Chat

Trollbox
Users Online: 0

Is capcha nessesary with 2FA ?

nickbeentjes
Threads: 3, Posts: 9

Dear Admins,

You have made a great site and I really like your platform but I am sorry capcha really sucks badly, I am sure I am not alone here in my hatred of it - so simple question is - why can we not disable it if we have 2FA enabled ? 

Really really sick of picking street signs and storefronts.

Thanks

Nick

Posted: 6/6/2017 3:40:37 AM
SeriousFace
Threads: 2, Posts: 12

I hate having to use it also, but it exists to serve a different function than 2FA. 2FA is to protect your account if your password is comprimised or if you forget to lock your computer and walk away. The Captcha is to prevent automated attempts to log in with users credentials; this protects the integrity of your password and protects Cryptopia from denial of service attacks.

We can probably start a support group or something, but the Captcha is a necessary evil.

Posted: 6/6/2017 4:21:25 AM
nickbeentjes
Threads: 3, Posts: 9

I use a few other sites that has the 2FA on the same panel as the username / password which would make it virtually impossible for a bot to crack ..... 

Use capture if this fails twice or something then it is my own stupid fault for not getting my shit right.

Just a thought.

Posted: 6/6/2017 10:43:12 AM
SeriousFace
Threads: 2, Posts: 12

I'll concede your point. We have some 2FA changes in the pipeline that will get rolled out in a few weeks or so, I'll get this on a post it note for consideration then.

Posted: 6/6/2017 10:34:08 PM