Website & user experience questions for all Cryptopia users, July 2017

knoxrofl
Threads: 2, Posts: 11

Hi Cryptopia account holders,

As you'll begin to see, we are making changes around the site to improve the user interface, design, and navigation of Cryptopia. You might have noticed very subtle changes already, and in an upcoming release, you'll see what we've been working on behind the scenes - improved menus for mobile, a revamped home page, and better guidance for new users around depositing and transfering coins. 

These UX (user experience) changes will continue to happen over time, as a second-tier project behind the top develoment prioirities of site security, scalability and reliability for all our cryptocurrency services. But user experience does matter to us, and we know it matters to many of you, too (with perhaps the only exception being those of your who are AI bots and only use the API...).

So here's your chance to let us know what you'd like to see changed, and we'd love your input on the following:

1) What areas of Cryptopia were confusing when you first used the site?

2) What actions do you repeat during your time here, that you think could be made easier, or require less clicks or typing?

3) What areas does Cryptopia make more or less user friendly than other trading sites you use?

4) And what kind of user are you? (eg, an alt coin investor, experienced day trader, a market place vendor, or you're just here for the trollbox gifs).

Also, if someone else posts something you agree with, feel free to respond and add that you second that. 

Again, this is just to inform our UX priorities and decide what to change and when, so complaints about how trading or the blockhain works in general won't be dealt with here. For example, pointing out that 'so-and-so coin needs too many confirmations!' isn't helpful, but suggesting we add the number of confirmations needed or a link to the coin's CoinInfo page to the deposit page is definitely a good UX suggestion (but we already have this one on our radar! ;) ) .

Thanks in advance / cheers :)

Posted: 7/18/2017 4:42:03 AM
Aziroshin
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

What I Find Confusing:  

• When sorting the market for "Change", it doesn't actually seem to strictly sort for numerical change, with some falling coins inbetween rising ones or vice versa, or coins with change greater than 100% occuring below coins with change lesser than 100% when sorted for highest first. In short: My newbie eyes expect the numbers to align strictly in numerical order, but the sorting mechanism only appears to "improve" the sorting, instead of completely sorting it.

Potentially Helpful Features:

• Show a mini-graph next to currencies, both at the market as well as on the balance sheet.
  • Show a "Change" column on the balance sheet.
  • Add a time-window double-slider (so the time window size itself can also be altered) to the market that influences the "Change" field as well as the mini-graph in terms of which time window they're considering.
  • Add the ability to show all your balances in one list, instead of the very short list with multiple pages to click through that's available right now. 
  • Show how much you own of the respective currency on the market list.
  • Make it so the market list can be filtered for currencies you own shares of (as well as the inverse).
  • Add different change metrics that would influence "Change", the mini graph and what the time window slider operates on, such as volume.
  • Add a menu to currency displays (such as list entries at the market, results in the search tab or balance sheet list items) which pops up a searchable list of every other currency (especially base currencies such as BTC or LTC) and what the listed currency (for which the menu icon was shown) is currently worth in exchange for any of those currencies.
    Unless I am mistaken about the base currency market values currently displayed, that would make it easier to spot whether the current value of each currency in relation to the base currencies is due to that base currency falling in comparison to other currencies, or market fluctuations in the market for that specific base currency. This suggestion is probably a bit convoluted, and might even be based on some sort of confusion on my end (which would als be the kind of feedback you've asked for, I suppose).
  • Make orders batch-operable: Add a check box to each order (at the market as well as the order overwiew list), so an action such as "remove" can be executed on all of the checked ones in one go.
  • Staggered batch operations for orders: Make it so a specific number of orders can be added with a set additive or multiplicative currency value interval. Example: Someone buys 10'000 AziroCoin for 1 Satoshi and wants to sell 1000 AziroCoin each time it increases by 3 Satoshi up to 5 times. The batch would create 5 sell orders, with the first one being for 3 Satoshi and the fifth one for 15 Satoshi. If they wanted to sell each time the price tripled, with a multiplicative order the first one would sell for 3 and the fifth one for 3^5. A very sophistiated approach would be if people could enter their own interval formula, and get a preview of the batch order they'd have to confirm before posting.
  • Alternatively to the above suggestion, making it so adding orders doesn't block the interface until the order is added would also help, so adding subsequent orders becomes much faster.
  • A configurable dashboard view with drawable fibonacci lines and stuff. ;) - could even integrate buying and selling orders into the graph.
  • Browser notifications for various configurable events. E.g. telling the website to pop a notification if the value of a specified currency reaches a certain point or makes any sudden moves.
  • A mobile app for notifications. ;)

Posted: 7/18/2017 1:23:19 PM Edited: 9/8/2017 9:28:55 AM
knoxrofl

• A configurable dashboard view with drawable fibonacci lines and stuff. ;) - could even integrate buying and selling orders into the graph.
Aziroshin: 7/18/2017 1:23:19 PM

Hey there, thanks for the input and some of these are definitely in the works ;) In regards to the point I've quoted above, there are other options for the charts in the top right, where you can see fib % lines and other details - not drawable yet though.

