The following guide(s) will outline how to get started using the various features Cryptopia has on offer, these include;
It is not intended as an introduction to Cryptocurrency (crypto) in general but as a 'How To' for Cryptopia. If you are just getting into Crypto and feeling overwhelmed by the seemingly endless options and buzz words you may want to check out this guide, make a post in our forum or ask around in the Trollbox (site chat). We have plenty of experienced users who are generally more than happy to help out a newbie.
If you are experiencing a more complicated issue please log a ticket with our support team.
In this example we will be using DOT, however, generating or viewing your deposit address for most coins has the same basic steps.
1. Hover your mouse over the icon in the top right of the menu bar and click ‘Deposit’, search for DOT and click Next
2.The DOT deposit window is now shown.
3. The deposit address is what you will use as the destination address when depositing coins from another exchange or personal wallet.
In this example we will be using DOT, however the steps for withdrawing has the same steps for most coins.
1. Hover your mouse over the icon in the top right of the menu bar and click ‘Withdraw’, search for DOT and click Next.
2. The DOT withdrawal window is shown. Enter the amount you want to send and the wallet address you want to send it to then click Next.
3. We have sent an email to your registered email address. You need to click the 'Confirm Withdrawl' button in the email before your withdrawal will be sent.
Tip: Don't use the withdrawal feature if you are sending coins to another Cryptopia account. Use the Transfer feature for this.
Use this feature when you want to transfer coins to another Crypotopia Account.
1. Hover your mouse over the icon in the top right of the menu bar and click 'Transfer', search for DOT and click 'Next'.
2. The Transfer window is shown. Enter the amount you want to transfer and the username you want to transfer it to. Click 'Verify User' then click 'Next'
3. Your transfer is now complete. Click 'Done' to return to the balances screen.
The landing page for the Exchange shows Featured Markets, Top Markets (by base volume) and a 24hr Market Summary for each base market:
Once you select a market from the list on the left you will see statistics for that market. From this screen you will also be able to buy and sell that coin:
Buying or selling any currency listed on Cryptopia has the same basic steps.
1. Once logged in, navigate to the Exchange page in the top left of the menu bar.
2. In the search bar type the name or short-code of the coin you would like to buy/sell.
e.g. If you want to buy or sell DotCoin type DotCoin or DOT
3. This will list the base markets in which your coin can be traded.
e.g. If you want to buy/sell DOT with/for BTC you will select the DOT/BTC market.
4. From the market page you can buy and sell your chosen coin. There are two ways for you to buy or sell a coin;
Once you are on the market for your chosen coin e.g. BTC/NZDT the easiest way for you to buy/sell a coin is by matching with an existing Order. In this example we will be buying Bitcoin in exchange for NZDT, however, the same steps apply to every coin. If you want to sell coins follow the same steps but match with a 'Buy Order'.
1. Click the top row in the sell orders box on the left.
2. This will populate the Buy BTC box with the required information. Now click your balance at the top of the box and the order will be adjusted to match your available NZDT.
Tip: If you don't want to use your entire balance you can manually adjust the Total, the other fields will automatically be adjusted.
3. Click the 'Buy BTC' button to complete your order. This will instantly buy BTC and credit it to your Cryptopia wallet.
The alternative to the 'instant sell' described above is to open a buy or sell order at a specified price and wait for another trader to match with your order. To create a buy/sell order you need to input the amount of the coin you wish to buy and how much you want to pay per coin you are buying. The Total, Fee and Net Total will then be automatically calculated. Note also that the 'Net Total' must be greater than the 'Minimum Trade' amount.
For added security we reccomend you configure two factor authentication for at least your logins and withdrawals. You can do this from the Security page:
Select from one of the below options and follow the on-screen prompts to configure your 2FA:
For the best security we reccomend using the Cryptopia Authenticator, this implements a custom form of 2FA exclusive to Cryptopia, more info and a guide on this here.
Tip: Having difficulty with your two factor? i.e you forgot it, broke or lost your phone etc. You can request that the Cryptopia Support team perform a reset for you: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserSupport If you are unable to login to your account you will need provide some proof of ownership in the form of recent orders, transaction and/or coin balances and send the details to us using the contact form.
Info coming soon!
Info coming soon!
On the CoinInfo page you will find a list of coins on Cryptopia and useful information related to them including their Website, SourceCode, Block Explorer, Required Confirmations and general settings etc. The CoinInfo page is also where you can see if a wallet is in maintenance and the status of the coins listing.
|Premine||0% No change, 0.1%-2% -200, 2.1%-10% -300, 10.1%-50% -400, 50.1%-100% -600|
|Cryptopia Forum Thread||+200|
Info coming soon!
Info coming soon!