Getting Started

Withboredom
Threads: 4, Posts: 21

Getting started on Cryptopia

The following guide(s) will outline how to get started using the various features Cryptopia has on offer, these include;

1. Deposits, withdrawals and transfers
  2. The Exchange
  3. Managing your account
  4. The Trollbox
  5. Extra bits!

It is not intended as an introduction to Cryptocurrency (crypto) in general but as a 'How To' for Cryptopia. If you are just getting into Crypto and feeling overwhelmed by the seemingly endless options and buzz words you may want to check out this guide, make a post in our forum or ask around in the Trollbox (site chat). We have plenty of experienced users who are generally more than happy to help out a newbie.

TL:DR?

We have some great community members creating video tutorials too!

If you are experiencing a more complicated issue please log a ticket with our support team.

Posted: 7/12/2017 5:36:42 AM Edited: 9/29/2017 9:39:51 AM
Withboredom

Deposits, withdrawals and transfers

Making a Deposit

In this example we will be using DOT, however, generating or viewing your deposit address for most coins has the same basic steps.

1. Hover your mouse over the  icon in the top right of the menu bar and click ‘Deposit’, search for DOT and click Next

2.The DOT deposit window is now shown.

3. The deposit address is what you will use as the destination address when depositing coins from another exchange or personal wallet.

Making a withdrawal

In this example we will be using DOT, however the steps for withdrawing has the same steps for most coins.

1. Hover your mouse over the  icon in the top right of the menu bar and click ‘Withdraw’, search for DOT and click Next.

2. The DOT withdrawal window is shown. Enter the amount you want to send and the wallet address you want to send it to then click Next.

3. We have sent an email to your registered email address. You need to click the 'Confirm Withdrawl' button in the email before your withdrawal will be sent.

Tip: Don't use the withdrawal feature if you are sending coins to another Cryptopia account. Use the Transfer feature for this.

Internal Transfers

Use this feature when you want to transfer coins to another Crypotopia Account.

1. Hover your mouse over the  icon in the top right of the menu bar and click 'Transfer', search for DOT and click 'Next'.

2. The Transfer window is shown. Enter the amount you want to transfer and the username you want to transfer it to. Click 'Verify User' then click 'Next'

3. Your transfer is now complete. Click 'Done' to return to the balances screen.

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:24:16 AM Edited: 7/12/2017 7:12:31 AM
Withboredom

The Exchange

The landing page for the Exchange shows Featured Markets, Top Markets (by base volume) and a 24hr Market Summary for each base market:

Exchange Landing Page

Once you select a market from the list on the left you will see statistics for that market. From this screen you will also be able to buy and sell that coin:

Exchange Market Detail

Buying and Selling

Buying or selling any currency listed on Cryptopia has the same basic steps.

1. Once logged in, navigate to the Exchange page in the top left of the menu bar.

2. In the search bar type the name or short-code of the coin you would like to buy/sell. 
e.g. If you want to buy or sell DotCoin type DotCoin or DOT

3. This will list the base markets in which your coin can be traded.

e.g. If you want to buy/sell DOT with/for BTC you will select the DOT/BTC market.

4. From the market page you can buy and sell your chosen coin. There are two ways for you to buy or sell a coin;

Instant Sell

Once you are on the market for your chosen coin e.g. BTC/NZDT the easiest way for you to buy/sell a coin is by matching with an existing Order. In this example we will be buying Bitcoin in exchange for NZDT, however, the same steps apply to every coin. If you want to sell coins follow the same steps but match with a 'Buy Order'.

1. Click the top row in the sell orders box on the left. 

2. This will populate the Buy BTC box with the required information. Now click your balance at the top of the box and the order will be adjusted to match your available NZDT.

Tip: If you don't want to use your entire balance you can manually adjust the Total, the other fields will automatically be adjusted.  

3. Click the 'Buy BTC' button to complete your order. This will instantly buy BTC and credit it to your Cryptopia wallet.

Open an order

The alternative to the 'instant sell' described above is to open a buy or sell order at a specified price and wait for another trader to match with your order. To create a buy/sell order you need to input the amount of the coin you wish to buy and how much you want to pay per coin you are buying. The Total, Fee and Net Total will then be automatically calculated. Note also that the 'Net Total' must be greater than the 'Minimum Trade' amount.

