Bitcoins accidently transfered to bitcoin cash address on Cryptopia.

Greenthumb
Threads: 1, Posts: 6

Hello,

I've got a problem. I'm a currently a noob at crypto and made a mistake yesterday with depositing to mine account. I bought an amount of appr 0.08 bitcoin and transferred this with mistake to mine bitcoin cash adress at Cryptopia.

Now are mine bitcoins stuck and i cant get at it. I see the amount at the block explorer of bitcoin cash with 66 confirmations. 

Is there something i can do? Do cryptopia have the private keys of the wallets? I read that this is important to recover. 

Sadly i cant trade further at there site cry. Ive opened a ticket and hope it could be resolved. If there other people out there that had in the same issue. Let me know.

MUch appreciated.

Posted: 11/12/2017 12:54:26 PM
paddyatul
Threads: 0, Posts: 5

Hi, 

I have also a same problem. Approx 0.043 bitcoins stuck in cryptopia, i raised a ticket yesterday but no one is interesting to look into it. Sadly saying cryptopia admin service is very poor. If you find a way to recover your bitcoins please share wid me also. 

Thanks

Posted: 11/13/2017 3:10:41 PM
Greenthumb

Hi, 

I have also a same problem. Approx 0.043 bitcoins stuck in cryptopia, i raised a ticket yesterday but no one is interesting to look into it. Sadly saying cryptopia admin service is very poor. If you find a way to recover your bitcoins please share wid me also. 

Thanks

paddyatul: 11/13/2017 3:10:41 PM
Hallo paddyatul, 
I havent a reaction het form the support. But i know that the support is overloaded without questions and issues. I hope our problem will be solved. There Are many other people that have the same problem as us. 
It could be easily solved by the dispatch of Cryptopia. Because they have the private keys of there wallet and we doesnt. Otherwise we could it do bye ourself. 
If you get response of support could you contact me in this thread? I will do the same. 
Thanks for respons
Greetz

Posted: 11/13/2017 6:03:18 PM
Harun1991
Threads: 3, Posts: 11

nobody helps since 2 weeks

Posted: 11/13/2017 9:54:35 PM
Greenthumb

hello,

A little update. Ive been helped kindly with much respect. Doesnt lose that much for correction but all went well. 

Cryptopia is heaven on Earth.

Thanks to volunteers

greetz

Posted: 11/15/2017 7:25:17 AM
electroneum_1981
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

I suggest to contact support https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Support for they are the only one who knows the program well (in/out of the system).., thanks!

Posted: 11/15/2017 7:38:10 AM Edited: 11/15/2017 7:41:12 AM
Vicer
Threads: 0, Posts: 4

hello,

A little update. Ive been helped kindly with much respect. Doesnt lose that much for correction but all went well. 

Cryptopia is heaven on Earth.

Thanks to volunteers

greetz

Greenthumb: 11/15/2017 7:25:17 AM

Hey mate,

How did they assist (I’m assuming private keys)?

also, how long after you lodged your concern until it was addressed?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Posted: 11/15/2017 8:12:59 PM
Matthew_kershaw

How long did it take to resolve this problem, as I've done the exact same thing. frown

Posted: 11/15/2017 9:12:36 PM
ZTbuyer
Threads: 1, Posts: 32

I'm not optimistic - you might want to write off your losses from user error.  Let us know if the admins do let you off for it. 

Did your bitcoin cash "available" balance go up ?  That would be a useful test to report for everyone. 

Bitcoins from a pre-August stash are meant to go through ok, whilst post-August segwit1 bitcoins might not and we would really like to know if someone has tested those by accident.

Posted: 11/15/2017 9:35:59 PM
Vicer

I heard from Support this morning, they need the transaction ID number to investigate, then you get allocated to their recovery team, no ETA can be provided. They advise if you wish to proceed, a flat 10% of all currency recovered will be claimed by Cryptopia for their service. Updates to come.

FYI - No my BCH balance did not go up

Posted: 11/16/2017 1:23:42 AM
Vicer

FYI - Issue resolved. Pretty happy with the the response time. If this happens to anyone else in future, to speed up the process, ensure you’ve clearly explained what youve done and from which exchange. Really need to have your transaction ID ready to go. Advise you’d like to be sent to the recovery team 

Posted: 11/16/2017 7:51:22 AM
Matthew_kershaw

Is the transaction ID the long code made up of numbers and letters?

Posted: 11/16/2017 6:19:50 PM
ZTbuyer
Threads: 1, Posts: 32

There are a couple of long codes so for clarification for noobies, I'll dump everything for one of my transactions.

Date: 16/11/2017 11:09
To: 12pZHyo7SEmvwAM5agkpdSX1EJEWwH8pD6 (own address, label: from XJO BCH)
Credit: 0.25000000 BCC
Net amount: +0.25000000 BCC
Transaction ID: a2c0f31facb9b89638f3cf1ef40e80806e6c1b9c5c6bd56238b17a2f99db4bc0
Transaction total size: 226 bytes
Output index: 0

In this you'll see two "long codes containing letters and numbers".

Beginning with a '1' for 'Bitcoin' and containing the decimal numerals and most of the alphabet uppercase as well as lower except 'I' and 'O' is an address in 'base-58' representation. That begins 12pZHyo... in my particular address.

Other coins often get a different first character, such as 'Zetacoin' base-58 addresses beginning with a 'Z', but the length looks the same.

The label was used locally to annotate entries in my wallet; that never leaves my house.  You could conceivably annotate yours with 'extortion revenue', 'chinatown sheet washing inc.' and so on, and nobody outside of your premises should notice.

The transaction ID is longer and contains hex; that is 01234567890abcdef only.

Just to confuse everyone, this was to a bitcoinABC 0.16.0 wallet running what some people call BCC and cryptopia calls BCH, and I've just glibly referred to it as 'bitcoin', a term which the New York segwit1x fork say is only for their fork.  This was on the 'not segwit' Fork, which though less popular seems to me to be implementing some necessary changes.  So I've taken home the less popular sort of bitcoin.  The term "bitcoin" was an original of Satoshi Nakamoto and is not owned by the New York segwit lightning faction.

Posted: 11/16/2017 7:31:47 PM Edited: 11/16/2017 7:45:19 PM