Cheers for the thoughtful response!

Posted: 7/20/2017 1:32:12 AM
Raylon00
Threads: 1, Posts: 7

There is one thing I wish I could do for a long time:

It would be nice if there was a way to change the default sort method in your balances page to BTC value instead of alphabetical order.

I resort the view of the Balances page every time I load it. It would be nice to have, in settings maybe, a default sort view.

On mobile view, the only column I have available is amount available, but if I request the desktop page, I can sort via the column headers.

~Raylon00

Posted: 7/21/2017 12:54:07 AM
Blurb
Threads: 1, Posts: 24

A tiny wishlist item, but has driven me buggy for a while,

Think about swapping Balances and Account in the user pulldown menu. The account page is rarely needed, whereas the balance page is accessed frequently, having to skip over the first to get to the second , particularly on a slow machine, tends to inadvertently select the account page when the balance page was wanted, the focus lags behind the mouse, This happens to me regularly....

The ui is otherwise looking great so far :)

Posted: 7/21/2017 12:18:59 PM Edited: 7/21/2017 12:42:28 PM
SilverTip
Threads: 4, Posts: 13

I still love this platform.
This platform combined so many things in one. Forum, Shop, Eschange...
But the Shop is not trustfull. The exchange dont listed Lisk. The eschange have not enough traders. The Forum is to empty. The Chat is mostly spanish I think. It should be a little more social with a comment function on user profiles.
Thats all I think :D
(I use all things without the Shop.)

Sinc.,
SilverTip

Donations:
BTC 17q3jQqQuFUhD7Ky5985yXE1qj78T9f6zW

Zcash t1V3SKdLfSCPCbwQTKxgDQngj2fko1XCPE4

ZClassic t1UkWUJSYadme9ekBJTNDvr4kUTpXrxCW7d

Doge DCqTJfbt16Ly4up94JgNU3TQGsZ2Q3w7S3

Ether 0x2d5a43a02118827a0573c9e6b4ce19460ad5684a

Posted: 7/22/2017 12:16:45 PM
Ahendriks

Hi, is it possible to make some updates in the web application. I use Google Crome myself on an Android device: - Price, high, low, holdings overview on main screen looks massed up in portrait view. - Chat button is to big on mobile phone and on the wrong place - Most important, can you add the current rate/price in every trade line so I need only one screen for my actuals. Thanks a lot in advance Arne

Posted: 7/22/2017 1:22:05 PM
knoxrofl

A tiny wishlist item, but has driven me buggy for a while,

Think about swapping Balances and Account in the user pulldown menu. The account page is rarely needed, whereas the balance page is accessed frequently, having to skip over the first to get to the second , particularly on a slow machine, tends to inadvertently select the account page when the balance page was wanted, the focus lags behind the mouse, This happens to me regularly.... 

Blurb: 7/21/2017 12:18:59 PM

Hiya, thanks for this. Do you realise the 'B' bitcoin symbol next to the account dropdown actually takes you straight to your balance page? That should save you using the drop down menu. In an upcoming update, those menus will be vertical not horizontal also, making it easier to scroll down them.

Posted: 7/25/2017 12:40:52 AM
knoxrofl

Hi, is it possible to make some updates in the web application. I use Google Crome myself on an Android device: - Price, high, low, holdings overview on main screen looks massed up in portrait view. - Chat button is to big on mobile phone and on the wrong place - Most important, can you add the current rate/price in every trade line so I need only one screen for my actuals. Thanks a lot in advance Arne

Ahendriks: 7/22/2017 1:22:05 PM

Hiya, yes we're working on the mobile / small screen version, and we're looking at developing a specific app for that as it's very hard to fit complex trade data into such a small format without completely overhauling how the site currently works. Change is coming for Chrome on Android though! Including a fix to the chat tab ASAP.