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:24:24 AM Edited: 7/12/2017 7:12:55 AM
Withboredom

Managing your account

Change your email address or password

• Due to the audit system on our platform you need to log a ticket with the support team to have your email address changed. 
  • To change your password go to the Security page and fill out the 'Change Password form:

*please note that we have difficulties with emails arriving at certain domains, including AOL/AIM, Netscape, Verizon, Comcast (and other ISP addresses), as well as many personal domains e.g. admin@myawesomewebsite.com

Two factor authentication

For added security we recommend you configure two factor authentication for at least your logins and withdrawals. By default, this is set to the PIN you set when you create your account. You can change your settings for this from the Security page:

Select from one of the below options and follow the on-screen prompts to configure your 2FA:

• Cryptopia Device
  • Email
  • Google Authentication
  • Pin Number
  • Password
  • Security Questions

For the best security we recommend using the Cryptopia Authenticator, this implements a custom form of 2FA exclusive to Cryptopia, more info and a guide on this here.

Tip: Having difficulty with your two factor? i.e you forgot it, broke or lost your phone etc. You can request that the Cryptopia Support team perform a reset for you: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport. If you are unable to login to your account you will need provide some proof of ownership in the form of recent orders, transaction and/or coin balances and send the details to us using the contact form. This process can take up to a week due to the amount of requests.

Getting Verified

When you sign up for an account and verify your email address you are able to Withdraw or Transfer up to $5,000 NZD per 24 hour period. You can apply for a level 2 or 3 verification which will increase these limits;

Level 2

Level 2 verification allows you to withdraw or transfer up to $50,000 a day you can apply for level 2 verification here https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserVerification you are required to supply:

• Accurate details regarding your full name and address
  • An image of your ID. Accepted forms of Identification include
    • Passport
    • Driver's Licenese
    • Firearm LIcense
    • National Identity Card (e.g. 18+ card)
  • An image of you holding the same ID so we can see your face, like this;

It can take up to 2 weeks after you have submitted an application for it to be reviewed. 

Level 3

Level 3 verification will allow you to withdraw or transfer up to $500,000 NZD per 24 hour period. To apply for level 3 verification please submit the following to verification@cryptopia.co.nz;

• An additional image of you holding the ID submitted for level 2 with another piece of paper which has your handwritten cryptopia username on it.
  • Proof of your address such as a utility bill, bank statement/letter or other goverment communication.
  • A written statement as to why you may need to withdraw more than the $50k NZD per day.
  • You must have 2FA enabled on your Cryptopia account for all aspects. Please see 'Managing your account' above for a guide on how to set this up.

It can take up to 2 weeks after you have submitted an application for it to be reviewed.  

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:24:32 AM Edited: 12/10/2017 9:49:42 AM
Withboredom

The Trollbox (site chat)

The Trollbox is Cryptopia's on site chat system. Use it to ask questions or interect with other users/troll other users! There are some rules though so please familiarise yourself least you feel the fury of Thor's Ban Hammer :-)

Understanding the Art of War (trollbox rules)

Trollbox Rules EN

Trollbox规则 CN

Reglas del Trollbox Español ES

Trollbox Rules DE

Правила чата на русском языке RU

قواعد الدردشة AR

اردو ur-PK

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:33:28 AM Edited: 9/28/2017 7:45:40 AM
Withboredom

Extra bits!

Arbitrage

The Arbitrage provides a real time comparison of different Base Markets across various exchanges. You will find this useful if you want to take advantage of market price differences between the exchanges.

Coin Information

On the CoinInfo page you will find a list of coins on Cryptopia and useful information related to them including their Website, SourceCode, Block Explorer, Required Confirmations and general settings etc. The CoinInfo page is also where you can see if a wallet is in maintenance and the status of the coins listing.

What is the coin rating?

Category Weighting
Windows Wallet +100
Linux Wallet +100
Mac Wallet +100
Mobile Wallet +100
Web/Paper Wallet +100
Premine 0% No change, 0.1%-2% -200, 2.1%-10% -300, 10.1%-50% -400, 50.1%-100% -600
Website +100
Block Explorer +200
Cryptopia Forum Thread +200

Paytopia

Info coming soon!

Market Place

Info coming soon!

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:35:18 AM Edited: 9/28/2017 7:52:18 AM
DALLAS2188
Threads: 0, Posts: 1

Ok. I have zero idea about what I am doing. I have some Ethereum but I want to trade it for another currency. How do I do this?

