Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

My coins aren't sold / order not filled...

rclreichenbach
Threads: 1, Posts: 1

Hey all,  please someone tell me why my coins aren't sold / order not filled. They received the target price, but aren't sold. Now the currency rate is already lower... How does this work in cryptopia?

Posted: 6/30/2017 1:25:59 PM Edited: 6/30/2017 1:29:23 PM
ZTbuyer
Threads: 1, Posts: 9

From a second time user in europe,

It is really easy to type in an asking price ten or a hundred times from that which would get any takers, so please check.

If you are trading some minor coin as I am, at an "ambitious" price a little more favourable to you than the going rate for trade, and there are plenty of trades in most hours of the past month, and my asking price is within the range of observed prices in the past month, I've seen trades go through after a random time of perhaps a day or two.  I've been selling XMY for BTC.

If you want an immediate trade, as I think your post is after, then choose your price to be inside the "available" order book, and that should go through very promptly at the "best" prices for you and never worse than your limit.  For example, buying unobtanium with bitcoin as https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=UNO_BTC#, click the tab "Depth/Dist" to look at the red and green orderbook.  If buying UNO, mousehover over the green and enter a "buy" order at the top of your range of your offer price range for buying; a little over the trading at the red/green boundary if you want it to go through asap.  The bigger a quantity you require, the further from the red/green boundary you'll have to go before the offers there integrate to your required trade volume.  Shortly after entering a good order, you should see the red/green boundary close up or overlap at the prices which trades are going through at.

If there is a big white gap between the red and the green, that might be a rather quiet market, and unless you are ok with the price on the unfavourable side of the gap, there won't be any immediate trade.  You can still leave a "just in case" bid on a quiet coin.  Just leave it there for a couple of days or until you need your BTC for something else.  Somebody in a hurry might want to put through that trade; you never know when.

Posted: 6/30/2017 3:30:32 PM
MrFloppy
Threads: 86, Posts: 461

Hey all,  please someone tell me why my coins aren't sold / order not filled. They received the target price, but aren't sold. Now the currency rate is already lower... How does this work in cryptopia?

rclreichenbach: 6/30/2017 1:25:59 PM

First in First Out.  If you created an order at price where there already orders from others placed they will get filled before order placed later.  If it already large amount of orders at that price or "a wall"  then the only way to get ahead is place an order at price higher or lower depending on if your buying or selling.   To get an order filled immediately just match your order price/quantiy to an exisiting order you see in the books on its market.

Posted: 6/30/2017 5:55:11 PM