Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

Trollbox Rules

Hex
Threads: 198, Posts: 400

1. Logging a Support Ticket about someone not liking you in chat or an equally ridiculous reason will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban
  2. Logging a Support Ticket about getting Banned or PayBanned will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban
  3. Logging a Support Ticket about being on someone's ignore list or tip ignore list will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban
  4. Logging a Support Ticket complaining that you only made 0.0000xxxx in tips today will result in Trollbox Perma-Ban
  5. Do not use the Trollbox for support requests
  6. Do not beg for tips
  7. Do not post only emoticons, contribute to the conversation
  8. Do not spam links
  9. Do not post referral links
  10. Personal issues are to be dealt with in private. Don't pollute the Trollbox with disagreements or other personal agendas/conflicts
  11. Respect everyone's right to speak in their native language
  12. Do not comment on tips, at all. No "Thank you", "you're awesome", "nice rains" or anything of that nature. No "I missed the tip/rain", no "I'm going to tip soon", nothing. Tips happen all day, every day, we get it, get over it. Your thanks are implied and commenting on tips is spam.
  13. Do not use the tip reasons to advertise
  14. Do not use your chat handle to advertise
  15. Do not use the trollbox to advertise
  16. Do not ask/beg/advertise for coin votes
  17. All links must be tagged as Not Safe For Work [NSFW] appropriately
  18. Marketplace disputes are to be resolved between buyer and seller, make use of the trust rating system
  19. No advertising your buy or sell orders, or asking people to buy or sell your coins.
  20. No commenting on karma, no asking for it, no offering it, no saying thanks for it. Either give karma or don't.
  21. No commenting on the rewards you win. Noone gives a shit about your 0.01% reward.
  22. These rules are a just a guideline and are subject to Moderator/Administrator discretion, respect the Moderator/Administrator's final decision

These rules may be changed without notice.

Posted: 9/20/2015 4:57:28 AM Edited: 2/29/2016 4:50:11 AM
OBAViJEST
Threads: 3, Posts: 77

I suggest adding a 'Rules' link to the blue bar at the top of the chatbox, which leads here, or a 'onhover' attribute which displays a pop-up of these rules.  Two reasons:  for those whom do not frequent the forums, and so Mods don't have to constantly link to this page ;)

Maybe in between 'Trollbox' and 'Users Online' (some formatting might be required though)?

Posted: 9/20/2015 5:27:14 AM Edited: 9/20/2015 5:28:56 AM
ukmayhem
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

was ban hammered for what rule as i didnt break one listed there ? 

Posted: 12/5/2015 12:10:10 AM
ukmayhem
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

and put to 24 hr ban ? seems you dont like to be questioned then hex ? 

Posted: 12/5/2015 1:04:22 AM
OBAViJEST

and put to 24 hr ban ? seems you dont like to be questioned then hex ? 

ukmayhem: 12/5/2015 1:04:22 AM

Are you back in chat now?  I wouldn't worry about it.  And he just might not have seen your message; there isn't a notification or anything when you've been replied to - so he just might not have been in forums for a while.

Posted: 12/5/2015 3:52:57 AM
Hex

You kept saying nice rains, so I banned you, same vein as ty for tips, it's spammy and it contributes nothing to the conversation.

The ban was only an hour, but then you decided to flip out and PM me with:

"also watching chat its funny how u ban me for somthing some one eles has just done and not that person ? wtf one rule for one another for another pathetic mate and to think i thought cryptopia was half dencent"

Which I applaud for somehow managing to be both aggressive and passive aggressive at the same time, but I extended your ban to a day for being a little bitch, do I need to make it longer?

Posted: 12/5/2015 7:03:39 AM
bosshog
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

so could u tell me what i did to get ban for 10000sec  HEX

Posted: 12/11/2015 4:09:40 AM
Hex

All you were saying was:

wootwoot
yoyoyo
waaaaaa
yoyoyo

Posted: 12/11/2015 6:27:11 AM
kezyken
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

genuine troll ,but rule 16 doesn't include bribery :)

Posted: 12/24/2015 2:49:57 PM
HORT
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

Hex, man I am sorry, I should have read rules for chat. My apologies. It will not happen again. Please don't lift ban I just wanted to state my error on things. Peace.

Marc

Posted: 12/27/2015 4:45:14 AM
pela8

cool

Posted: 12/29/2015 2:36:49 AM
Rusher
Threads: 34, Posts: 112

nice rules , and nice not have mods to ejecute them laughing

Posted: 12/29/2015 2:09:51 PM
FlatBlack
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

Soori for Everything....... never been through a lot at forum section....... Forget about reading this Rules n Regulations thing...... Thanx for d reminder, Hex......

Posted: 1/14/2016 5:59:39 PM
bumbacoin
Threads: 4, Posts: 100

i'm now confused for mentioning forum threads,

i was seemingly banned from the trollbox for posting:

bumbacoin: (3 hours ago)

yo, new bumbacoin giveaway :D https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/361?postId=3624

the closest rule i can guess at is .

15. Do not use the trollbox to advertise

is that advertising? i have no wish to fuck with the rules, but they're not particularly clear.

or would it be more innocuous to post something like:

please see our thread for new update https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/361?postId=3624

or is just mentioning one's own thread advertising?