Posted: 7/25/2017 12:42:35 AM
fx2006
Threads: 1, Posts: 3

After signing in, I would like to land either on my balances page or where i left

remove that  sticky (absolute) "Chat" button from the mid-right of the screen.. it can be on the upper menu

make the site more friendly for large screen desktop PC

make wallets defregging faster, 2 weeks is too much

Posted: 7/27/2017 6:56:05 PM Edited: 7/27/2017 6:57:08 PM
maxicoin

Hello, I am leaving some suggestions, I hope they serve something. I do not speak perfect English. I hope they can understand.

Things that I do not like undecided

It seems to me that the whole page is very basic without color, they should put the page in various languages, little info of the altcoin, an unfriendly graphic misleading the few signs that it has not helped much, I do not see indicators of colors red, green buy and sell thing Basic. the chat is confusing many people mixed impossible to converse can filter the chat by country,classify the altcoin with numbers in main panel

Things I like smile

The page is well distributed,good design, the exchange lacks only more indicators and color,the chat is very useful but this to improve,it is necessary to minimize some spaces by classifying the Altcoin by letters or symbol,the user profile is summarized perfect icons of ALT with good size offers a bit of color, has forum market and a bit of everything without exaggeration,to finish what I use in any platform, is a complete, fluid, friendly, extensive graph and altcoin information, These changes can make many people stay and do not want to leave

Posted: 7/28/2017 6:57:38 AM
v17
Threads: 0, Posts: 30

I'd express caution in designing for small screen mobile android and so on.  Halifax Bank in the uk did that, and then to save money they did not bother making their large screen desktop internet bank.  Now you get twenty or more buttonclicks through insufficiently labelled short single word buttons in huge text (I mean 72+ pts line pitch) to do something straightforward like pay a gas bill.  Horrid user experience there :<  Please don't oversimplify the desktop large screen site for the benefit of people who play penny-coin trader on the bus stop on their mobile.   By all means make them a limited site, possibly using favourites set up in advance from their desktop to limit the bewildering number of choices and info pages available.  In summary, the limited small screen site could by default be a signpost recommending going to the proper desktop site to pick some favourites, and then having only those on the small screen when a logged in user goes back to it.

Posted: 7/28/2017 2:05:55 PM
IDKMyUsername
Threads: 1, Posts: 6

How about an alert feature (Can be placed in the PM/Notification area) for those of us not using lame auto-bots. Designed specifically to alert you when specific coins reach a price set manually by the user. That way we can evaluate HOW the chart reached the price before executing a trade... so we know whether to adjust our strategy. Think that would help tons with tracking all these coins until you're able to build a desktop app for serious trading.

Posted: 8/4/2017 8:25:00 AM Edited: 8/4/2017 8:26:35 AM
ZTbuyer
Threads: 2, Posts: 33

constrain the range of the red/green orderbook chart x axis from the present 0 to infinity to perhaps +-30% or +-10% around the midpoint between the top of the buy orders and the lowest sell orders at the time that the page was called or browserpagerefreshed.

Posted: 8/4/2017 9:07:17 AM
michael32

Thanks for sharing this post. If you are looking for web push notifications and also want to increase your subscribers on your website then try
ZetPush at once. This is really awesome tool to work with.Give it a try at once https://zetpush.com/

Posted: 10/15/2017 12:20:22 PM
ffcruz85

I would like to see charts and price changes for the balances I hold - meaning I want to see change in the value of my balance in the coins I own - would make it much easier to make decisions (think of how coinbase shows the the value and change in the amount you own). It would also be great if you could set alerts for changes in the value of your holdings

Posted: 11/7/2017 1:37:06 PM
jolonzzz
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Guys, I love crytopia, it has a lot of coins on its list.
But platform missing a lot of features.
I have been trading on the NYSE, then MOEX for more than 6 years already and know lots of awesome features for traders which implementations will make your platform best and acceptable for scalping traders- and as we they brings liquidity to the market and big fishes.
I would start from an advanced order book for fast trading strategies and hotkeys...
If you guys love to hear more about UI design and all this stuff , please let me know : jolonzzz@gmail.com

Here is a pic of how should this cryptomarket look like for traders and i wish it gonna be changed soon and kick ass

Posted: 11/14/2017 12:17:35 PM Edited: 11/14/2017 12:19:33 PM
nikhil25ps
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

Can any body help me on 14 Dec 2017 i transfer 3016 SAFEX coin  from my bittrex to cryptopia account due to of delisting of Safex on bittrex. But after deposit safex in my cryptopia wallet it is not mentioning it still please tell me guys what i do its also showing market going to be delisting and my wallet not showibg my amount there is showing maintenance and updation.

On bittrex when maintenance happen they also showing amount. But on cryptopia it is not showing atleast ensure that an individuals deposit is successful or not.

Posted: Today 10:11:26 AM