Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

What's the difference between total and available?

YabYab21
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

I just made a deposit from another exchange and it shows up in the "total" column on the balances page, but it does not show up in the "available" column. I had an open order, so I cancelled it, but I'm still not able to trade with my "total" amount. Is there a delay or something?

Posted: 7/18/2017 4:01:31 PM
YabYab21
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

It turns out it was due to a delay. I checked two FAQs for beginners and didn't see mention of the delay.

Posted: 7/18/2017 4:03:13 PM
Withboredom
Threads: 2, Posts: 16

I just made a deposit from another exchange and it shows up in the "total" column on the balances page, but it does not show up in the "available" column. I had an open order, so I cancelled it, but I'm still not able to trade with my "total" amount. Is there a delay or something?

YabYab21: 7/18/2017 4:01:31 PM

Hi,

The total column will include any pending deposits as well as any balance you have available to spend. When you make a deposit to Cryptopia (or any other exchange) it needs to be confirmed on its respective network before it will be in your available balance. Similar to how a bank will ocassionally show uncleared funds but not allow you to spend them until they have been fully processed. I hope this helps. I will look at adding something about this into our FAQ.

Thanks,

Jerry

Posted: 7/21/2017 5:59:37 AM
dubbie
Threads: 2, Posts: 3

geez i thought the idea of cryptos was immediate and outsied of banks lol ive got a balance sitting in my accoutn BTC Estimated but cant use it to BUY---errr why not?

Posted: 7/28/2017 9:35:06 AM
clan23
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

how many hours or minutes does it take from total to available?  I tranfered some BTC, the total number is given but 0 at available, maybe you can put that in your FAQ

thank you

Posted: 8/6/2017 10:15:44 PM