Posted: 2/19/2016 1:30:41 PM Edited: 2/19/2016 1:33:28 PM
OBAViJEST

Your trollbox comment does break the advertising rule.  Just blatantly posting a sentence with a link to one's own thread could be considered advertising (your second link) especially if the poster created the coin.  

Hypothetically, if two people were arguing, and after a while  someone posted a forum link as evidence, that wouldn't be advertising.  But hopping on chat and saying something flat-out such as, 'check this out: -link-' that is considered advertising (and spamming).  You can post details, you can talk about whatever you'd like, but if we allowed advertising, the trollbox will turn into a hellhole of spam and hatred.  Nobody wants that!

Posted: 2/20/2016 1:11:23 AM
Hex

A give away is not an update, and changing the wording doesn't make it better. You are advertising. Stop it. This shit isn't rocket appliances.

Posted: 2/20/2016 1:22:24 AM Edited: 2/20/2016 2:35:29 AM
bumbacoin

lol. it's not rocket science to appreciate that some people do not appreciate the finer nuances of the rules. i hopefully now appreciate more fully some of those finer nuances to the point where Hex is not feeling the need to pwn my arse.

to be honest i do not fully appreciate the point of an integrated website such as cryptopia, where the troll box is not to be used to discuss such fineries draping a coin listed on the exchange.

that said, i do appreciate the efforts to reduce spam <<<< this is where the finer nuances come into play and efforts to enhance clarity are beneficial to some of us lower denizens on the cryptopia feeding chain.

whilst it may be argued what constitutes an update and what doesn't, obviously the linguistical niceties do not have as much weight as a the finger on the trigger :D

ie, the ban is mightier than the troll.

Posted: 2/20/2016 7:04:42 AM Edited: 2/20/2016 7:05:48 AM
Hex

lol. it's not rocket science to appreciate that some people do not appreciate the finer nuances of the rules. i hopefully now appreciate more fully some of those finer nuances to the point where Hex is not feeling the need to pwn my arse.

to be honest i do not fully appreciate the point of an integrated website such as cryptopia, where the troll box is not to be used to discuss such fineries draping a coin listed on the exchange.

that said, i do appreciate the efforts to reduce spam <<<< this is where the finer nuances come into play and efforts to enhance clarity are beneficial to some of us lower denizens on the cryptopia feeding chain.

whilst it may be argued what constitutes an update and what doesn't, obviously the linguistical niceties do not have as much weight as a the finger on the trigger :D

ie, the ban is mightier than the troll.

bumbacoin: 2/20/2016 7:04:42 AM

You're more than welcome to piss off to literally anywhere else if you don't like it.

Posted: 2/20/2016 8:11:25 AM
bumbacoin

bumbacoin: 2/20/2016 7:04:42 AM

You're more than welcome to piss off to literally anywhere else if you don't like it.

Hex: 2/20/2016 8:11:25 AM

thank you for your fine offer :D but i am already well aware of your attitude. gracious you may not be, but i appreciate your sentiment.

i humbly apologise for my "advertising" and look forward to a longer foray into the adventures of cryptopia

i think we will all rue the day you get a public relations person on board ..

Posted: 2/20/2016 8:40:18 AM Edited: 2/20/2016 8:43:36 AM
cryptomaddness
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

A give away is not an update, and changing the wording doesn't make it better. You are advertising. Stop it. This shit isn't rocket appliances.

Hex: 2/20/2016 1:22:24 AM

Idk man..this shit makes your brain compartments and brain departments get all tangled up.....  I'd even say it's harder than getting your grade 10.

Posted: 2/23/2016 8:34:34 AM
Hex

Don't spam, don't advertise, don't push an agenda. It's really basic, don't pollute the trollbox with bullshit. Just chat, the forum is there for all the things you're not allowed to do in the chat, just leave the bullshit out of chat.

If you can't figure out how to follow these rules, that's not our problem, if you don't like it go somewhere else, if you don't want to go somewhere else then deal with it.

Posted: 2/23/2016 6:19:39 PM
shawn11
Threads: 0, Posts: 12

Sorry for mentioning a coin i voted for in the chat, I know better for next time and I wont do that. Thank you for temp banning me so I learn this lesson and not do it again. Guess The rule got added recently without me knowing.

Posted: 2/24/2016 8:01:21 AM
Bonek
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

I don't see how I broke the rules of chat ? Explain, please. item 12 in my opinion I did not violate. It's funny, because I did not insult his expression. But the moderator banned me suggested good night. I think it's an insult direct, and not indirect. So I think samakiravannya chat unfounded. Then the moderator also should be punished according to rule of the chat. Ignorant

Posted: 2/28/2016 8:28:32 PM
kaloriferaki
Threads: 3, Posts: 154

everyone needs to know these

Posted: 3/4/2016 2:51:07 PM
limarq

Tipbot: zpool tipped the last 2 users 1500.00000000 020 each., Reason: www.zpool.ca

limarq:(7 minutes ago)

nice tip reason ahhaha

Ban Hammer: Cristina has banned limarq from chat for 86400 seconds. Reason: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/303

This was..... whatever... 

Posted: 3/5/2016 12:44:40 AM