Withdraw Electroneum From CRYPTOPIA to our Offline Wallets - QUESTION!! [Resolved]

Lambor
Threads: 2, Posts: 3

Hi everyone. I have a very question, if I want to Withdraw ETN from cryptopia to my offline wallet, they ask me Paymentid, what is this?? what should I put in paymentid??

Posted: 11/6/2017 9:47:17 AM Edited: 11/10/2017 6:19:23 PM
willis1
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

i would like to know the same . last thing anyone wants to do is try without and maybe never see those coins again. this needs to be fixed or answered asap. this is the future crypto we need to know

Posted: 11/9/2017 12:41:50 PM
Soppong
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Me too - I want to withdraw to myethawallet and i am being asked the same thing!

Posted: 11/9/2017 1:42:33 PM
dcasey1984

I had the same issue, and have come to find out you just leave the payment ID blank for withdrawls.

Posted: 11/10/2017 5:52:39 PM
MrFloppy
Threads: 89, Posts: 589

Why are you guys trying to use a coin when you have not learned how to use it?   You should not be trying to play on exchanges or altcoins until you have.  Every heard of sending a test amount? is the satoshi too much too lose? :P

The paymentID is optional for Withdrawals and is only needed if the site or person you sending to tells you to use it, check with them first! 

If you are sending to your own wallet then you do not need it.  PaymentID is normally used by exchanges, merchants and other services so they know which user to credit a deposit with, without it a deposit would go into the main wallet and be lost and belong to no one.

Posted: 11/10/2017 6:18:48 PM Edited: 11/10/2017 6:23:45 PM
xjdan89

Why are you guys trying to use a coin when you have not learned how to use it?   You should not be trying to play on exchanges or altcoins until you have.  Every heard of sending a test amount? is the satoshi too much too lose? :P 

MrFloppy: 11/10/2017 6:18:48 PM

This forum is where users come to learn how to do things in the exchange. Why be a dick head about it? When transfering to/from a wallet you do not need a payment ID. Forums are helpful to ask questions like this. If you want to be a cocky asshole go somewhere else.

Posted: 11/11/2017 4:09:58 AM
MrFloppy
Threads: 89, Posts: 589

This forum is where users come to learn how to do things in the exchange. Why be a dick head about it? When transfering to/from a wallet you do not need a payment ID. Forums are helpful to ask questions like this. If you want to be a cocky asshole go somewhere else.

xjdan89: 11/11/2017 4:09:58 AM

yes forums are where people come to ask questions, that you didnt care to answer.  I did, you didnt. how many people have you tried to help here?  this is your first post and you used it to attack my response which answer the guys question, explained PaymentID to them, and gave them an example of what they could have done.  

so maybe you need to go somewhere else if you can't contribute here.

Posted: 11/11/2017 4:26:00 AM
Fancypants

I tried to withdraw without a payment id and it said I needed one. Wouldn't let me withdraw.

Posted: 11/14/2017 1:30:38 AM
Babycoins

Same thing is happening to me.  Trying to withdraw to my own wallet and asking for paymentid.  Anyway around this?

Posted: 11/14/2017 3:03:37 PM
MikeThePCGuy

Mr. Floppy, you just made me very glad I just found this exchange looking into ETN. Thank you sir for being the kind of person every forum could use.

Posted: 11/15/2017 12:57:54 AM
Ambar76

Hi everyone. I have a very question, if I want to Withdraw ETN from cryptopia to my offline wallet, they ask me Paymentid, what is this?? what should I put in paymentid??

Lambor: 11/6/2017 9:47:17 AM
Hi,
In this case u just leave it blank..

Posted: 11/17/2017 4:35:32 PM Edited: 11/17/2017 4:36:33 PM
runamuck
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

Leave Payment ID blank.

Posted: 11/19/2017 3:54:27 AM
vavhab

This is interesting, everybody says "leave it blank", however cryptopia does not allow to do so...

Anyway, from the offline wallet cli you can ask for a paymentid with the 'payment_id' command.

This is what I did and worked like charm.

Posted: 12/3/2017 9:59:38 PM
darkgeeza

did anyone work this out in the end? I'm trying to withdraw to a wallet and its asking for a paymentid - it wont let me withdraw without it 

Posted: 12/15/2017 8:34:00 PM
morecoolmoney1

I lost my coin cos I withdra without a payment id I sent a message to cryptopia up till date no response I just hope day can help us

Posted: 12/15/2017 11:54:42 PM
L0wR1d3r

@morecoolmoney1 I was in the same situation. When you look at your balance, if Available says 0, but total still has the non transfed amount then the transfer has not yet gone through and you can cancle it. 

If you look under Withdraw History you should have your transaction waiting, cancle it and the balance will be returned.

I am now at the stage of installing the cli tools https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/wiki which is presently syncing to the blockchain. These tools enable you to create a local wallet and create the ID needed for the transfer to happen, this will I expect get the balance transfed to my local wallet, and then I am expecting to either do an offline wallet import or another transfer. I guess the offline import is best as it will not attract any fees. 

There are mining tools also, which I will play with later. I burnt out my last GPU card, and only have ASIC for BTC so means spending some cash.

Posted: 12/16/2017 11:19:49 AM
aircapitalsales

The paymentID is optional for Withdrawals and is only needed if the site or person you sending to tells you to use it, check with them first! 

If you are sending to your own wallet then you do not need it.  PaymentID is normally used by exchanges, merchants and other services so they know which user to credit a deposit with, without it a deposit would go into the main wallet and be lost and belong to no one.

Posted: 12/16/2017 8:13:14 PM
MindsEye69g

aircapitalsales: 12/16/2017 8:13:14 PM

And everyone still reposts this shitpost instead of opening eyes and seeing the people who keep explaining that THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE ON CRYPTOPIA. When you create a withdraw wallet, YOU MUST SUPPLY A PAYMENT ID in order to be able to click SAVE. No one here has offered any solution to the problem. Only flame each other and ignore what the people say. 

Can someone please point all these people and myself in the actual right direction. Since it seems that doing this wrong results in loss of coin, it is an actual problem still unsolved. 

Posted: Yesterday 12:56:51 PM
jasonnavidad

I lost my coin cos I withdra without a payment id I sent a message to cryptopia up till date no response I just hope day can help us

morecoolmoney1: 12/15/2017 11:54:42 Phow to get payment id:
go to  your account  and click deposit  and you will see the payment id  together with the  coin address you need  when depositing to cryptopia... that payment id can be use when you want to withdraw your  crypto coins.. thanks  hope it helps

Posted: Today 4:30:54 AM
akyno
Threads: 0, Posts: 3

hello all, i tried transferring to my cryptopia account without payment id, it shows completed on ETN wallet but up till now nothing has shown on cryptopia, does it mean the coins are gone? all efforts to reach cryptopia admin is abortive 

Posted: Today 6:10:25 AM