Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

coin recovery times?

rasputnik
Threads: 1, Posts: 6

Has anyone got an idea how long a wallet recovery takes?

I sent ETH to a token address a few weeks back and am trying to be patient while support sort it out

(because it's my screwup at the end of the day) but it's been a while now.

As far as I can tell a token wallet is actually an ETH wallet, so I don't think they're gone. But I'm concerned

about the time its' taking - it's not a lot of ETH but it's a lot to me :/

Posted: 9/24/2017 3:00:15 AM
stevemac32
Threads: 2, Posts: 14

Has anyone got an idea how long a wallet recovery takes?

I sent ETH to a token address a few weeks back and am trying to be patient while support sort it out

(because it's my screwup at the end of the day) but it's been a while now.

As far as I can tell a token wallet is actually an ETH wallet, so I don't think they're gone. But I'm concerned

about the time its' taking - it's not a lot of ETH but it's a lot to me :/

rasputnik: 9/24/2017 3:00:15 AM

Have you had any response from Cryptopia at all? I am in a similar position and have had no reply whatsoever.  Over 3 days now (#36302).

The ETH will still be there.  What Cryptopia can do to recover it is use the Private Key of that wallet, login to it via MEW using the Private Key and send your ETH back to the address it cam from.

I have researched this and it seems the larger exchanges do support their customers in these circumstances (e.g. Bittrex and Poly).  Lets hope Cryptopia afford the same level of service. 

N.B. In my notifications it says I have a private message from Cryptopia but I cannot find this at all. My actual support ticket has no reply. 

Posted: 9/24/2017 7:23:38 AM Edited: 9/24/2017 9:02:21 AM
rasputnik
Threads: 1, Posts: 6

To be fair they've been in touch a few times yes. About a 3 day turnaround sounds about right.

Basically I was told they can't do anything until the wallet is taken down for maintenance, which is fair enough.

My issue is I really don't want the coins sent back to sender, as that was another exchange and I might as well

kiss them goodbye at that point.

They've been moved out of the deposit wallet now, so hopefully I'll get some sort of update ...

Posted: 9/24/2017 2:49:20 PM
wolverine5pl
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

i had problem with BITBAR. admin replied they will check into it. 3 days later no reply . until today I enjoyed cryptopia. but now im gonna avoid it until they fixed it

Posted: 9/28/2017 8:28:30 PM