wrong move.

Posted: 12/5/2017 12:19:52 AM
Dopeclown2k17

50k sat minimum trade will kill all those small coins, as a small miner trading with them lost whole point. I went from bittrex because 50k min (now 100k) and same thing happened here. Sorry Cryptopia, but this is wrong move.

gsanjin: 12/5/2017 12:19:52 AM

Are there any good excanges left?

Posted: 12/9/2017 9:29:05 AM