general newbie questions

billgausden
Threads: 2, Posts: 2

I am very new, so could someone help me with a few questions, please 

1) what is Alcoin coins 

2) I see that I have 2 "open orders' what are these?

3) when I buy my next BTC, and I click on the top line on the "sale page", 

what if there is not enough for the amount I wish to buy, do I just go to next line down?

4) How do I calculate what my equivalent NZD account is at any time

Is there anyone that is a Cryptopia user, living on the Coromandel Peninsula?

I live near Thames and would like to meet up, and spend a little time with someone

to learn more, as I don't wish to make a mistake.

Bill

Posted: 12/2/2017 11:11:08 PM
Lafu
Threads: 122, Posts: 243

Here you can find some info and guides https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1271    

Posted: 12/4/2017 12:39:03 AM
Hartnell
Threads: 5, Posts: 7

1) what is Alcoin coins 

Everything that isn't Bitcoin is an "altcoin." The alt in altcoin is short for "alternative to bitcoin." Not all coins were created as an alternative to BTC, however, the term tends to be used in general.

2) I see that I have 2 "open orders' what are these?

They are orders which you have made but can't be filled until someone either buys or sales at the price you specified when you made the order.

3) when I buy my next BTC, and I click on the top line on the "sale page", 

what if there is not enough for the amount I wish to buy, do I just go to next line down?

Let's say there's two lines.

The first line's price is 0.01 and the second line's price is 0.02

If you buy at 0.01, you will buy the amount of coin that's on the first line.  If you ordered more than there is available on the first line, an open "buy" order will automatically be created for the rest. 

You will only buy coin from the second (0.02) line if you specifiy 0.02  or higher as your price. In that case, you'll buy the amount of coin available on the first line, followed by the second line, and finally, if there's not enough available at 0.02, an automatic buy order will be placed for the rest.

4) How do I calculate what my equivalent NZD account is at any time

1. Google "btc to nzd"

2. Choose your fiat currency

3. Copy and paste the Est. BTC amount from your Balances page into the BTC box. 

4. Wha la!

Posted: 12/4/2017 1:01:56 AM