Posted: 8/25/2017 4:29:17 PM
ciconsulting
Threads: 1, Posts: 2

What are the limits?

Is there any verification necessary?  If so how does it changes the limits?

Posted: 9/8/2017 2:04:41 PM
herkamer66

Do i have to already have to have currency to use this site? If so, how do i go about acquiring some?

Posted: 9/13/2017 8:29:15 PM
SatoshiDisciple
Threads: 0, Posts: 49

Usefull stuff, thanks

Posted: 9/18/2017 10:44:47 AM
Threads: 0, Posts: 2

我刚注册的账户,已经充币进入显示成功,,那么我测试提币,显示我是0.000个,这个是什么原因?????

Posted: 9/24/2017 9:25:25 AM
cloudeye

Ok. I have zero idea about what I am doing. I have some Ethereum but I want to trade it for another currency. How do I do this?

DALLAS2188: 8/25/2017 4:29:17 PM

Posted: 10/29/2017 2:54:43 PM
cloudeye

Same thing i aslo want to know. why it is always have to purchase with BTC, I want to buy/trade coins with ETH. Is it not Possible here in this site?

Posted: 10/29/2017 2:56:15 PM
Mjsmith1964

I inadverdantly copied the wrong send address (bitcoin cash) instead of bitcoin (BTC) when I went to send BTC from coinbase to my Crytopia account.  I see the funds still in blockcypher and unspent.  Is there any way to get those funds back into my coinbase account?

Posted: 11/11/2017 6:47:05 PM
amore

The Exchange

The landing page for the Exchange shows Featured Markets, Top Markets (by base volume) and a 24hr Market Summary for each base market:

Exchange Landing Page

Once you select a market from the list on the left you will see statistics for that market. From this screen you will also be able to buy and sell that coin:

Exchange Market Detail

Buying and Selling

Buying or selling any currency listed on Cryptopia has the same basic steps.

1. Once logged in, navigate to the Exchange page in the top left of the menu bar.

2. In the search bar type the name or short-code of the coin you would like to buy/sell. 
e.g. If you want to buy or sell DotCoin type DotCoin or DOT

3. This will list the base markets in which your coin can be traded.

e.g. If you want to buy/sell DOT with/for BTC you will select the DOT/BTC market.

4. From the market page you can buy and sell your chosen coin. There are two ways for you to buy or sell a coin;

Instant Sell

Once you are on the market for your chosen coin e.g. BTC/NZDT the easiest way for you to buy/sell a coin is by matching with an existing Order. In this example we will be buying Bitcoin in exchange for NZDT, however, the same steps apply to every coin. If you want to sell coins follow the same steps but match with a 'Buy Order'.

1. Click the top row in the sell orders box on the left. 

2. This will populate the Buy BTC box with the required information. Now click your balance at the top of the box and the order will be adjusted to match your available NZDT.

Tip: If you don't want to use your entire balance you can manually adjust the Total, the other fields will automatically be adjusted.  

3. Click the 'Buy BTC' button to complete your order. This will instantly buy BTC and credit it to your Cryptopia wallet.

Open an order

The alternative to the 'instant sell' described above is to open a buy or sell order at a specified price and wait for another trader to match with your order. To create a buy/sell order you need to input the amount of the coin you wish to buy and how much you want to pay per coin you are buying. The Total, Fee and Net Total will then be automatically calculated. Note also that the 'Net Total' must be greater than the 'Minimum Trade' amount.

Withboredom: 7/12/2017 6:24:24 AM

Posted: 11/29/2017 1:01:42 PM
bekah
Threads: 1, Posts: 3

I am looking for Donations of Bitcoin, Any amount would be amazing.

My Husband soon to be ex recently walked out on me and my 4 kids after he made alot of money from Bitcoin from the loans I got in my name to get him started.

I am in alot of Financial Debt because of this arsehole and am struggling to pay anything or support my children.

I know this is a long shot but I am desperate, the daily grind of working full time just isnt cutting it and I hate that I cant support my children.

If anyone could help me even a little amount, anything I would be so grateful.

My Address is 1F4z7RdZ5RE2o22hvUCVrRRsdxDS2DXz5T

Thank you for reading this.

Posted: 11/29/2017 10:10:27 PM
Ssurgener

I am absolutley confused and have no idea what I'm doing. I can't accesss the Electronuem site to see my coins. I'm not sure how to trade or even if you can be trading. Can someone help? 

Posted: 12/8/2017 3:53:21 PM