Any setting to see bitcoin values as USD?

darren_cruse
Threads: 2, Posts: 3

I'm new to trading crypto coins so maybe this is something people get over - but me I'm constantly using a calculator to convert the fractions of a bitcoin values into USD.

I was hoping maybe there was profile setting or something that would let me see those in USD instead (even though the bitcoin values are used behind the scenes).

e.g. I would love if I could see my balance as USD.

And even in the markets when trading I'd love to see the current price and buy/sell values as USD.

I'm guessing it's not available since I couldn't find it but I hope I'm wrong I'd really love this feature...

Posted: 11/19/2017 5:01:42 PM
Bryandix
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

I"m new too and was just about to ask the same question.  I"m also going to the calculator, also I found www.currencio.com and use their btc to usd converter but I gotta say tryig to get used to seeing everything in btc value is very confusing for me.  I'm hopig it gets easier the more I am involved. 

Posted: 11/21/2017 5:21:08 PM
stoffman
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

I am also wondering how to switch the display of all prices into USD. (Just signed up)

Is this possible at all?

If not I'm out'a here.. =(

Posted: 11/25/2017 12:11:11 AM
MrFloppy
Threads: 89, Posts: 589

I am also wondering how to switch the display of all prices into USD. (Just signed up)

Is this possible at all?

stoffman: 11/25/2017 12:11:11 AM

why would anyone want to see the price in anything other then the basemarket currency?  Its misleading and potentially fraudulent for any exchange to show converted values of coins in USD if it not the base market currency.  You must be new if you expect FIAT prices for altcoins when they are all traded against BTC, as that makes no sense at all to show converted prices.  Almost as misleading as certain crypto news outlets claiming ETH has a new ATH when its at half the price it was 6 months ago.  

The only way to see a USD price is if there is direct pairing for the currency to USDT here.  

Posted: 11/25/2017 12:36:03 AM Edited: 11/25/2017 12:41:53 AM
CryptoKnightNZ
Threads: 1, Posts: 13

I'm new to trading crypto coins so maybe this is something people get over - but me I'm constantly using a calculator to convert the fractions of a bitcoin values into USD.

I was hoping maybe there was profile setting or something that would let me see those in USD instead (even though the bitcoin values are used behind the scenes).

e.g. I would love if I could see my balance as USD.

And even in the markets when trading I'd love to see the current price and buy/sell values as USD.

I'm guessing it's not available since I couldn't find it but I hope I'm wrong I'd really love this feature...

darren_cruse: 11/19/2017 5:01:42 PM

This would be really handy.  A general feature like this where you could select a currency of choice to be displayed would be awesome. 

Posted: 11/25/2017 7:07:17 AM
JiveTonto
Threads: 1, Posts: 7

Is this possible at all?

stoffman: 11/25/2017 12:11:11 AM

why would anyone want to see the price in anything other then the basemarket currency?  Its misleading and potentially fraudulent for any exchange to show converted values of coins in USD if it not the base market currency.  You must be new if you expect FIAT prices for altcoins when they are all traded against BTC, as that makes no sense at all to show converted prices.  Almost as misleading as certain crypto news outlets claiming ETH has a new ATH when its at half the price it was 6 months ago.  

The only way to see a USD price is if there is direct pairing for the currency to USDT here.  

MrFloppy: 11/25/2017 12:36:03 AM

On point 100%

but for some reasion people this fiat is the end of all ends even tho they could be converting over 3 or 4 markets to get the end result which in that time would have changed

if unsure just use google ".00345 btc to usd to nzd"

Posted: 11/25/2017 7:27:20 AM